Phil Foden

We need to calm down a bit. Let’s see how the next week goes before using words like ‘world class’ and ‘outrageous’

Wouldn't look out of place blowing smoke rings from his fag hanging around the local shops
Fantastic player with 2 assists last night but Englands second was all down to Bellingham
Both are young and fearless and a joy to watch

Embarrassing tranny army ‘anyone but England’ mentality.

Some Scotland fans cant seem to understand that there needs to be two teams hating each other for a rivalry to exist. England and their fans don’t give a flying f*ck what we do.

It’s like Aberdeen thinking that we are their rivals. They don’t even enter our thoughts unless we are playing them.
About as embarrassing as trying to have rivalries with Germany & Argentina? Who have bigger rivalries with the Netherlands & Brazil.

It’s cool though you get your staunch points for ‘tranny army’

Some Scotland fans cant seem to understand that there needs to be two teams hating each other for a rivalry to exist. England and their fans don’t give a flying f*ck what we do.

It’s like Aberdeen thinking that we are their rivals. They don’t even enter our thoughts unless we are playing them.
Because of media and fans like you hope England don’t win anything

Messi has a brilliant game against Aus. Oh it's only Australia, let's see how he does against a good side. Bellingham and Foden have good games against Senegal, they are the best thing since sliced bread. Outrageous, Incredible.

Bellingham has massive potential, but he was poor against the US, and has been good against poor sides so far. English hype train in full flow.

Looking forward to a France win on Saturday.

England have a fantastic array of talent. This could be their next "golden generation" of players. Foden is an exceptionally good footballer. I hope that they beat the French.

Some people on here seem so confident France will stuff them,I don't get that to be honest I watched France against a piss poor Denmark and Denmark pushed them all the way then again against Tunisia they were awful.This is 50/50 imo.

One is playing at the world cup and the other is struggling in the Lowland League with the b team, last I seen him play anyway, absolutely mental to be comparing them to each other
Quite clearly not comparing talent but comparing how young players need to be bedded into the team and can't just be thrown in and expect to perform every week.

Some people on here seem so confident France will stuff them,I don't get that to be honest I watched France against a piss poor Denmark and Denmark pushed them all the way then again against Tunisia they were awful.This is 50/50 imo.
I think France keep a lot in reserve and do what they need to to beat opposition. Watching their games so far Tunisia apart as they were already through they've barely been troubled. For the first 30 minutes last night Senegal looked the better side and some better decisions in the final third could have seen them take the lead

England have played very poor sides. The only half decent side they played (who I'd say are Denmark would beat) they were second best throughout the game. France are a massive step up for them.

The game v France should be a cracker.

I'm not Southgate's biggest fan but fair play to him ditching the 3 centre back stuff and letting his young stars such as the incredible Bellingham and Foden do their thing.

Saka is also very good though done very little in first half last night and i was thinking change it then he scores.

Some of Kanes play when dropping deeper is superb too.

And as much as I can't be arsed with Pickford and Maguire they've been decent.

Shaw possibly the weak link and the Mbappe v Walker tussle will be interesting as Mbappe will for once be against someone with ridiculous pace.

Looking forward to the game and hope England win in a classic.

I'm not Southgate's biggest fan but fair play to him ditching the 3 centre back stuff and letting his young stars such as the incredible Bellingham and Foden do their thing.

Saka is also very good though done very little in first half last night and i was thinking change it then he scores.

Shaw possibly the weak link and the Mbappe v Walker tussle will be interesting as Mbappe will for once be against someone with ridiculous pace.

I think he might revert to 3 at the back v France to try and deal with Mbappe, have Trippier and Walker in the side

He had a great game tonight, and it helps there is great talent across the 'front 6'.

However to win the thing they need to go past France, then probably Spain / Portugal, then Brazil. I think they'll fall short against at least one of those.

Not taking Senegal getting beat well are you? Haha
I’m fine with it mate, fully expected them to beat Senegal. Although would have loved it if it had went the other way.

Also expected the over the top reaction, forgetting that they could easily have been 2-0 down after half an hour if Senegal had taken their chances.

It’s like the last two tournaments they have been in, get piss easy draws and then it comes crashing down as soon as they meet a half decent team.

I'm with you.

If England play well (not arrogant prima donnas of the past), I'll be happy
for my English family members and my English friends.

I’m not sure what would be better, a resounding loss to France or another ‘It’s Coming Home’ orgy followed by them chucking it away in the final again.

Would be amazing if the Argies beat them in the final tbf.
Your dislike of England is noted but isn't this thread about Phil Foden?

And if Scotland were ever in England's position the media and the support would be the same.

Embarrassing pish.

How could you want Argentina to win?

Must be exhausting living with that chip on your shoulder.
Nah, it’s energising actually. It’s basically like watching Celtic go from potentially winning the CL to getting thumped.

I’d want Argentina to win because I think Messi is a joy to watch and it would annoy England so much :)

I’m not sure what would be better, a resounding loss to France or another ‘It’s Coming Home’ orgy followed by them chucking it away in the final again.

Would be amazing if the Argies beat them in the final tbf.
Morning Nicola.

I wouldn't read the All Things Nat Bashing thread in the Lounge if I were you.

Their fans have been singing about Scotland in Qatar and do so regularly at their games.

@knightswood_bear

What is the rivalry perceived to be about? Being next door?

You would happily back a couple try who hate us, started a war against us, because it would annoy England?

Infantile
In the words of Gareth Southgate ‘we’re here and they’re right here’. Something that was understood by pretty much everyone, aside from a few on FF apparently.

Also the fact that I have to listen to their pundits talk at length about England regardless of what game I’m watching.

Harry Kane is a cheat and he’s their captain. He also looks like the kid from The Sixth Sense which annoys me.

I’d also want Germany or Egypt to beat them in a game of football, despite the wars we have fought against them.

Something more of our fans should look at when talking about Lowry
Id prefer not to look or hear anything about pep(impossible) as its always the same startstruck crap about how he gets everything right and is great for every single player he works with. Another CL defeat this year well ofcourse players to blame.

And if Foden is world class or anywhere near that talented then maybe the coaching was not all that important.

On the subject of Lowry if he was with the first team that maniac wouldnt have got the chance to injure him. I dont get the panic about picking younger players to play for Rangers no one has ever really explained why its so dangerous.

I prefer the part where England beat France and Scotland has a collective mental breakdown.
watched the game last night in the local bowling club.

The hatred and bitterness towards england was disgusting. Only a handful of old folk in, but they genuinely hated england.

One old guy turns up when the score was 2-0.. He asked the score, was told it, then growled 'english basturds'

Mental

The hatred and bitterness towards england was disgusting. Only a handful of old folk in, but they genuinely hated england.

One old guy turns up when the score was 2-0.. He asked the score, was told it, then growled 'english basturds'

Mental
Jeez mate, I’m really sorry you had to experience that.

We should get a justgiving going to help with the therapy that will be required for you to move past such disgusting attacks.

I can relate, I remember watching a game where a guy called one of the players a ‘f**king w**ker’ because he missed a shot. I’m not ashamed to say I was crying.

We should get a justgiving going to help with the therapy that will be required for you to move past such disgusting attacks.

I can relate, I remember watching a game where a guy called one of the players a ‘f**king w**ker’ because he missed a shot. I’m not ashamed to say I was crying.
Aye. That’s relevant to what I posted.

No one ‘attacked’ me, it was comments made to their friends

I laughed, found their bitterness mental and carried on watching the game.

Mental
Sad thing is old fuds like that think there is a rivalry, when the reality is a Scotland World cup game in an English bowling club would probably be turned over to watch Cash in the Attic instead.

I think a lot of it is the unfounded superiority complex from some English fans and their media.

Last edited:
Aye. That’s relevant to what I posted.

No one ‘attacked’ me, it was comments made to their friends

I laughed, found their bitterness mental and carried on watching the game.
You don’t have to put on a brave face mate.

I remember during the Euros one guy who clearly didn’t like England actually had the audacity to call Gary Lineker “Big Ears”.

Like you, I was disgusted, shocked and appalled but tried to suffer in silence.

You don’t have to put on a brave face mate.

I remember during the Euros one guy who clearly didn’t like England actually had the audacity to call Gary Lineker “Big Ears”.

Like you, I was disgusted, shocked and appalled but tried to suffer in silence.

Back