Peter Grant If Rodgers is banned it will make a mockery of Scottish Football

But apparently if a Gers fan referee - if there actually is one - would never give decisions to the other team, well because they are just biased. I'd say that confirms Peter the pointer and chums are the biased lot.
Yep. Even if there are any Celtic supporting referees who got past the masonic selection committee, Peter claims they are still biased in favour of Rangers. Amazing.

Surely the fact that someone of Peter Grant’s ability managed to have a career in Scottish football has already made it a mockery?

I would be surprised if even the SFA suits let him off with this.They need to be siding with the refs or they could be heading to another strike.It opens the door for more abuse if they give in to this attempt at bully boy tactics.
This is my line of thinking as well. They need to back the refs and Beaton in this case in particular.

Ridiculous interview , so in his opinion a referee when he played was biased against him if the ref was a rangers fan or a Celtic fan? What a bell end

He’s clearly broke the rules with his comments, it’s an open and shut case. And yet here we are 3 weeks later waiting for the outcome. They are dragging this is out for as long as possible.

A mockery if he's not banned.

We all know the cries if it had been Philippe Clement who had acted like that and brought the game into disrepute.

Beale was banned for 5 matches for an altercation with officials at Parkhead where he accepted he called Clancy's integrity into question

Rogers should be onto plums
He faces a 2 game ban

Prediction- 1 game ban, with a further suspended. Convenient.

A full quashing would make the officials walk out here

BBC Gossip page says he is going into hearing with some hot shot lawyer, Nick De Marco. Must have money to burn.
If they are bringing legal proceedings into, it at the very least sets a precedent to what you are allowed to say and criticise.

Grant appears to be ignorant to the fact that not applying the rules then creates a conspiratorial situation. How dumb can you possibly be? He's advocating for shunning the actual rule book because of appearances. What an idiot

Grant appears to be ignorant to the fact that not applying the rules then creates a conspiratorial situation. How dumb can you possibly be? He's advocating for shunning the actual rule book because of appearances. What an idiot
It's as if grant and stewart are on the same page.
The rules are written down... but no, they don't like who they are being applied to so make up their own.

If he’s not band ( he will be ) big Phil has to say the exact same thing about refs/ officials next time a decision goes against us. N watch the meltdown

It's as if grant and stewart are on the same page.
The rules are written down... but no, they don't like who they are being applied to so make up their own.
Its a total mockery towards the game especialy from Stewarts point of view as he actively tries to enforce alternative rules during an actual live game. Celtic and their paid gimps enforce constant disrepute onto our game.

Tin hat on, but I can see where Peter Grunt is coming from, with his Celtic supporting ref comment, although to flip that on its head, he won a title on the day Hearts lost it at Dens Park, the ref at the Hearts match was apparently a big Hearts man and the Hearts players weren't too happy, he denied the Jambos a stone wall penalty at nil nil.

Anyway, Grant is still an arsehole.

He has to get banned but there is absolutely no way that he'll not be in the dug out against us. Whether it's suspended till after our game or till end of season I'm not sure but it will be one of those.
He could appeal and the appeal hearing not convened until after the 7th

Hopefully your correct and he rightfully gets banned because if the SFA want to correctly implement their own rules then he will get a minimum 2 match ban for breaking said rules.

Let’s see if they have the balls to do it.
It doesn’t require balls.
It’s simply applying the rules as they exist and protect referees.
The case couldn’t be clearer.
He actually called them incompetent.
You categorically can’t question competence publicly.

Pretty sure their legal advisor and Rodgers will want to rehatch the offence but this is not the forum to do so and that ship has sailed.

Scottish football is already a mockery. Lost emails, football being called off cause it rained, no sponsors, clubs pissing their pants because a Rangers badge was placed on the floor in a neutral venue.

That’s just off the top of my head.

The comments coming from the Scum at this time (Easter) you can see all the crucifixes coming out on behalf of Saint Brendan!

The only thing that will make a mockery of Scottish football is if Rodgers isn’t banned.

Their rules state you cannot accuse officials of bias or incompetence. Rodgers did that.

It’s an open and shut case ffs.

Rodgers has to be banned. He questioned the competency of the officials - a clear and direct breach of the SFAs rules. It matters not a jot if he was right or wrong to do so. The fact of the matter is that he breached the rules. That’s the beginning and end if it.

He won’t be though.

No its the other way around.If he doesn't get a ban then it will lead to a mockery and a free for all.

"You know what everyone will be talking about if Brendan is banned for that game where the away supporters are already away from it."

Mental gymnastics and manipulative behaviour at its finest and at its most predictable.
They might have a "fancy" lawyer but a child can see through this bull Grant.

Inevitable this nonsense would start appearing, they will try everything to make sure he is not banned for the OF. Typical behaviour from that lot, expect nothing less.

I suspect he will be banned but it will be suspended, probably to the end of the season. Thus, they can claim Rodgers was punished while appeasing the hordes from the east.

The reality is that if they don’t punish him appropriately, it is open season on calling referees incompetent. That is the decision they have to make.

IF Brendan Rodgers is hit with an SFA ban then it will lead to a build up of conspiracy theories.

That's the view of former Celtic player Peter Grant.

The Hoops boss is in the dock after branding referee John Beaton "incompetent" over his display as the VAR for Celtic's game against Hearts on March 3, which ended in a 2-0 win for the Jambos.

Rodgers was hit with a notice of complaint by Hampden officials and now faces a two-match ban.

If found guilty, he would miss this weekend's match against Livingston as well as the Old Firm derby against Rangers on April 7.

The Parkhead club will be drafting in top footie lawyer Nick De Marco to defend him

He's the same man who got Scott Brown off the hook when he was facing a ban before an Old Firm derby in 2019.

If the verdict of the judiciary panel goes against Rodgers, ex-Celts star Grant isn't looking forward to the fallout.

He even went as far as saying it will make a MOCKERY of Scottish football.

Speaking on GO Radio, Grant said: "Let me tell you, if he misses the Celtic-Rangers game for whatever reason, you know what people are going to be saying then.

"You know it's going to be making a mockery of Scottish football.

"You know the conspiracy theorists everybody talks about? That will be building up

"You're going there without fans and your manager.

"You know what everyone will be talking about if Brendan is banned for that game where the away supporters are already away from it."

For his part, Grant insisted: "I don't think there's a conspiracy against Celtic. I don't think there's a conspiracy against anyone."

He did add though that in his personal experience, he didn't like it if he knew the match referee was a Celtic fan.

Grant claimed they would try to give decisions in the other team's favour so people didn't think they were biased.

He said: "If I knew they're a Celtic supporter, I wasn't too happy with it. I preferred it if it wasn't a Celtic supporter."

That's right ya papish cun't, filth managers should be allowed to call out referees you already have in your back pocket with impunity.

The only surprise in that drivel is him acknowledging the fact there are referees who are filth fans and then tries to make out that’s a been a negative thing for his beloved team…aw dear they’re some f@cking crew!

He won't get banned, regardless of what this moron says or thinks.

Why is he even getting any column inches in a national newspaper? When was the last time he was even given any mainstream media attention?

The only surprise in that drivel is him acknowledging the fact there are referees who are filth fans and then tries to make out that’s a been a negative thing for his beloved team…aw dear they’re some f@cking crew!

We all know what this about, it's so transparent and as another poster has said, when is the last time, Grunt has been given the opportunity to air his thoughts and as if by magic he's allowed to pop up today of all days.

IF Brendan Rodgers is hit with an SFA ban then it will lead to a build up of conspiracy theories.

That's the view of former Celtic player Peter Grant.

The Hoops boss is in the dock after branding referee John Beaton "incompetent" over his display as the VAR for Celtic's game against Hearts on March 3, which ended in a 2-0 win for the Jambos.

Rodgers was hit with a notice of complaint by Hampden officials and now faces a two-match ban.

If found guilty, he would miss this weekend's match against Livingston as well as the Old Firm derby against Rangers on April 7.

The Parkhead club will be drafting in top footie lawyer Nick De Marco to defend him

He's the same man who got Scott Brown off the hook when he was facing a ban before an Old Firm derby in 2019.

If the verdict of the judiciary panel goes against Rodgers, ex-Celts star Grant isn't looking forward to the fallout.

He even went as far as saying it will make a MOCKERY of Scottish football.

Speaking on GO Radio, Grant said: "Let me tell you, if he misses the Celtic-Rangers game for whatever reason, you know what people are going to be saying then.

"You know it's going to be making a mockery of Scottish football.

"You know the conspiracy theorists everybody talks about? That will be building up

"You're going there without fans and your manager.

For his part, Grant insisted: "I don't think there's a conspiracy against Celtic. I don't think there's a conspiracy against anyone."

He did add though that in his personal experience, he didn't like it if he knew the match referee was a Celtic fan.

Grant claimed they would try to give decisions in the other team's favour so people didn't think they were biased.

He said: "If I knew they're a Celtic supporter, I wasn't too happy with it. I preferred it if it wasn't a Celtic supporter."
So if the rules are followed it will be a mockery? OK.

Latest posts

Back