Poll: Sakala or Cantwell vs them

Cantwell or Sakala vs them…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jc01

Official Ticketer
Sakala or Cantwell against them and why?

Edit: This is if Tillman is fit to play if he’s not I’d start both

Last edited:
Might be misremembering (cause drunk) but seemed like Sakala was the only one driving us up the park in the first half of the new year game
Same mate hahaha, just curious what others think happy with what Cantwell has done so far but Sakala was brilliant against them

Both. Cantwell was excellent against Livi covering every blade of grass at one point he was covering for Tav.
Sakala has to start as he's the only striker/forward we have with pace and pace kills them.

Why not both?
Exactly. I'm guessing that the OP is starting Tillman if he is available, so one has to drop out. I'd start the same 11 as the weekend and hopefully have Tillman, Lundstram, Jack and Arfield back on the bench along with Roofe and Colak. And even with all his faults, Fashion was probably our best player the last time we played them.

Exactly. I'm guessing that the OP is starting Tillman if he is available, so one has to drop out. I'd start the same 11 as the weekend and hopefully have Tillman, Lundstram, Jack and Arfield back on the bench along with Roofe and Colak. And even with all his faults, Fashion was probably our best player the last time we played them.
After his performance against livi id like to see Roofe feature in the game, I know it’s livi n that but he looked good

Fashion tears them apart, he's got to be in from the off. Cantwell starts in place of Tillman if the latter doesn't make it, otherwise he's a great option off the bench.

Difficult one .
Sakala played well against them the last time , but when he has an off day , he really has an off day .
However , him having experienced it all I would start with him , and let Cantwell get used to the atmosphere before bringing him on later .

If Tillman is fit, I would play Cantwell over Sakala wide right. I get that Sakala offers moments of magic, but the number of turnovers he creates are potentially lethal against a team that breaks quickly and can finish.

I also think Sakala is a very useful weapon to have on the bench is we need to chase the game later.

Sakala’a pace and running always causes them big problems. He’ll have a field day on a big pitch like Hampden

Same mate hahaha, just curious what others think happy with what Cantwell has done so far but Sakala was brilliant against them
Didn’t Juranovic not just have a shocker that day once he replaced jump the dyke? Sakala was causing issues with his pace and being direct but he’s not a baller like Cantwell.

I’ve seen Sakala have one good game against THEM (appreciate he scored at the piggery Apr22 but he wasn’t exactly playing great that day and by all accounts should have won us the game) so for me it’s not enough to pin our cup hopes on him from the start. I would bring Sakala on to cause them issues post 60min mark.

The big doubt is whether Cantwell can handle the pace and physicality of the game, that is the conundrum for me certainly.

Didn’t Juranovic not just have a shocker that day once he replaced jump the dyke? Sakala was causing issues with his pace and being direct but he’s not a baller like Cantwell.

I’ve seen Sakala have one good game against THEM (appreciate he scored at the piggery Apr22 but he wasn’t exactly playing great that day and by all accounts should have won us the game) so for me it’s not enough to pin our cup hopes on him from the start. I would bring Sakala on to cause them issues post 60min mark.

The big doubt is whether Cantwell can handle the pace and physicality of the game, that is the conundrum for me certainly.

If Cantwell plays, tten physicality won't be an issue, as we're playing the least physical team in our league.

I've went Cantwell as I think his movement is class but it's harsh on Sakala, torn, but Cantwell edges it.

Cantwell once fully fit and match sharp is an infinitely better player than Sakala. For this particular match I would start with Sakala as they couldn't handle him at Ibrox.

Tillman if fit plays behind, Sakala, Kent and Alfie.

Appreciate what you are saying but carter Vickers is physical, as is McGregor usually during old firm games if BBJ isn’t around.

Carter Vickers certainly has a bit of physicality about him, as most central defenders do, although Goldson is a far more physically imposing player.

Never seen McGregor as a physical player, but certainly a good midfielder who shifts the ball quickly.

You can guarantee that if Sakala plays, he will cause the respective defender(s) major problems.
He'll lose a few daft balls, hit a few poor crosses, blaze some wild shots over ...
But he'll also run past and through them.
He'll go directly for goal (one of the very few in our squad who does so).

And he WILL draw real fouls from them.

What I do not want to see is this hapenning, with Sakala having the best of it, and then him not getting the ball for long spells in the game.
We have a major problem with seeing things that work for us during a game, and then deciding not to keep doing them.

If Sakala plays, get the ball for him to run onto.
Give him the ball to try and run into their box.
Let him have as many shots as he wants.

He's not the greatest player we've ever had.
But he's one of the best for this particular upcoming game.

Sakala deserves it on the back of previous performances against them, however think Cantwell could also shine against a team that won’t be a 10 man defence.

Sakala for me - the one thing every defender hates playing against is pace, and wee Smiley's got it in bucketloads!

Provided Tillman's fit my front 4 would be Kent, Tillman, Sakala just behind Alfie up top. Cantwell looks like he'll be class for us but i think he needs a bit more time to fully hit his stride.

Convinced Cantwell will be an influential player for us in a fairly short time. I like the way he goes about things and he doesn’t seem short of confidence. And let’s be honest, we’ve criticised guys for lacking swagger in the recent past.

But aye, let’s release Fashion on Sunday. As other posters have said, he could potentially run riot against that defence. We’ve got to get into them from the first whistle. And that’s not a “heids doon get intae them” view, I honestly think they’re eminently vulnerable to attacking opponents. And we’ve got the means to do it.

Sakala should be a definite against them. He’s got a good record against them, he’s been in great form since Beale came in, and his pace will very much be required to drive at them and force errors out their back line.

Playing against them suits Sakala. Plenty of room in behind their high line.

Cantwell had shown a few glimpses that he would also cause them problems.

Assuming we have a fully fit squad it's a refreshing problem of who to leave out.

Cantwell for me. A far superior player.
Fashion as an impact sub to run them ragged in the last 20, and possibly into et.

Back