Player of the tournament so far.....

I said on another thread Coutinho was going to have a great tournement.

He hasnt disappointed.

In a less than impressive Brazil team I have enjoyed watching Thiago Silva. He has strolled through both games.
Maybe I am just getting older but the standard of football so far has been rotten.

Coutinho will win player of the tournament for me and was like 50/1 on William Hill and I know hindsight is a great thing but I really fancied him.

People will say Ronaldo because he’s the top scorer, but he’s not actually done a lot more than score those four goals.

Modric for me.

Harry Kane. Played one, scored 2 with Panama to come.......

I'v a feeling they will turn it on next game. The thrèe behind Lord Harry will probably be Cheek, Rashford and Lingard.
Reckon they've goals in them and they will be pushing to be first picks in front of Sterling and Ali.

Prob get beat 1.0 now:D

Berhami from Switzerland.
Exactly what we needed last season. No nonsense midfielder. Never fazed by the Brazilians.

To be fair, the amount of names thrown out on this thread shows there is no real stand out.

Russia have played way above their normal level in both games so far.

Makes me think they're roided out their nut on PED's.

After 2 games it's got to be Ronaldo no question. A superb performance against Spain including a hat trick, then the match winner against Morocco, where admittedly he had a poor game but still came up with the goods and secured 3 points for his country.

No votes for Messi yet?

bml.gif

It's a funny thing but when he was a Spurs player I never thought for a minute he was RM class. Now I think he's up there with Iniesta.

Yeah, I think it's due to his position that he goes largely unnoticed with doing the simple things brilliantly

People will say Ronaldo because he’s the top scorer, but he’s not actually done a lot more than score those four goals.

Modric for me.

See you, Ronaldo, aw ye dae is score goals :D

Know what you mean, though, Omegaman

Other than Ronaldo I'd say Modric - he's been absolutely superb. A brilliant player but he's truly standing out for his country in this competition.

Ronaldo done practically nothing against Iran so based over the two games so far I'd probably say Isco or Modric. Still early days right enough. Lukaku's had a couple of nice finishes.

Ronaldo done practically nothing against Iran so based over the two games so far I'd probably say Isco or Modric. Still early days right enough. Lukaku's had a couple of nice finishes.

Practically nothing except win his country 3 points.

Modric. He is the epitome of a modern day midfielder. Can go back, forward, control games, score goals and create chances.

Practically nothing except win his country 3 points.

So is player of the tournament the guy who scores most goals? I don't think he done anything against Iran that would merit him getting praise for his performance.

After watching Belgium today one of their players could be up there.

Neymar has been poor, but it looks like he is not match fit yet after his injury. Ronaldo is the obvious one, but other stand outs for me are Modric, Perisic and outside of the box one, wee Cuevas who plays number eight for Peru. Cracking wee player
The boy khazri from Tunisia is also a wee handful.

He looks like Roberto carlos's twin.

Back