Potential Euro opponents

Ideally we would want Vittorul Constanta to win the Romanian Cup on the 25th as it gives us a better chance of being seeded.

Cheers. Why do they split possible opponents in to groups then?

Why is it not just a draw with all seeded v unseeded in the hat?

It's done for quickness

By making up groups they then allocate numbers 1-5 seeded 6-10 unseeded - 1-6 & 7-12 for groups of 12

so say either 3 v 7 or 7 v 3 when they pull out the balls

Eapanyol would be a easy enough one to get to , right beside El Prat airport just outside Barcelona.

Are we in the second round of Celtic win on Saturday?
Also Hearts winning would be good for us in another way as it means that a team with a higher seeding (Aberdeen) will be replaced with a team with a lower seeding (Hearts).

So it's all upsides if Hearts win.

QR1 Honved and Slovan Bratislava
QR2 Wolves Frankfurt Espanyol

Any permutation of those two from the first two rounds would be worst case scenario.

QR1 Honved and Slovan Bratislava
QR2 Wolves Frankfurt Espanyol

Any permutation of those two from the first two rounds would be worst case scenario.
Slovan Bratislava will be CL qualifying so we can't get them.

No idea how good DAC Dunajska Streda are but Bratislava won the league at a canter.

UEFA state there no regionalised sections but sometimes they do work out that way.

They say its not regionalised but have you ever seen Russian/Ukranian & Albanian/Serbian teams in the same groups for qualifying? :D They know what the score is..

They say its not regionalised but have you ever seen Russian/Ukranian & Albanian/Serbian teams in the same groups for qualifying? :D They know what the score is..

Of course they do they ensure no political issues arise from any current situation

Always wanted revenge on Feyenoord after 2002. So hope we get them.

There’s some absolute diddies in amongst that lot. In fact there’s a maximum of three teams I think we’d struggle against.

Bring it on.

That second round seedings pot is a worry

Need to sneak in at bottom of that

Aberdeen are above us too.

Can only afford 3 out of 6 from

Aberdeen
Bulgarian league
Israel League
Romania League
Slovenia Cup
Romania Cup

To go higher ranked teams.

I’ve not bothered my backside to check the teams in question.

Aberdeen
Bulgarian league
Israel League
Romania League
Slovenia Cup
Romania Cup

I've checked two of them.

We want Vittorul to win the Romanian cup and Ludogrets the Bulgarian league.

Ludogrets are one point clear with two games left.

I remember this time this year watching the final game of the Lux season on livescore to confirm us bottom seed in Q1 :))

Aberdeen
Bulgarian league
Israel League
Romania League
Slovenia Cup
Romania Cup

Hapoel Beer Sheva have a higher coefficent, they’re about to finish 2nd & get a Europa spot.

I'll take another little trip round the Balkans for the qualifiers like last season. All games were almost on my doorstep ;)

Aberdeen
Bulgarian league
Israel League
Romania League
Slovenia Cup
Romania Cup

Also all the Slovenian teams have been decided and all of them who qualified for Europa League are lower ranked than us so that's a big plus.

Looks like there are 8 undecided spots in round 2 right now (presuming that the seeded teams all win who are confirmed in round one) - think we have a decent chance of actually being seeded,
There are four. The four above us in Bert kassies listings are undecided but both teams have higher coefficients than us so there are only four left for us to fight for .

As posted above, there are currently six teams with higher coefficients than us, also fighting for those four spots.we need three of them to lose out, out of the following. We need a Hearts win to take care of one of them, Ludogorets to win the Bulgarian league, Viitorul to win the Romanian cup, in Slovakia, I’m not sure why he has that listed as possibly being a team with 18.5 ( that’s Maribor and they have already qualified for the CL side) so not sure what’s going on with that spot, in Israel, we need Maccabi Haifa and Maccabi Netanyahu to overtake Beita in the league and in Romania it looks like FCSB take one of the spots. If I’ve interpreted this all right.

It doesn’t look very good for us.

after that mate, I need to lie down in a dark room..head done in...;)

There are four. The four above us in Bert kassies listings are undecided but both teams have higher coefficients than us so there are only four left for us to fight for .

As posted above, there are currently six teams with higher coefficients than us, also fighting for those four spots.we need three of them to lose out, out of the following. We need a Hearts win to take care of one of them, Ludogorets to win the Bulgarian league, Viitorul to win the Romanian cup, in Slovakia, I’m not sure why he has that listed as possibly being a team with 18.5 ( that’s Maribor and they have already qualified for the CL side) so not sure what’s going on with that spot, in Israel, we need Maccabi Haifa and Maccabi Netanyahu to overtake Beita in the league and in Romania it looks like FCSB take one of the spots. If I’ve interpreted this all right.

Also all the Slovenian teams have been decided and all of them who qualified for Europa League are lower ranked than us so that's a big plus.

Yes. That’s wrong on Berts site. Maribor have won the league. So its now 3 from 5 only that can go against us.

Really likely we end up with Aberdeen getting last seed. Horrible.

So three of them to lose out means:

The Slovenian team (already confirmed as only Maribor have a higher seed and are in the CL)
The Bulgarian team (Happens if Ludogrets win the league)
The Romanian team (Happens if Vittorul win the cup)

So looks like we need both of those things to happen or Hearts win the cup + one of the two.

Last edited:
FCSB now confirmed seeded.

Three spots left open to us and
Aberdeen can take one if Hearts don’t win the cup.
Astra can take one if they win the Romanian cup
Ludodorets can take one if they don’t win the Bulgarian league
Hapoel Beer Sheva can take one if they finish second or third in the league
The Slovenia deal, only Maribor out of the contenders has a higher seed and they will be in the CL, so that’s a non event. Not sure why that is listed.

So, Ludogorets winning the league and Hearts, Viitorul, or both M.Haifa and M.Netanya finishing ahead of Beer Sheva will open up that spot.

The wild card outside of that is Mostar have the same coefficient as us. Bert has us sitting above them so maybe the tie breaker there is country seeding.

Last edited:
er no we don't
First time clicking on this thread,what was Gary McAllister talking about the other day when he said he hoped celtic win as we would get an extra two weeks break?
I am assuming he was given the wrong info?
(Not that I would want them to win anyway)

First time clicking on this thread,what was Gary McAllister talking about the other day when he said he hoped celtic win as we would get an extra two weeks break?

Good point. Think he has wrong info.

Edit. He might know more than us

Scottish Cup winner is next to shuffle up into Q2 on this (Celtic winning cup makes us take CW place)

No idea what the trigger would be

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/AccessList2019.html

FCSB now confirmed seeded.

Three spots left open to us and
Aberdeen can take one if Hearts don’t win the cup.
Astra can take one if they win the Romanian cup
Hapoel Beer Sheva can take one if they finish second or third in the league
The Slovenia deal, only Maribor out of the contenders has a higher seed and they will be in the CL, so that’s a non event. Not sure why that is listed.

So, Hearts, Viitorul or both M.Haifa and M.Netanya finishing ahead of Beer Sheva will open up that spot.

The wild card outside of that is Mostar have the same coefficient as us. Bert has us sitting above them so maybe the tie breaker there is country seeding.
Sounds unlikely we're going to be seeded for the 2nd round then.

Good point. Think he has wrong info.

Edit. He might know more than us

Scottish Cup winner is next to shuffle up into Q2 on this (Celtic winning cup makes us take CW place)

No idea what the trigger would be

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/AccessList2019.html

Whatever information Gary McAllister was told is wrong we start in QR1 regardless

Serbian Cup Winners have went from QR1 to QR2 and that is the last country to benefit from any movement at our level

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/qual2019.html
The Europa League title holder (Chelsea or Arsenal) already qualified for European football by the domestic league. Two scenarios are still possible, but it is now certain that there will be an open spot in the access list for EL-Q3. This implies that the cup winner of the 18th country on the ranking list (Israel) has direct access to the 3rd qualifying round, and the cup winner of the 25th country on the ranking list (Serbia) has direct access to the 2nd qualifying round, and the cup winners of the 50th and 51th countries on the ranking list (Wales, Connah's Quay and Faroe Islands, B36 Torshavn) have direct access to the 1st qualifying round of the Europa League.

Last edited:
Back