Possibly 8th signing by end of the week

Very courageous of you captain.
He said a defender on a permanent deal so I’m wondering if it’s a left sided player that can play LB and CB. Anyone out their fit that description ?

Salvatore Bocchetti fits that description and he's a free agent. I just wonder if Gerrard had him watched when we played Spartak Moscow last season.

Bocchetti has been described as a versatile, left-footed defender who is also capable of being deployed as a left back. He is known for his strength, pace, and anticipation, as well for his reliable technical ability.

Last edited:
Salvatore Bocchetti fits that description and he's a free agent. I just wonder if Gerrard had him watched when we player Spartak Moscow last season.

Bocchetti has been described as a versatile, left-footed defender who is also capable of being deployed as a left back. He is known for his strength, pace, and anticipation, as well for his reliable technical ability.
Going to Italy I'm sure.

There is money there for a good CB allegedly.

So if it is a out of contract player then it could be one of pedigree.

I would imagine they will be left footed or at least able to play on the left side of the centre of defence.

Senderos was terrible.

I genuinely didn’t think I could hate a player as much as I do Senderos despite him only making a grand total of 4 appearances.

The best part is that from memory he strung us along all that summer and clearly settled for us as he wasn’t getting better elsewhere, and Warburton was fine with that!

Mental when you think back in hindsight.

There is money there for a good CB allegedly.

So if it is a out of contract player then it could be one of pedigree.

I would imagine they will be left footed or at least able to play on the left side of the centre of defence.

Gary Cahill is right footed but has played left sided centre back. He's also played right and left side of a back three.

Not that it will be him.

I genuinely didn’t think I could hate a player as much as I do Senderos despite him only making a grand total of 4 appearances.

The best part is that from memory he strung us along all that summer and clearly settled for us as he wasn’t getting better elsewhere, and Warburton was fine with that!

A terrible signing. I was at the San Giro.

He did not string us along all summer. The guy was on trial for two weeks before signing on the final day of the window. He was the back up option if all else failed and unfortunately all else did fail. That summer we missed out on Lescott, Mariappa and others.

Skrtel and Cahill.

I think its going to be Skrtel, which I’m fine with despite the negativity (which is weird considering his career and the fact he played at a high level last season, and they tried to get him to sign a new deal) but I’d be amazed and delighted if Gerrard managed to talk Cahill into coming here.

Sorry Tags I will take the opinion of someone who has watched him regularly the last 2 seasons. Nady says he has been very poor the last couple of seasons watching Turkish football.

Anyone pay attention to lad Jimmy McCann on twitter, he’s adamant club are bluffing and it’s Deli that’s signing

Deli was strong chat last night, obviously denied now officially

The boy McCann is very good on loads of stuff on twitter

I think he's a fake 'ITK' account personally. All he's got right from Rangers so far were Ojo & Aribo signing weeks after it was common knowledge on here.

Also seen him get plenty wrong but he retweets/pins the ones he gets right.

Anyone pay attention to lad Jimmy McCann on twitter, he’s adamant club are bluffing and it’s Deli that’s signing

Deli was strong chat last night, obviously denied now officially

The boy McCann is very good on loads of stuff on twitter
You are a bad man :D

Was the other way about. Mind he was training with us and we tried for lescott and mariappa then when we didn't get them we went back for senderos. Even still though I agree he was a diabolical signing we should never have went near him

No quotes from SG on the Deli thing being shite

Just a random sentence from the journalist

Could be a bluff who knows

He did not string us along all summer. The guy was on trial for two weeks before signing on the final day of the window. He was the back up option if all else failed and unfortunately all else did fail. That summer we missed out on Lescott, Mariappa and others.

Was the other way about. Mind he was training with us and we tried for lescott and mariappa then when we didn't get them we went back for senderos. Even still though I agree he was a diabolical signing we should never have went near him

Thanks chaps, memory fail on my part clearly. I do remember there being what seemed at the time an age from him first training with us to actually signing (surprised it was only a couple of weeks), albeit that was presumably on us rather than him like you say.

And I had forgotten all about Lescott, even I wasn’t on the hype train enough to think that was a good idea.

true enough. I think I'm just suffering from PTSD from last season's decision to ditch Katic for Worrall. I'd rather we signed no-one than sign another Worrall to replace Katic.

Could have been various reasons Katic was dropped, The management team had their reasons.

The Asda smartprice version of Koulibaly please.

xkalidou-koulibaly-300-300.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.ctT6ODT0Yq.jpg

BIG UNITS.
When did big Man Tyrone sign for Napoli??

On one hand I love the fact that no lady's front bottom has a clue. Club being very quiet . On the other hand I’m a impatient bear so can they hurry up and tell us who

Saw that. Looks like he’s off to Brugge. Who’s next on the ‘guess who it might be’ list?

Does that pic prove anything? No way of identifying it’s brugge. Ok it’s clearly not Glasgow but he could be somewhere on way here. Not saying it isn’t Brugge but don’t see how the pic proves it either way

Back