Premier Sports / BBC win Scottish Cup rights

They can %^*& right off. Three subscriptions to watch Scottish football is mental. I point blank refuse to pay for another one to watch any football, never mind Scottish Cup games ffs. Is there anybody with a brain working at the SFA these days.

Do Sky/BBC not still hold them?

Means could be soon in a position where league = Sky; league cup = BT; and Scottish = Premier.

You forgot Europe, mate.

League = Sky; League Cup = BT; Scottish Cup = Premier; CL & EL = BT

OR get yourself a VPN and give your hard-earned cash to Rangers (for every game apart from European ones from group stages onwards):
https://rangers.co.uk/tv/subscribe
RangersTV UNLIMITED
or
RangersTV PAY PER VIEW

Idiotic beyond belief - THREE subscriptions now needed to watch Scottish football.

In the end up, they will all lose out. For many fans, it'll be down to a simple choice between three over-priced TV packages, or one cheap subscription to an online streaming site.

Hmmm, now let me see ..................

No one is buying premier sports, it's a tinpot outfit like setanta, no figures means it's clearly a very shite deal.
That’s because it was sentanta bought over by eir sports which is the main telephone/broadband provider over here.
I’ll get the games as they will be shown on eir sports which is part of my eir broadband/tv package

I will be at our games so I won't be subscribing, as I have zero interest in watching anybody else.

This is a great opportunity for Rangers Tv to go to the next level on what is on offer. An app that first of all then match coverage with a studio build up and post match would make people go for the full RTV package without all these split subscriptions. Of course it would only appeal to the masses “on holiday”.

Premier Sport's "high quality broadcasting" good luck with that. Mind you if it means not having to listen to Walker, Crocker and the miserable Abergreen supporter it might be an improvement.

No chance I will subscribe to that and terrible for exposure of Scottish football as fans elsewhere wont pay to watch but might have viewed the games if on Sky or BT.

Idiotic beyond belief - THREE subscriptions now needed to watch Scottish football.

In the end up, they will all lose out. For many fans, it'll be down to a simple choice between three over-priced TV packages, or one cheap subscription to an online streaming site.

Hmmm, now let me see ..................
Or android might be your friend.

Like a lot of others I have the full RTV package.Anyone know for sure if we will still get the qualifying rounds or have Premier Sports bought the exclusive rights now.

The idiots running the game are so out of touch it's unbelievable.

Premier f*cking sports for 6 years and a 3rd subscription for supporters, utter morons.

No chance I will subscribe to that and terrible for exposure of Scottish football as fans elsewhere wont pay to watch but might have viewed the games if on Sky or BT.

Yeah, as soon as you exclude Sky or BT Sports from the table you can forget about any ‘outside viewers’.

This deal reduces the exposure of Scottish football and the Scottish cup and that can’t be a good thing.

And it’s probably a deal with as little as 100k difference between the last contract. The SFA is broke and didn’t even have the money to buy Hampden.

What a failure Iain Maxwell has turned out to be. The guy is a disaster.

To be fair, Premier Sports coverage of Pro 14 has been decent. They cover all games and have decent midweek analysis shows.

Whether they put the same effort into the Scottish Cup who knows.

Surely the day when you can watch every Rangers game on a rangers tv app/streaming service isnt far away.

Even the saturday 3 oclock games that rules outdated imo

Similar to Netflix, BT will become part of your Sky package in 2019 if you want it.

It may not necessarily mean a price increase either.

When I called to incorporate Netflix into my Sky Package last week, overall the deal saved me £27 a month!

sdfgggg.jpg

Another contract lost by sky on top of spanish football and champions league,thank fukk I cancelled them 18 months ago, a shambles of an organisation .

Like a lot of others I have the full RTV package.Anyone know for sure if we will still get the qualifying rounds or have Premier Sports bought the exclusive rights now.
This is the thing that probably needs clarity. I remember the Europa League fiasco causing chaos on here until the official word came through stating RTV couldn't show those games live because of the way the BT agreement had been completed with UEFA. I would hope the SFA allow the clubs to still sell their own games outside the UK, but I wouldn't be surprised if this tournament disappears from RTV live games.

Rangers TV and a VPN is probably cheaper.
This, 100% the way to go. Full monty RTV season ticket subscription, every Gers game live plus a lot more and all money to our club. For those who make it to most games, take single RTV matches @ 5.99 a pop.

A no-brainer if ever there was one. See every game live + support our own club. Keep the blue pound blue.

Other than a big semi or final, does anyone actually care about the cups anymore?

The league was always priority for me, with playing in Europe second, with cups a distant 3rd.

Me I do
To get to a semi final or final you’ve got to win games.
You may not be interested in these ‘wee’ games, however it is the life and blood of our support. I’m sure the majority on here probably got the bug when their parents, uncles, friends took us all along to watch Rangers against smaller clubs.
Rangers participate and try to win everything we enter, as we as a support demand.
The SC and LC has given us some great memories and hopefully good memories for our younger fans starting their journey.
You only need to look back a few weeks when we failed to reach a final, the fallout was massive.
Long live the Cups.

SFA Chasing any extra wee spare quid that might be floating out and not giving a f*ck about fans who may need 3/4 sports packages just to keep up with the football.

Thank f*ck for IPTV.

No chance would I subscribe to a channel that doesn’t work for 50% of a match. The amount of subscriptions to watch games is getting ridiculous now.

We keep reading and hearing that without fans, football is nothing.

Yet here we are again being shat on from a great height, 3 subscriptions to watch all televised games in Scotland is beyond a joke, utterly shambolic.

There is no way on this earth surely, that Premier Sports can make a success of this?
no wonder fold use illegal streams.

No surprise absolute clowns running our game! Rangers tv when not attending the games is the way forward! No chance will I entertain premier sports!

Like someone posted earlier RTV should pounce on this and start a proper studio build up pre game and post game with HT analysis and interviews. Could even get the H&H team in.

Yearly subscription, VPN, money to the club and everyone’s a winner.

Another joke by the sfa, are they trying to kill football here?

As for sky, they seem to have lost the plot. Trying to cover far to many pish sports that nobody watches.

The Scottish FA has today signed a six year broadcast deal with IMG to globally market broadcast rights for the William Hill Scottish Cup. BBC Scotland and Premier Sports will each broadcast a selection of fixtures in the competition, in a move that will see more Scottish Cup matches on free-to-air TV than ever before.

The deal will extend IMG’s relationship with the Scottish FA to over 20 years and includes live coverage from every round as well as gaming, archive and digital clips rights. It will run until the end of season 2023-24.

Find it odd that they're trumpeting a relationship with IMG while as the same time refusing to declare an IMG Vice President and Board Director a "fit and proper" person in regards to the Rangers Board.

Get to fu.ck with your premier sports shite.

Absolutely no one is going too pay for that shit channel. Trying to mug the fans off but instead the SFA have just mugged themselves off. What a disgrace

Back