Quarter Of The Way Through Our League Campaign

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
A team with our record this season isn't one that deserves the criticism many are aiming at them. That includes Gerrard if he is as harsh as you say.

An acknowledgement that bad games will happen isn't ignoring anything. Suggesting that it's a sign of mental weakness or the likes is the flawed argument, because it has to hark back to last season to back it up which is completely irrelevant.
No it’s not, when we shit the bed when we get in the driving seat that is a real cause for concern. We weren’t unlucky yesterday, we were spineless, you can’t win the league if you fold every time you get the chance to stay top, but when these chances come a long or we have the chance to make a cup final we’ve invariably folded nearly every time. That is cause for concern, it doesn’t mean we won’t overcome it, but fans are well within their right to acknowledge that clear trend and feel worried about it.

I’m also not sure how you can say last season is irrelevant when it’s most of the same players that are still out there?

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
It's been decent.

Probably no huge change from last season and fans KNOW that the crucial area is League Cup and visit to Scum Hut in December. Fail in those and it will be pretty much same as...decent players, progress made, but no fight and belief.

BlueSeaOfIbrox

We'll still win the league

But %^*& me do we not half shoot ourselves in the foot. Every single time we get ahead we blow it the very next game. Don't know if it's a case of us not being able to handle the pressure but we seriously need to sort that out. It's happened like 3 times between this season and last season.

The thing that worries me is we have quite a few away games coming up, most harder than hearts. If we play like we did last night we will drop points to Livingston, Hamilton, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs and we'll get pumped off Celtic.

We need to sort it out pronto because to be in for a chance of winning the league we'll have to win 5 of those 6 games

Drumchapel-Bear

I'm not being overly kind, the team have done very well and deserve a bit of breathing room because we've had a great season so far. If we go and drop points in the next two matches? A different story altogether.

It's far too early to push the 'THEY'RE AW' SHîTE-BAGS!' button that so many on here are doing. Even taking yesterday into account, this season we're leaning towards the opposite (which might or might not change).
Your thoughts are pretty much aligned with mine from reading your comments on this thread. Pretty much agree with just about everything you have posted.

I wouldn't mind seeing some examples of the so called turd polishing that is going on as well? I genuinely haven't seen anything that resembles that. The forum seems to be pretty unanimous in their feelings regarding yesterday being a very poor display.

The hyperbole is coming from the other side of the debate.

Gheorghe_Hagi

I appreciate it has been a while, but I am pretty shocked at how many seem to have just totally forgot what a season when a team wins a league can look like.
Look at the last time we won the league - we had some abysmal results. We lost 3-0 at home to Hibs, had some horrendous results against Celtic (1 win in 4) and the nightmare of losing at home to Dundee Utd in the last minute to name a few.

The response to us dropping points on here is excruciating.

Drumchapel-Bear

It's been decent.

Probably no huge change from last season and fans KNOW that the crucial area is League Cup and visit to Scum Hut in December. Fail in those and it will be pretty much same as...decent players, progress made, but no fight and belief.
We could hypothetically not beat Celtic all season but still win the league. Highly unlikely of course, but it's possible. Last season it was 6 points a piece for us and them in the league, it was dropping points to the run of the mill teams which f*cked us. We have improved on those games already in this season.

RFC4ME

Look at the last time we won the league - we had some abysmal results. We lost 3-0 at home to Hibs, had some horrendous results against Celtic (1 win in 4) and the nightmare of losing at home to Dundee Utd in the last minute to name a few.

The response to us dropping points on here is excruciating.
Yip, Smith the second time around had learned how to make it look good as such, in that he polished things at the end of a season with tidy performances and thus deluded a lot of people into thinking we had been great all year.

At times over the course of the season under Smith during 3IAR we were bloody awful in some ways, awful to watch, battled through games etc but he got it done and thus no one cared come the end of the season.

We in the history I have watched us have never, ever won a league trouble free playing free flowing stuff all year and never dropping points.

Our start to the season is grand, just grand - in a place where most would want a team to be

dublinbluenose

I appreciate it has been a while, but I am pretty shocked at how many seem to have just totally forgot what a season when a team wins a league can look like.
This is a point very well made on h&h post match pod yesterday that it’s been so long since we have been in a title race that some have forgotten what a title race is like and the up’s and downs in a title race.we had all better get used to this because us and them aren’t going to win every week

dublinbluenose

I took myself off of one group page on Facebook yesterday after tav was labeled a kunt.sorry yes we can be unhappy at his performance but their is no need for mindless abuse

BlueSeaOfIbrox

I took myself off of one group page on Facebook yesterday after tav was labeled a kunt.sorry yes we can be unhappy at his performance but their is no need for mindless abuse
definitely not! Tav is a brilliant player and as much mistakes as he makes there isn't a single player in our squad that can fit into RB and offer as much as he does in games generally.

However saying that I reckon he needs a little break and work his way back into the squad. His game lately has been poor and it's costing us. I think giving him a chance to fight for his position back could go a long way into getting him back to form.

Also get Morelos on penalties and Barisic on appropriate free kicks. No reason for Tav to take everything imo.

RFC4ME

This is a point very well made on h&h post match pod yesterday that it’s been so long since we have been in a title race that some have forgotten what a title race is like and the up’s and downs in a title race.we had all better get used to this because us and them aren’t going to win every week

Yip, it happens - you drew a game.... it's the next 5 that matter.

Are you going to dwell on it or are you going to get it out the system and take 13 from 15 and keep on the pace.

Ferguson was the absolute master of it.

Gerrard thus far has shown himself to be pretty handy, or at least learning at being handy to screw a teams heads back on after a poor result.

We have rarely suffered a run of bad form as such

instructor

Motherwell at home and Ross County away, if we are level or better than them after this then I will be happy. Hearts yesterday? We have had similar away performances and nicked it, I just think we didn't get the winner and that can happen. Satisfied so far. Tav needs a game off but we need a fit Flanagan to replace him.

Big Buff

Some people have absolutely no bottle.

This is a title race. Both teams will drop points. Neither side is going to hit the 90 point mark this season, so be prepared for even more mistakes from both teams.

This title will be won or lost on away matches, because the other ten teams cannot lay a glove on either side at home.

CaptainCourageous

They played as well as they could mate given their league form. Ikpeazu is an absolute specimen of a big boy and utilised his strengths very well. The last twenty minutes we got sucked into a scrap and we done absolutely nothing of note in front of goal the rest of the game anyway. That’s what Hearts can do and they done it. Not saying they were particularly great but they were effective.

At Tynecastle no matter how shite they are you need every edge it’s a narrow pitch against a physical team with a decent hostile atmosphere. When you start Ojo and your Captain is having another one of his moments right at the beginning, we’re at a disadvantage straight off the bat.

If the situation with Ojo is addressed as a matter of priority and Arfield taken out of the front three I think we will be fine again but all I know is you cannot start players like him in fixtures like that. Aribo and Kamara don’t work well together in those games either.
Hearts had 9 players out injured.

Naismith, Haring, Damour, Souttar, Walker, Halkett, Washington, Garuccio would all have featured had they been fit. Wighton was the 9th. We basically had a full strength 11 bar Kent and Jack.

strider

No it’s not, when we shit the bed when we get in the driving seat that is a real cause for concern. We weren’t unlucky yesterday, we were spineless, you can’t win the league if you fold every time you get the chance to stay top, but when these chances come a long or we have the chance to make a cup final we’ve invariably folded nearly every time. That is cause for concern, it doesn’t mean we won’t overcome it, but fans are well within their right to acknowledge that clear trend and feel worried about it.

I’m also not sure how you can say last season is irrelevant when it’s most of the same players that are still out there?
Because players develop over the course of seasons. A few different players can change a team dramatically. And in our case, our management team are learning on the job.

It's words like "spineless" that I find an utter nonsense. How do you even quantify that? If we weren't top at the start of the weekend but played as poorly, would that be described the same? I doubt it.

Sorry, because this sounds much harsher than I mean it to, but I find this a childlike reaction to not getting what you want. We will have games where the other side has periods of good play and get some luck as Hearts did yesterday. That doesn't equate to our team being spineless.

Drumchapel-Bear

Because players develop over the course of seasons. A few different players can change a team dramatically. And in our case, our management team are learning on the job.

It's words like "spineless" that I find an utter nonsense. How do you even quantify that? If we weren't top at the start of the weekend but played as poorly, would that be described the same? I doubt it.

Sorry, because this sounds much harsher than I mean it to, but I find this a childlike reaction to not getting what you want. We will have games where the other side has periods of good play and get some luck as Hearts did yesterday. That doesn't equate to our team being spineless.
Being level headed doesn't get you likes on social media though does it?

Maybe the forum is just reflective of society as a whole nowadays where everyone looks for a reaction / likes etc via social media posts.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
We could hypothetically not beat Celtic all season but still win the league. Highly unlikely of course, but it's possible. Last season it was 6 points a piece for us and them in the league, it was dropping points to the run of the mill teams which f*cked us. We have improved on those games already in this season.
Attitude though. Sadly most players and fans will see losing away there and not winning LC as a sign that we are where we were....

strider

Maybe the forum is just reflective of society as a whole nowadays where everyone looks for a reaction / likes etc via social media posts.
I don't mind emotional responses to games during and in the immediate aftermath. It should be that way, even if I don't seem to do that personally a lot of the time.

But after a day to digest it, reactions should be far more measured. It's not unfair at all to ask for that, I agree.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...

Yeah but we’re still faltering and can’t stay top longer than a week so where’s the development in that sense? You can’t just say “they develop” when in terms of nerve and mental steel we’re not seeing too many great signs of development. And how do I quantify it? Easy, it’s the persistent failure to take these opportunities when they’re afforded to us, even when we’re up against a side languishing second from bottom who are in such poor form their fans are begging for their manager to be sacked. “If we weren’t top at the start of the weekend”, if yer auntie had baws! The fact is we were top and had a chance to hang on to that top spot and we failed that test. Let’s stick to what actually unfolded and put pointless hypotheticals to the side for a second.

We played a very poor team and barley created a chance, bullied off the ball and never at any stage looked like winning the game, does that scream mental rigidity to you given that we had a chance to go top again and make a real statement and show a real sign of progress? And forget about luck, we weren’t unlucky yesterday, we were crap and had the wrong mentality and attitude as the gaffer himself clearly acknowledged.

Why you believe that me debating the issue by looking at a clear and undeniable trend is childlike, is beyond me to be perfectly honest. It’s not as though I’m kicking and screaming with no valid argument and no evidence to back up my point. In fact, I’ve yet to see any valid counter argument to the point that I’ve been making since full time yesterday. All I’ve seen are happy clappers venting their frustrations at fans who aren’t prepared to turn a blind eye to a rather ominous looking pattern.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...

Yeah that’s what is is, it’s all for likes and a bit of attention. It’s not like these points have been supported by undeniable facts or anything...

What a load of bollocks, but then weren’t you the one last season who said “aye but if we just ignore the mammoth points difference there’s not much between us and them”.

Drumchapel-Bear

Yeah that’s what is is, it’s all for likes and a bit of attention. It’s not like these points have been supported by undeniable facts or anything...

What a load of bollocks, but then weren’t you the one last season who said “aye but if we just ignore the mammoth points difference there’s not much between us and them”.

What points and what undeniable facts?

When Celtic beat us at Parkhead I said there was virtually no gap between the two teams, irrespective of the points difference. The fact we are neck and neck this season with pretty much the same team as we had then (backed up by your post previously on this thread) kinda backs up that point does it not?

Big Buff

The undeniable facts are the numbers that state we've played better than they have this season.

That's partly explained by us having a favourable home fixture list so early in the season, but everything projects to an extremely close title race this season.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
What points and what undeniable facts?

When Celtic beat us at Parkhead I said there was virtually no gap between the two teams, irrespective of the points difference. The fact we are neck and neck this season with pretty much the same team as we had then (backed up by your post previously on this thread) kinda backs up that point does it not?
We can’t stay top for longer than a week, look at the slip ups we had at Rugby park and Hibs and the like last season. We couldn’t beat Aberdeen to make a cup final in 3 attempts (including a replay). This season we’ve played very well, but again, we couldn’t beat Celtic at Ibrox when we were in form and had an excellent chance, we couldn’t reclaim top spot and make a real statement and silence those who doubt their mental rigidity despite coming up against a dreadful Hearts side.

Essentially when there’s added pressure we don’t seem to be able to do what it takes, how can that be denied when the evidence is all there. Again it doesn’t mean we’ll bottle the league or that we can’t overcome it, but these performances at least suggest that the issue may still be there, especially when you consider the abject nature of the performances at home to the scum and away to Hearts. It’s not like we were unlucky, we were just shit and couldn’t replicate our better performances in these games that come with that added pressure.

And yeah mate that’s what you said, and I still find it to be an incredible statement given they had a huge points cushion. We could clearly beat them on any given day, but as far as showing consistency and holding our nerve at crucial moments goes they were clearly streets ahead of us and I don’t see how that can be argued given that they took every piece of domestic silverware again and we never even contested a cup final. As for the last part, it’s now how you start it’s how you finish. We were neck and neck till January last season and in the end they still pissed the league, so how can anyone say it’s different this year when we’re only 8 games in and have already cùnted two games that would have shown real progress in terms of our mental strength?

Bruce_Wayne

Played 9
Won 7
Drew 1
Lost 1

22 points amassed. On course for 92 points as it stands, which would have won every SPFL Title since 14/15 outwith Rodgers' invincible season at Celtic.

Not a thread to defend yesterday's display, it was a really poor show but a bit of perspective is required here. The team is showing Championship Winning Form, or at the very least, showing form that will take a title challenge right down to the wire.

Our fans really need to get a grip. The reaction on here and social media in general every time we don't win a game is absolutely ridiculous.
It will have been covered a million times but yesterday's point, after the dust has settled, will be important in the long run.

We stupidly got drawn into a battle with them in a game where we were nowhere near our best. It happens, look at them at Livi. If you aren't playing well and it's a scrap you at least show some baws and get stuck in and make sure you don't lose. Celtic's arse completely collapsed at Livi, at least yesterday we were willing to get stuck in even if we were playing p*sh.

Only thing you don't want to do is make a habit out of it.

Drumchapel-Bear

We can’t stay top for longer than a week, look at the slip ups we had at Rugby park and Hibs and the like last season. We couldn’t beat Aberdeen to make a cup final in 3 attempts (including a replay). This season we’ve played very well, but again, we couldn’t beat Celtic at Ibrox when we were in form and had an excellent chance, we couldn’t reclaim top spot and make a real statement and silence those who doubt their mental rigidity despite coming up against a dreadful Hearts side.

Essentially when there’s added pressure we don’t seem to be able to do what it takes, how can that be denied when the evidence is all there. Again it doesn’t mean we’ll bottle the league or that we can’t overcome it, but these performances at least suggest that the issue may still be there, especially when you consider the abject nature of the performances at home to the scum and away to Hearts. It’s not like we were unlucky, we were just shit and couldn’t replicate our better performances in these games that come with that added pressure.

And yeah mate that’s what you said, and I still find it to be an incredible statement given they had a huge points cushion. We could clearly beat them on any given day, but as far as showing consistency and holding our nerve at crucial moments goes they were clearly streets ahead of us and I don’t see how that can be argued given that they took every piece of domestic silverware again and we never even contested a cup final. As for the last part, it’s now how you start it’s how you finish. We were neck and neck till January last season and in the end they still pissed the league, so how can anyone say it’s different this year when we’re only 8 games in and have already cùnted two games that would have shown real progress in terms of our mental strength?
What do you mean we were ''neck and neck'' until the turn of the year last season? We were sitting 5th in the league after 10 games last season :D We were top of the league 1 time last season, going joint top with Celtic but them having a game in hand. We were never top again after this.

We have been top once this season so far, and now we are joint top (the same position we were in at the winter break last season), this time having played the same number of games. You can't seriously point to 2 one off games, and say it points to a trend in the mentality of a team. It's ludicrous, especially when there are numerous examples of the team digging out wins in big games when they had to in Europe and the Old Firm last December. If we lost that, it was 6 points behind with them having a game in hand, you can't seriously deny that was a big pressure game.

Killie, Aberdeen and Hibs killed us last season in the league, not Celtic. Ironically, we have taken 9 points in the league off Killie, Aberdeen and Hibs already this season so that's an improvement on last season right away.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
What do you mean we were ''neck and neck'' until the turn of the year last season? We were sitting 5th in the league after 10 games last season :D We were top of the league 1 time last season, going joint top with Celtic but them having a game in hand. We were never top again after this.

We have been top once this season so far, and now we are joint top (the same position we were in at the winter break last season), this time having played the same number of games. You can't seriously point to 2 one off games, and say it points to a trend in the mentality of a team. It's ludicrous, especially when there are numerous examples of the team digging out wins in big games when they had to in Europe and the Old Firm last December. If we lost that, it was 6 points behind with them having a game in hand, you can't seriously deny that was a big pressure game.

Killie, Aberdeen and Hibs killed us last season in the league, not Celtic. Ironically, we have taken 9 points in the league off Killie, Aberdeen and Hibs already this season so that's an improvement on last season right away.
We were 3 points away in January and they ended up pissing the league, what exactly do you not understand? And we’re in second place mate, not joint top.

We’ve pulled out some excellent results in Europe no question, I’m talking domestically though where we need success and we need it fast. Also you’ll need to explain to me why I can’t point to those 2 games that gave us a chance to make a real statement that we cùnted? Why is it ludicrous? Its an apparent continuation of an undeniable trend that says when we have a chance to back them up and really put them under pressure we make an arse of it. If we win yesterday it’s a real sign of progress in respect of us holding our never and showing we can keep ourselves on top and keep them under serious pressure with something to think about. Instead we produced a pathetic display against a woefully out of form side and we let them stay top, and as a result left that lingering doubt in the minds of fans ( at least those who don’t want to look the other way) that says that once we get on top we can’t stay there and the pressure is too much for some of our players.

And by the way, the OF game last January is about the only time we really showed the sort of mental steel that had me believing we could maybe win the league last season, barring that there were few signs. When they slipped up we tended to follow suit, and ultimately they put the winning runs together, we continued to falter and ended up with fùck all. I don’t really see how any of this is up for debate. I’ll tell you what’s ludicrous though, forecasting a final points total only 8 games in. If you’d done the same thing at Christmas last year the forecast would have looked far better than the eventual outcome, i.e, it’s meaningless.

Gaz030191

There's no denying that yesterday was a sore one when were wanting to keep our position on top, and the performance was nowhere near good enough.

But by this time last year we had already dropped 10 points in the league, this year we've only dropped 5.

We've only lost 3 games in our last 28 competitive games, and those were the Old Firm (which was unacceptable), away to a young boys team who have an incredible home record and Killie last day of last season when there nothing to play for.

We can't ignore the mistakes and lack of desire shown yesterday, but it's not the full blown crisis some people appear to think it is.

We're still joint top and in control of our own chances.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
The worst thing about yesterday is not dropping 2 points but showing we are still mentally fragile when it comes to crunch games and only managing to stay top for 2 weeks.

Its a big physcological blow an it has made us look weak, we need to fight even harder and start picking the right players for these types of matches, we cant always play nice football and we need some tough players like Polster and Edmundson on the park

We are still on course so no need to panic it just frustrating after going top by 2 points that it has been wiped out the following game.

Big Buff

The worst thing about yesterday is not dropping 2 points but showing we are still mentally fragile when it comes to crunch games and only managing to stay top for 2 weeks.

Its a big physcological blow an it has made us look weak, we need to fight even harder and start piking the right players for these types of matches.

We are still on course so no need to panic.

Big Buff

What is your point ? it can be a blow without having to panic, we are 9 games in
In one sentence you're saying we're too fragile mentally to compete and we've just been dealt another psychological blow, and the next sentence you're saying that's no reason to panic.

Those two positions are not compatible. You're either freaking out about the mental state of this team, or you aren't.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
In one sentence you're saying we're too fragile mentally to compete and we've just been dealt another psychological blow, and the next sentence you're saying that's no reason to panic.

Those two positions are not compatible. You're either freaking out about the mental state of this team, or you aren't.
I was refering to yesterday's game, until we see a pattern forming away from home and we drop more points than we should then there is no need to panic however its normal to be concerned.

Aginst Legia we showed real mental toughness, yesterday we didn't so its difficult to know for sure, we will know much more by the end of Decemeber though.

Big Buff

I was refering to yesterday's game, until we see a pattern forming away from home and we drop more points than we should then there is no need to panic however its normal to be concerned.

Aginst Legia we showed real mental toughness, yesterday we didn't so its difficult to know for sure, we will know much more by the end of Decemeber though.
Maybe this tells us something about mental strength, this perceived quality that all title winning teams possess and cannot be bought or measured. It is completely abstract but yet it influences the discourse.

Ever thought for a moment that maybe, this very Scottish (and sometimes British) obsession with "bottle" is all a load of nonsense?

If you're a professional footballer, you're one of the top 1% of young footballers at your age. You've had to dedicate a lot of time and effort and come through some tough times to get there. You've probably been released by a youth team and told you weren't good enough.

Things that we attribute to "bottle" are almost always attributable to luck or statistical variance. That's not as sexy, and it doesn't make for as good a narrative, but it's ultimately true. Sports psychologists help individual players through their own tough times, but they aren't there to reinforce the mentality of an entire team.

thevietnambear

Played 9
Won 7
Drew 1
Lost 1

22 points amassed. On course for 92 points as it stands, which would have won every SPFL Title since 14/15 outwith Rodgers' invincible season at Celtic.

Not a thread to defend yesterday's display, it was a really poor show but a bit of perspective is required here. The team is showing Championship Winning Form, or at the very least, showing form that will take a title challenge right down to the wire.

Our fans really need to get a grip. The reaction on here and social media in general every time we don't win a game is absolutely ridiculous.
I can't agree with what you have said, game v Septic was player mistakes and bad management of the tactics, same in the Young Boys game, players mistakes and bad management, yesterday against Hearts was player mistake, bad management by continuing to play Ojo.
If one player who should be dropped it's Ojo

Drumchapel-Bear

We were 3 points away in January and they ended up pissing the league, what exactly do you not understand? And we’re in second place mate, not joint top.

We’ve pulled out some excellent results in Europe no question, I’m talking domestically though where we need success and we need it fast. Also you’ll need to explain to me why I can’t point to those 2 games that gave us a chance to make a real statement that we cùnted? Why is it ludicrous? Its an apparent continuation of an undeniable trend that says when we have a chance to back them up and really put them under pressure we make an arse of it. If we win yesterday it’s a real sign of progress in respect of us holding our never and showing we can keep ourselves on top and keep them under serious pressure with something to think about. Instead we produced a pathetic display against a woefully out of form side and we let them stay top, and as a result left that lingering doubt in the minds of fans ( at least those who don’t want to look the other way) that says that once we get on top we can’t stay there and the pressure is too much for some of our players.

And by the way, the OF game last January is about the only time we really showed the sort of mental steel that had me believing we could maybe win the league last season, barring that there were few signs. When they slipped up we tended to follow suit, and ultimately they put the winning runs together, we continued to falter and ended up with fùck all. I don’t really see how any of this is up for debate. I’ll tell you what’s ludicrous though, forecasting a final points total only 8 games in. If you’d done the same thing at Christmas last year the forecast would have looked far better than the eventual outcome, i.e, it’s meaningless.
Your favourite word just now is trends. If you want to talk about trends, you need to look at historical numbers and use that to predict the future. So make your mind up eh?

By the way, when we beat Celtic last December we were on 42 points after 21 games. That had us on track to accumulate 76 points come the end of the season if we continued in a similar veign, which wouldn't have won the title in the last 5-10 years.

We finished the season on 78 points, which wasnt enough. Which we could have predicted last January.

You see, you can actually get good data from trends when you know how to look at the numbers and work with them.

Celtic won about 12 games on the spin after the xmas break last season barely conceding a goal that won them the league.

So if you simply break down the numbers of this season so far, we are well on track to better last season and potentially win the league if we continue performing to the level we have been so far. We are showing a nice trend this season.

thetoptier

Your favourite word just now is trends. If you want to talk about trends, you need to look at historical numbers and use that to predict the future. So make your mind up eh?

By the way, when we beat Celtic last December we were on 42 points after 21 games. That had us on track to accumulate 76 points come the end of the season if we continued in a similar veign, which wouldn't have won the title in the last 5-10 years.

We finished the season on 78 points, which wasnt enough. Which we could have predicted last January.

You see, you can actually get good data from trends when you know how to look at the numbers and work with them.

Celtic won about 12 games on the spin after the xmas break last season barely conceding a goal that won them the league.

So if you simply break down the numbers of this season so far, we are well on track to better last season and potentially win the league if we continue performing to the level we have been so far. We are showing a nice trend this season.
its not like for like though

last season we had more away games in the first tranche of fixtures

this season reversed