Pitch Invaders

Worst I seen was at FT outside the Copland. Some guy struggling to hold himself up, pissing against the stadium with his jeans at his knees. Disgusting and disgraceful really, hopefully the police got to him.

It's the annoying thing about Euro nights.
This is Ban material right away!

This starts with the players. They should be told not to approach fans and not to give tops to those who come onto the pitch.

Then the season ticket is removed from the kid and the parent. I just knew the boy who ran on from the BF and got Goldsons top would start a trend.

It's now getting fucking ridiculous, what that wee boy hoped to achieve by running on before the final whistle, I'll never know. Did he think a player would give his shirt and run about topless for 5 minutes?!

Parents, get a fucking grip please.

I think it’s needs nipped in the bud, it’s only going to get worse. I’m taking my wee lad over for the next europa game and he’s wanting to make a sign ffs and said who wouldn’t want one of their tops

The 1 who ran on before the final whistle on Thursday was mental ....why ?...hero status on social media ....I'm surprised Rangers haven't come out and said anything

I'm sure it was a wee boy with one of those 'man buns'. They (kid and Dad) were sitting about 5 rows in front of us in the CF during the game and then next thing he's on the pitch, couldn't believe any parent would let their child enter the field of play when a game is still going on (never mind at all), the Dad was away from his seat at this point which made me think he's probably been aware that his kid was going to do this.
If you’re an adult and you allow your child to have a man bun out with you in public, social services should be informed. Cretins.

I can remember a good few years ago I had my niece at the game and got tickets for the front of the enclosure it was the very last home game of the season and players done lap of honour. Players came right to the wall for pictures and selfies and asked a couple of them for a top for her and their reply was simply sorry no they aren’t allowed and that was fine.

You don’t ask you don’t get :D.

Agree though now it’s going to become a competition for the youngsters now as if they aren’t causing the club any bother were as we will get fined from UEFA no doubt.

On top of that it’s tin pot embarrassing just so their parent can post it on social media, it’s become the norm in this world now.

would a solution to this maybe be that the club let players give out strips in pre announced areas of the ground and add the cost to kids season tickets in the areas ?

If a player decides to come to you and give you a top in a stand, that’s his place to do so. To run on begging is greed and entitlement. It’s gonna cost the club fines, and some kid is gonna fall and do them self harm and you just know with these types the parents will blame the club and chase compo.

Not to derail the thread, but when did players swapping jerseys at the end of Euro games stop being a thing?
I believe it stopped on field and is done in the tunnel as sponsors don’t want to see the players after a victory without their logos displayed

I actually cringe when I see folk running on, let the players celebrate ffs. Totally ruins it for them imo.

I don’t have issue with young fans bringing signs to the game, players have thrown their jerseys into the crowd for years. If a youngster takes a sign and this gets them a players top then well done to them but if you’re going to let your kid run on in the knowledge that the club will get fined, that’s just selfish behaviour.

To cut a long story short, just stop doing it.

I remember when we eoncthe league in 1987.. walter was not slow in telling people to %^*& off off the pitch be it at Pittodrie or the st mirren game the following week we need a strong player to tell them to %^*& off

I remember when we eoncthe league in 1987.. walter was not slow in telling people to %^*& off off the pitch be it at Pittodrie or the st mirren game the following week we need a strong player to tell them to %^*& off
McGregor done that the first week someone ran on

They just ran to someone else who gave it to them

There should be serious consequences for all, regardless of age; but the one who ran on during the game, and the last one who looked much older in particular. These were the 2 that at least, didn’t get tops… meaning they’re likely to try again if they just get let off with it

It needs to stop, we'll get fined for it and parents will still let their kids do it, folk like that should just stay at home and watch the game

I don’t think anyone has an issue with the Bassey one when a wee kid with glasses on holds up a bit of cardboard and has stayed in his seat patiently then the player has a choice to give or not. Respect to that kid.

However encroachment onto the field cannot and will not be tolerated it’s that simple.
Are folk giving Bassey a hard time? That wee boy and you would assume his parents have went about things the right way, well done them.

If the club gets a fine should it be passed to those who ran on or their families?

I'd have quite fancied running on and shaking Tav, Kent and Alfies hand but it's not allowed and will cost us even if it looks harmless with weans running on to some to others it looks ridiculous.
Did we not try to get a fine paid by some Scum who ran on to the pitch and tried to tie himself to the Goalpost when we played an Israeli team years back, if my memory serves me right. The ultimate sanction is one, those that run on the pitch fine them two, five year ban on STs, as for the Club, like others I agree a Statement with punitive action on the parents.

The problem is more that older dafties take it as a sign to jump on. Was an teenager or older at the end. Was the same at livingston. Before you know it will be adults doing it as well. Can't really moan when there is no interaction between players and the crowd.

One of the “parents” was on here defending it a few weeks ago. Seeing a bairn in the stand getting handed a shirt by a player is amazing. Kids being encouraged, regardless of the denials by the parent, to run on to the pitch and hassle players for shirts etc is cringeworthy as f*uck.
The parent should be banned and any fiend imposed on the club should be passed on.

It’s selfish, entitled and unwelcome at Ibrox.

The sense if entitlement these kids have is unbelievable. What makes them think they can get what they want just by asking for it. It is nothing short of begging. Those who ask don’t deserve it imo. Shirts should be gifted by players if their own free will to those they deem deserving of it.
Agreed.

Every top from that match could have been raffled for a Rangers charity, they would have made a fortune!

The dad of the wee guy who got turned back is having a rant on FB saying it’s a disgrace the steward didn’t allow it :oops::rolleyes:

The sense of entitlement in this prick is off the scale. Thinks he's hard done by because others got a top and his feral offspring didn't. Even pestering the club and players online about it because he thinks he's suffered an injustice!

He'll be there at the next game, camera in hand, telling his son to run on the pitch again.

Obviously it's the stuff of dreams for a wee guy to get one of the Rangers players jerseys
But seriously it needs nipped in the bud and a wee statement from the club
It will just grow and grow and more kids will be pushed forward by their parents until there is an embarrassing incident involving stewards and fans

Maybe a raffle for kids only for players jerseys or something ,but this really needs to stop

The only upside to this fad is that there will be so many match worn tops in circulation, they'll be worthless. Be a right laugh when some lady's front bottom attempts to punt one and the winning bid is about £3.89.

Worst I seen was at FT outside the Copland. Some guy struggling to hold himself up, pissing against the stadium with his jeans at his knees. Disgusting and disgraceful really, hopefully the police got to him.

It's the annoying thing about Euro nights.
Not a real fan.

Treating our stadium like that is fucking disgraceful.

private image hosting
Pretty sure the guy is a troll if he thinks the club can be fined for fans behaviour outside Ibrox

When I imagine the parents who send their kids on to the pitch for tops, this guy is exactly the type that comes to mind. More than likely he'd have flung the shirt straight on eBay. These people are nothing but graspers.

The club now need to say at the start of the game “ any people entering the pitch will be handed over to the police , and no shirts will be given from the players”

It is getting embarrassing now and as you say will cost us money soon from UEFA.
Yes let's hand over our bairns to the police for wanting a momento.ffs

As a compromise, why don’t the club issue raffle tickets where one kid can win a player’s top each week. There could be an official presentation the following home game for each winner. The raffle tickets don’t have to be bought, just issued to kids under a certain age who enter the ground. If the club decide to charge a small fee for a ticket then that’s their decision.

Anyone coming onto the pitch should be removed from the stadium and banned. If it's a kid that does it then the accompanying adult should be removed and banned as well.

The dad of the wee guy who got turned back is having a rant on FB saying it’s a disgrace the steward didn’t allow it :oops::rolleyes:

That Facebook group is cringe as %^*&. Wtf is this? :eek:

CD307017-3866-4792-B5-AA-359-CE060-F817.png

How about bans for everyone who was standing last night too?Plenty of wee ones would be struggling to see.And elderly people.Also why stand at Celtic games?I refuse to acknowledge them as a bigger game than any other.I go to see the Rangers.
Who do you ban?
I stood because 50, 000 others were standing too.

I did sit down at every Dortmund corner though as my nerves were shredded.

Faced with an exquisite female arse two inches from my nose it wasn't the most unpleasant experience. Part of me was wanting Greegs to knock pass backs out for a corner.

I agree
The club should issue a statement

I cant stand this bit of cardboard can i have your top shite.

And the run ons have quickly risen from 1 to 5 in the one match

Needs to stop NOW
Wee self entitled fandans with irresponsible parents
There was a tannoy announcement prior to the match on Thursday asking fans not to go on the pitch I’m sure.

Back