President of the Czech Republic's response

I’ve not seen a Czech person stick up for Kamara. Only deflect, lie or racially abuse him further.
This is the biggest thing for me.

We're being asked on here to believe Czechs aren't all like that, yet to date not one has called out the racism.

Surely if they're not all like that, it should be easy enough to find the ones who are showing the good side of Czech society?

Mate my missus is Czech I go there twice a year and to tarnish a whole nation as racists is beyond stupid.
Who tarnished them as a nation of racists ffs?

I said the majority of Czech people I’ve seen on social media are showing themselves up for what they are. I have read a lot of comments and I haven’t seen one in support of the player being racially abused in his place of work.

look at the comments on this ffs

I worked in the Czech Republic for a while, place called Kutna Hora.

Place was lovely and so were the people, always wanted to go to Prague but f.uck that now.

Wouldn’t spend a fucking penny in that country now.
Been to Prague twice in long weekends. Beautiful place.
Will not be going back!!

Quite right mate. Never read so much nonsence as what I've read on here.

People who love to let anyone know that'll listen, they are tolerant, yet denounce a whole nation. Remember a nation that was stamped under the jackboot of nazism and communism for the best part of a century.

As for going to do them if we get them in europe, here's a clue. You might get hurt as the keyboard won't hel.

Is that when britain and france let them down and signed the Munich agreement? They were ready to fight, but we left them to their fate.

Not forgetting the man they took out at the cost of many chzech lives. You know the one they named the final solution after. One of the most calculated evil nazis out there and if he had got power of germany we might have had a different outcome.

Cheap comment if ever I seen one.
Oh really, they weren't all as heroic and squeaky clean as you portrait them, they had there share of volunteers in the SS and the German regular army.The British and certainly the French had enough problems of their own without helping to defend the Chzecks.

Oh really, they weren't all as heroic and squeaky clean as you portrait them, they had there share of volunteers in the SS and the German regular army.The British and certainly the French had enough problems of their own without helping to defend the Chzecks.
As did the Belgium's, the dutch,the Danish, the norwegians and the french who volunteered for the ss. In fact they tried to get british pow's to fight for the ss, but that fell flat.

As it was chzechoslovakia at the time, the problem was their now neighbours Slovakia, who not only sided with the nazis, but paid them to take their jews away.

The chzech republic like many countries doesnt have a clean record, but they certainly have nothing to be ashamed of, being overrun by Germany and Russia. The same germany that in about 6 weeks conquered belgium, holland, france and kicked our arses back over the english channel.

The difference in attitude in peoples attitude towards Racism here as opposed to in what I thought was a civilised country like the Czech republic is nothing short of incredible - I am genuinely shocked at all of this.

Serious question, has anyone within the Czech media or politics condemned either the racist abuse given to Kamara on the pitch or the subsequent abuse dished out online to Kamara and Roofe?

Because by failing to do so, then I'm sorry, regardless of your Mrs nationality, that would certainly not reflect well on the entire nation.
Has the SNP condemned it?

We are still waiting for our First Minister to say something on the subject.
u4Z6qpa.jpg

Or the guy masquerading as her 'Justice Minister'. Racism is obviously an irrelevance compared to some boisterous celebrations. There was almost a shortage of microphones such was the rush of SNP ministers desperate to condemn that.

See amongst the many, many troubling things to come out of all this, I still can't get my head around this idea that we played a particularly dirty game? The Roofe red card offence of course had terrible consequences that nobody wants to see, but I didn't think we were particularly physical other than that, and they more than held their own with their cynical fouling of Kent. They've taken the Scum tactic of telling a lie long enough and it seems to have become an accepted narrative of the game.

See amongst the many, many troubling things to come out of all this, I still can't get my head around this idea that we played a particularly dirty game? The Roofe red card offence of course had terrible consequences that nobody wants to see, but I didn't think we were particularly physical other than that, and they more than held their own with their cynical fouling of Kent. They've taken the Scum tactic of telling a lie long enough and it seems to have become an accepted narrative of the game.
If the racism didn’t happen then we wouldn’t have heard a thing about it. It’s all they had, and was mainly based around the Roofe incident.

Had it been someone saying a bad word againt Lennon there would be a holyrood summit by now.
The fact that the snp say Scotland is open to all and then ignore this incident tells you all you need to know. Shame on the FM for not defending a foreign national and someone who has lived and worked in Scotland for years, worse still Glen's place of work is within her constituency.
Blue shirt = Scotland's own discrimination

As much as I despise our justice secretary Humza, he did back Kamara and "demand" Uefa to investigate. Probably made absolutely no difference, but was still some support.

If uefa had anything approaching a spine they would be demanding a full retraction or kick the fuckers out of the Euros.
They really need to act fast. I don't know,maybe some at UEFA hold those views as well. They need to get their house in order before people start questioning their motives.

They really need to act fast. I don't know,maybe some at UEFA hold those views as well. They need to get their house in order before people start questioning their motives.
Nothing will happen mate. You only need to look at that car-crash interview with the Russian clown yesterday to see the contempt Uefa have at the upper echelons for really taking a tough stance on things like this. $$$$$$$ is all that matters...

I'm not saying there isn't a problem bud but you can't say every single one of them is racist, it's just not true.

There is problem in our own country with religion, is every single person sectarian? of course not.
I think the issue though is that it is clearly an underlying issue that all of a sudden reared its head after a specific event. They clearly do not appreciate the context of racism if that statement tells me anything. So whilst I agree it’s not healthy to label everyone in The Czech Rep a racist, I think it’s obvious they are in need of a significant amount of education on the matter.

they are tarnishing themselves %^*& all to do with us if all we hear from them is racist shite

%^*& them
Mate put it this way, It's like Celtic going to Czech Rep or somewhere and having a player involved in racial abuse then act the way the Slavia mob did by backing up their player etc, then the SNP get involved backing up Celtic.

Would you like it if that other country started calling every Scottish person racist because of how Celtic and the SNP behaved?

They are not speaking for a whole nation believe me.

Despite this response being disgusting and showing that Czech Republic sees racism as okay, it makes you wonder what it's like to have your premier backing you to the hilt.

As for this land of eastern European racists, bet they wish they were as stubborn, stoic and offensive when the Germans then the Russians rolled

Who tarnished them as a nation of racists ffs?

I said the majority of Czech people I’ve seen on social media are showing themselves up for what they are. I have read a lot of comments and I haven’t seen one in support of the player being racially abused in his place of work.

look at the comments on this ffs

Interesting that Kamara's lawyer appears to be expressing support for an organisation that wants to defund the police and empty the prisons... Who is going to arrest Kudela and where are they going to put him if convicted?

As did the Belgium's, the dutch,the Danish, the norwegians and the french who volunteered for the ss. In fact they tried to get british pow's to fight for the ss, but that fell flat.

As it was chzechoslovakia at the time, the problem was their now neighbours Slovakia, who not only sided with the nazis, but paid them to take their jews away.

The chzech republic like many countries doesnt have a clean record, but they certainly have nothing to be ashamed of, being overrun by Germany and Russia. The same germany that in about 6 weeks conquered belgium, holland, france and kicked our arses back over the english channel.
84 Czech pilots flew Spitfires and Hurricanes during the Battle of Britain. Nine were shot down and killed.

Incredible.

Didnt realise being angry about a black player being called a monkey is a "stupid trend".

The way they are using Roofes accidental challenge as a malicious attack is a disgrace.

They have been painting us as a dirty team when in reality they were throwing themselves to the ground any time anyone came near them.

UEFA need to step up here and actually make an example of this lot as its well beyond football at this stage. This is about human decency.
Playing devil's advocate here...

What happens if UEFA step up and make an example of Rangers the next time Rangers' fans are reported for sectarian singing? Remember that the UEFA Disciplinary Committee appears to equate sectarianism with racism. If you are a Catholic on that Committee and terms like "up to our knees in F****** blood" come before you, you are not going to be inclined to be lenient.

For the record, and without wishing to condone sectarianism in any way, I have said before on this site that, in my opinion, sectarianism and racism are two different things: racism is an assault on a person's natural physical appearance and sectarianism is an assault on a person's belief system or philosophy.

But as I've also said before on this site, Rangers fans are going to have to be very careful what they sing at future UEFA matches. They will be watched by all kinds of hawks... Partial stadium closure, full stadium closure and then expulsion from the Champions League with the loss of tens of millions of pounds. Does anyone really think that is a price worth paying for singing a few songs?

And again for the record, although not a member, I have sat in on many meetings of the UEFA Disciplinary Committee, and the UEFA Appeals Committee. I have occasionally put their decisions into writing for them. I know how they operate. It's time to keep the banned songs well away from any football stadium.

Steven Gerrard has set this club some very high standards, worthy of Bill Struth himself, let's repay him by not doing anything stupid.

What happens if UEFA step up and make an example of Rangers the next time Rangers' fans are reported for sectarian singing? Remember that the UEFA Disciplinary Committee appears to equate sectarianism with racism. If you are a Catholic on that Committee and terms like "up to our knees in F****** blood" come before you, you are not going to be inclined to be lenient.

For the record, and without wishing to condone sectarianism in any way, I have said before on this site that, in my opinion, sectarianism and racism are two different things: racism is an assault on a person's natural physical appearance and sectarianism is an assault on a person's belief system or philosophy.

But as I've also said before on this site, Rangers fans are going to have to be very careful what they sing at future UEFA matches. They will be watched by all kinds of hawks... Partial stadium closure, full stadium closure and then expulsion from the Champions League with the loss of tens of millions of pounds. Does anyone really think that is a price worth paying for singing a few songs?

And again for the record, although not a member, I have sat in on many meetings of the UEFA Disciplinary Committee, and the UEFA Appeals Committee. I have occasionally put their decisions into writing for them. I know how they operate. It's time to keep the banned songs well away from any football stadium.

Steven Gerrard has set this club some very high standards, worthy of Bill Struth himself, let's repay him by not doing anything stupid.
Agreed!!!

And there is not a hell in chance our First Minister, hacks or anyone else would come out and support us like there's!

Rangers' fans, They, Why the third person on your hot take?

Rangers' fans, They, Why the third person on your hot take?
The simple answer is that I, as a Rangers fan, shareholder and brickholder (who saw his first Rangers match in 1975, Colin Stein's second debut, and attended the 2008 UEFA Cup Final) and at least 99 per cent of other Rangers' fans will not be singing these songs.

Those who do sing them, if any, will not be us, therefore it is correct to refer to them in the third person.

The simple answer is that I, as a Rangers fan, shareholder and brickholder (who saw his first Rangers match in 1975, Colin Stein's second debut, and attended the 2008 UEFA Cup Final) and at least 99 per cent of other Rangers' fans will not be singing these songs.

Those who do sing them, if any, will not be us, therefore it is correct to refer to them in the third person.
Spot on post. The vast majority of Rangers fans don’t want any association with sectarian songs. This situation shows why we need to lose those fans that cant or won’t change.

Mate put it this way, It's like Celtic going to Czech Rep or somewhere and having a player involved in racial abuse then act the way the Slavia mob did by backing up their player etc, then the SNP get involved backing up Celtic.

Would you like it if that other country started calling every Scottish person racist because of how Celtic and the SNP behaved?

They are not speaking for a whole nation believe me.

I understand your point and you have a "horse in the race" you seem to like the country and the people but the only exposure I have had to them is mass racisim shown on social media from what appears to be a wide demographic of slavia fans, I havent seen one of them calling any of it out on any platform and every statement I hear from anyone czech or slavia is abysmal

I don't think WE will give Uefa a chance to throw the book at US.

We have been impeccably behaved since the reduced allocation.

I understand your point and you have a "horse in the race" you seem to like the country and the people but the only exposure I have had to them is mass racisim shown on social media from what appears to be a wide demographic of slavia fans, I havent seen one of them calling any of it out on any platform and every statement I hear from anyone czech or slavia is abysmal
I will never deny I like the country and the people that's obvious.

So from someone who does know both countries I have a bit more of an incline than most what the Czech people are really like.

I need to stress I am not trying to defend the racist, and I am also not suggesting there isn't a problem there but don't we have our own problems? Yes of course we do, do you tarnish every person in Scotland as Sectarian? of course not.

You have seen some things on SM just as I have seen just about everything posted and reacted to those posts, I use the same handle on Twitter for example you may or may not have seen my reaction to the filthy racists, but that is not the whole country talking.

Czech Rep is twice as big as Scotland there are racists no doubt, worse than in Scotland? yes I think so. But a bit of realism that even if you saw a few thousand like a racist post there are 10 million more that may have not liked it.

Back