Pre match build up needs revamped

Our board don't care.

They don't get the whole fan culture thing.

They are happy with a 'pay your money and sit down and shut up' approach.

They have made absolutely no attempt to improve things on matchdays.

The "matchday experience" at Ibrox is awful and it will never get better under the current regime.

Hopefully we can get some fresh blood into the club who can see the situation for what it is and they take some much needed action.
The cynic in me would say the pre match entertainment is designed to keep us subdued.

Can we not have the guy who announces the team shout out the first name and then the fans shout out the player’s second name. Like “Alfredo...Morelos!”. Happens all the time in Germany and other countries instead of this “In goals number 1 Allan McGregor”.

I've been saying this for a long time. Small subtle changes can make a big difference. Same with after a goal scored. They do first name we do surname. It wouldn't take long to catch on and I always thought it sounds good in grounds you hear it.

I know a lot of people sh^t on the Chinese NY half time display but I thought it was ok, something different and atleast the was playing Rangers Tune on the drum.

Music like Roy Orbison is straight out of a retirement home.

Also why don't we have stuff like pop up banners with pictures of players in their kit scattered around the ground or even a stick your head into a picture of the squad for kids and parents to take pictures with. These are cheap options to make it look a little more appealing.

It's laziness.

The club need to go out to the states to see how atmosphere is created at events like basketball. They have cameras in the crowd, a club official doing interviews with people in the crowd and silly things like guns firing out team shirts and balls etc into the crowd . Scottish football in general does nothing to create a good atmosphere for the fans . We are treated like muck while paying top dollar

It surely can’t be that difficult for rangers tv / media department to have a 2 min compilation for every ex player they invite back to do the half time draw and for it to be played on big screens before he comes out?

There is probably a large number of people at Ibrox last night who had never seen Graham Roberts play for us, they should be shown / history kept alive

Also as I’ve said before , terrible music selection, seems to be picked by some old rocker, ac/dc every bloody week

It surely can’t be that difficult for rangers tv / media department to have a 2 min compilation for every ex player they invite back to do the half time draw and for it to be played on big screens before he comes out?

There is probably a large number of people at Ibrox last night who had never seen Graham Roberts play for us, they should be shown / history kept alive

Also as I’ve said before , terrible music selection, seems to be picked by some old rocker, ac/dc every bloody week

They did do that - showing goals for the players doing the draw. Assume that has stopped again?

The club need to go out to the states to see how atmosphere is created at events like basketball. They have cameras in the crowd, a club official doing interviews with people in the crowd and silly things like guns firing out team shirts and balls etc into the crowd . Scottish football in general does nothing to create a good atmosphere for the fans . We are treated like muck while paying top dollar

This, in a nutshell. Football fans in Scotland are treated like an inconvenience.

we need to use the screens more - a behind the scenes camera showing the players gathering in the tunnel and then starting to walk out would get everybody fired up

You lot make me weep, its Ibrox not furgin Las Vegas. Do we need a bloody song and dance routine to get us going ? How about a game show at half time ? My Ibrox experience is phuckin other teams. Get a grip

[/QUOT
Firing out team shirts from a gun? Ha ha and we could have a clown with big feet and a car that the doors fall off

The board don't want to encourage 'atmosphere' as this will lead to more exposure.

Rangers as a business do not want the element of our support who persist singing about 19th Century Terrorists and catholics given a platform and the fines / suspensions they bring.

They play their sponsors at halftime full blast on the pa and tv but you can hardly hear the pre match songs. Its dead flat. We need a better playlist too. Follow follow and the likes should be getting blasted out but i think as an earlier poster says they dont want any unwanted songs getting sung. A shame as it could be so much better without needing to do much.

Theres no reason whatsoever to turn up ages before kick off unless you have hospitality.

It's similar in most grounds though.

No bevvy either. Shite food etc

Never will I want to see the likes of Ibrox being Americanised. Can easily change it towards a more European style by the announcer shouting out a player’s first name and the crowd shouts their last name.

It’s far better than the cringey statement “Let’s get Ibrox rocking” followed by a run through of the team and clapping.

I can’t believe half of what I’m reading on this thread?! The board are doing everything they can to build a team to compete with a team that spend double what we do on their playing squad... yet here we are moaning about the pre match music and a few guys waving flags before the gameZzzzz

mental, I’m in my early 40’s and it was Hue and cry and feckin brother beyond that was played at Ibrox in the late 80’s...it didn’t stop us producing some of the best atmospheres ever heard at the ground... people need to stop behaving like spilt brats and remember what this board have done to get us back to where we need to be... no amount spent on prematch or half time entertainment will make the slightest bit of difference to the miserable bar stewards that sit and moan their way through almost every game these days... all before they feck off around 75 minutes...

I recently went to the NFL game at Wembley, that is how to make a show. I found the entertainment between the plays more enjoyable to watch than the actual game itself. In fact it starts before you even get in the ground.

Stages outside with music, bands, give aways , interviews with fans, Inflatables etc.

Inside Wembley was immense. Atmosphere at times was electric. American football can be dull to watch but they really do know how to get the crowd going.

Was it too 'artificial' ? To the older generation , probably. I found it refreshing to be honest to be treated as a customer first, supporter second.

The awesome Ibrox environment our players feed on and opposition fear, needs to be more consistent. Our squad seems to blow hot and cold depending on the occasion (tactical 180’s for an old firm aside) with a bit of a catch 22 of players needing something from the support, support needing something from the players. For me, the club needs to be asking itself “what more can we do to create the spark?”

If the club would put a bit more though into the lead up to kick off, we could build momentum for both and I think it would have a significant difference.
You think about some of the intimidating environments that we’ve played in and how even mediocre sides have played out their skin with a loud and committed crowd behind them.

Some high intensity media and music to get the blood pumping and fans on their feet, before kick off. STB and PA are fine but they are not intimidating in the slightest.
We need something different. Something that jacks the support up to MAX and has the players physically feeling it as they walk out.
In all honesty, value for money isn't there with the home games, atmosphere (UB aside) is guff, there is no real form of entertainment pre game or at HT.
Were it not for our loyalty, how many folk would rather watch at home on the couch, probably quite a lot.

I don't think the staged chants that are popular in the likes of Poland, Germany etc are as effective - they aren't reactive to a game, almost pre-planned.

Its a tough one, what could the club do to make it more entertaining? Its not an easy fix.

Can we not have the guy who announces the team shout out the first name and then the fans shout out the player’s second name. Like “Alfredo...Morelos!”. Happens all the time in Germany and other countries instead of this “In goals number 1 Allan McGregor”.

Meh, the great unwashed do it, its not a good sound lol.
Different with the likes of Napoli - they are hardcore, but our fans cant even be bothered to clap lol

1. Club aren't interested
2. Insofar as they show ANY interest it is to stop us being 'sectarian'
3. Most fans are spoiled and don't know anything else other than arrive 2.59, up and down, leave after 75 minutes.
4. The PA is deafening and kills any singing pre match
5. Many fans are nervous, and sick and tired....it is a slog these days. We know we have to win something for 1,001 reasons, but getting there from where we were is a slog. Ask most fans and 'excited, thrilled' etc won't be the thought about attending our games. This anxiety DOES lead to silences and an edge.

I recently went to the NFL game at Wembley, that is how to make a show. I found the entertainment between the plays more enjoyable to watch than the actual game itself. In fact it starts before you even get in the ground.

Stages outside with music, bands, give aways , interviews with fans, Inflatables etc.

Inside Wembley was immense. Atmosphere at times was electric. American football can be dull to watch but they really do know how to get the crowd going.

Was it too 'artificial' ? To the older generation , probably. I found it refreshing to be honest to be treated as a customer first, supporter second.

You've preempted my response but that sounds tacky and awful.

The build-up could certainly do with a revamp but I'd rather we steered clear of becoming too Americanised.

No Lady Gagas doing gigs before games, no panning round the crowd to find people desperate for attention.

Reruns of old classics on the big screens, interviews with old players on the pitch (maybe in the style of the Open Goal series rather than predictable, scripted things), 5s games with the young teams etc.

It is dreadful both inside and outside the ground but i sadly can't see it changing.
Its a worry as i have 2 wee lads who are starting to attend games with me. At some point in the near future, they will also be attending anfield with their Liverpool supporting granda.
I worry they'll experience the atmosphere there and come to the conclusion (quite rightly) that Ibrox is pretty grim in comparison and they'll lose interest

Meh, the great unwashed do it, its not a good sound lol.
Different with the likes of Napoli - they are hardcore, but our fans cant even be bothered to clap lol
The support at Ibrox is a disgrace. That's why I'm in the Broomloan Front.

The Copland is a laughing stock as it's considered to be the "Traditional Rangers End". Folk sitting all game and the occasional clap during Every Saturday We Follow.

The backing for the team on Saturday was awful.

In a game of such magnitude and where we were clearly struggling to break them down I was utterly depressed by the lack of atmosphere and support for the team.

The nervousness and tension does nothing to help the players.

Last edited:

The Copland is a laughing stock as it's considered to be the "Traditional Rangers End". Folk sitting all game and the occasional clap during Every Saturday We Follow.
The Copland is a lost cause and has been for over 2 decades.

We simply don't have a traditional "home end".

Sad state of affairs.

We have too many ST holders. It has created a completely sterile atmosphere. The whole ST project has been a failure with regard to having Ibrox as a lively, vibrant atmosphere. It has made people become too cosy and comfortable.

Changed days the copland singing to the enclosure and back,i still have a go after a few refreshments in main stand get some looks but feckm ,theres 2 guys row in front of us come in together leave together dont say a word to each other during game just sit stone faced for full game a light clap if we score then leave very strange...

The Copland is a lost cause and has been for over 2 decades.

We simply don't have a traditional "home end".

Sad state of affairs.

We have too many ST holders. It has created a completely sterile atmosphere. The whole ST project has been a failure with regard to having Ibrox as a lively, vibrant atmosphere. It has made people become too cosy and comfortable.
It's created this whole "This is my seat for x amount of years" it has now prevented young fans being able to congregate in one area of the ground to create an atmosphere. The only way I can be near BF1 is by having a season ticket.

Changed days the copland singing to the enclosure and back,i still have a go after a few refreshments in main stand get some looks but feckm ,theres 2 guys row in front of us come in together leave together dont say a word to each other during game just sit stone faced for full game a light clap if we score then leave very strange...
I don't really like the Main Stand or really elsewhere in the stadium. It seems like you get weird looks when you try to sing.

The backing for the team on Saturday was awful.

In a game of such magnitude and where we were clearly struggling to break them down I was utterly depressed by the lack of atmosphere and support for the team.

The nervousness and tension does nothing to help the players.
It also doesn't help when we're trying to get a late minute winner and we have fans pouring out the stadium when the game's in balance.

Back