Poll: Sakala or Cantwell vs them

Cantwell or Sakala vs them…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cantwell has that ability to unlock defences with quality forward passes, Sakala has the pace to get behind them and cause bother, just hope he refreshes himself on the offside rule before the game.

I wouldn't be shocked if he has Cantwell back one with Raskin if Lundstram doesn't make it.

He's played that role before and he's not afraid of hard work.

Sakala has the ability to frustrate both teams equally. He is wild enough to cause them problems as he has before. He also has something about him that frustrates us also
I would be starting him for sure

Sakala is a must, he ragdolls them and has a bit of the Novo about him. I think he loves these games.

Cantwell for me although I would prefer both. GVB took a real dislike to Sakala and we lost him for the best part of a season. He seems to relish the games v Celtic where others disappear.

Sakala runs at them, they hate it. You can guess where my vote went then B-D

But as said earlier, why not both?

I'm in a minority as I wouldn't start either of them.

Tillman, Roofe, Kent and Morelos would be my front 4.

Carter Vickers certainly has a bit of physicality about him, as most central defenders do, although Goldson is a far more physically imposing player.

Never seen McGregor as a physical player, but certainly a good midfielder who shifts the ball quickly.
Na McGregor is just a dirty kunt.

All pish, it's at Hampden

If it was at Ibrox, I'd play Cantwell. Run the risk at Parkhead of the atmosphere getting to a new player.

Even more of a risk if more than one debutant (assuming Raskin starting). Can carry one, probably not two if the worst comes to the worst

Last edited:
If it was at Ibrox, I'd play Cantwell. Run the risk at Parkhead of the atmosphere getting to a new player.

Even more of a risk if more than one debutant (assuming Raskin starting). Can carry one, probably not two if the worst comes to the worst
It's at the shitty national stadium mate.

We’ve been playing a 4-2-3-1 since Beale arrived I do not see that changing
The back 4 picks itself, the 2 has to be Raskin and Kamara
I suspect Lundstram and Jack are getting their fitness back but they are not there yet.
The 1 upfront is Alfie
The 3 behind him will include Kent and Tillman if he’s fit.
I’d go for Cantwell to make up the 3.
This would mean a lot of good football intelligence out there.
Sakala can be brought on if we need him.
The impact he can make in the last 30 minutes is significant

Sakala starts for me. I like most of what I've seen from Cantwell so far, but just worried about him in the pace of the game.

The obvious answer is Sakala if it comes to a choice between the 2.

Cantwell is a better player in a lot of ways sure but for this game Sakala's direct threat is a no brainer.

Sakala without a doubt. We need as much experience and pace as we can in this game. Roofe, if fit, will give them serious problems.
Play our game, don’t take any shit.

Sakala has caused them all sorts of issues the last few times against them. He needs to start for me.

Sakalas pace will worry them. They press high up Sakala will have a field day in behind....if he can stay onside that is...

We’ve been playing a 4-2-3-1 since Beale arrived I do not see that changing
The back 4 picks itself, the 2 has to be Raskin and Kamara
I suspect Lundstram and Jack are getting their fitness back but they are not there yet.
The 1 upfront is Alfie
The 3 behind him will include Kent and Tillman if he’s fit.
I’d go for Cantwell to make up the 3.
This would mean a lot of good football intelligence out there.
Sakala can be brought on if we need him.
The impact he can make in the last 30 minutes is significant
Kamara has had to get hooked at half time in both of his last 2 starts against them. Lundstram or Jack should be next to Raskin

Sakala for me and Cantwell to play if Tillman is not fit. Roofe may come in and trump both though, although that would be a big risk.

This game will not be about physicality it will be about desire. Whoever wants it more will win the game.

Sakala has gone flat the past couple of games, might be time to come on as sub?
True, but I just think his pace and unpredictability against their full backs and defence means they need to more vigilant and can’t be as gung-ho as they normally are. Attack being the best form of defence for us in that respect. Additionally, against them he generally has some sort of goal contribution/assist and draws fouls because of his pace. I honestly feel they don’t know how to handle him.

Sakala should start on the right , Cantwell could make the team if Tillman or Lundstram doesn't make it

With the way the filth set up, Sakala has the pace to get in behind them, so if not both, it’s Sakala for me.

Sakala has gone flat the past couple of games, might be time to come on as sub?

He was outstanding at Tynecastle, against a team that tried to attack us, just as celtic will.

He is far less effective when teams defend deep and he has no space to run in behind.

Let's not forget that Cantwell never even started against Hearts and was hooked at half time against Thistle.

Sakala should start on the right , Cantwell could make the team if Tillman or Lundstram doesn't make it

I'd definitely start Cantwell, if Tillman doesn't make it, but no chance Cantwell could play the deeper, defensive role of Lundstram.

That would leave us wide open to their quick counter attacks.

If Tillman isn’t fit I’d guess Cantwell will play central attacking and Sakala out right and have a lot of interchanging up front.

I think both could feasibly play depending on the fitness of Tillman, but if I had to choose between them, I'd start Sakala. I don't think Cantwell is fully match sharp yet.

Back