Premier Sports / BBC win Scottish Cup rights

I’ve saod this before in previous threads - but the future of sport on TV will have to adapt to the Netflix/prime age.

If you look at how music responded to illegal downloads, sport will have to do the same.

I reckon the future will be people being able to pick and choose what sports they want from a ‘menu’ - sky sports have tried it already but in a very ham-fisted and expensive way.

Imagine if you could pay monthly subscription and then get 5 ‘packages’ guaranteed. For example I’d go for all rangers games/CL/Sunday 4pm EPL/NFL/cycling.

A system like that needs an end to the outdated no live games at 3 on a Saturday rule. In many ways it could encourage more games at that time as less would need to be shifted (although that may impact on advertising).

I’ve saod this before in previous threads - but the future of sport on TV will have to adapt to the Netflix/prime age.

If you look at how music responded to illegal downloads, sport will have to do the same.

I reckon the future will be people being able to pick and choose what sports they want from a ‘menu’ - sky sports have tried it already but in a very ham-fisted and expensive way.

Imagine if you could pay monthly subscription and then get 5 ‘packages’ guaranteed. For example I’d go for all rangers games/CL/Sunday 4pm EPL/NFL/cycling.

A system like that needs an end to the outdated no live games at 3 on a Saturday rule. In many ways it could encourage more games at that time as less would need to be shifted (although that may impact on advertising).
I've also been saying similar for ages now, and although I don't think that internet connection quality is quite there yet, it's coming.

We also need ALL games to be available from one subscription. Sick of getting ripped off paying for shit I never watch.

Back