Raise a glass to absent Bears.

A kind of blue

I really think of my dad who died on his 86th birthday five years ago on days like this.
He saw some of the greatest who ever wore our jersey but died without seeing us recover.
I took him to his last game a month short of his 85th birthday (he hadn’t been for years before) when we won Div 3 v Berwick Rangers but he came away saying: ‘That’s not my Rangers.’
I will always hate those crooks and b@stards who stole his club.
That's poignant mate. Wish he'd seen where we are now on that long journey.

Damask_Rose

My brother who passed away in August aged 44, I was going through old Polaroid pictures today and found one of him with the away strip from circa 1988.

And for my Rangers daft boss who passed away in 2013. Huge Rangers man who would have loved seeing us fight back all the way to be able to enjoy days like today.

Hurricane Run

I really think of my dad who died on his 86th birthday five years ago on days like this.
He saw some of the greatest who ever wore our jersey but died without seeing us recover.
I took him to his last game a month short of his 85th birthday (he hadn’t been for years before) when we won Div 3 v Berwick Rangers but he came away saying: ‘That’s not my Rangers.’
I will always hate those crooks and b@stards who stole his club.

What a poignant post. I sincerely wish you all the best mate. You have a great command of language and have made some great posts ive truly enjoyed

Grigo Yossarian

What a poignant post. I sincerely wish you all the best mate. You have a great command of language and have made some great posts ive truly enjoyed

Coisty raises an interesting point about his dad there.

We’ve all fought like hell to get our club back & I really hope we can get our club back to the top especially for the older bears in our Family & community.

Hurricane Run

Coisty raises an interesting point about his dad there.

We’ve all fought like hell to get our club back & I really hope we can get our club back to the top especially for the older bears in our Family & community.

None deserve it more than guys like yourself mate. See hearing from posters like you who can describe in detail a period in time before myself. Its like having a link back to my dad. I think any of us who share my story, appreciate the posts of guys like you Grigo. A true gentleman

Grigo Yossarian

None deserve it more than guys like yourself mate. See hearing from posters like you who can describe in detail a period in time before myself. Its like having a link back to my dad. I think any of us who share my story, appreciate the posts of guys like you Grigo. A true gentleman

Very kind comments HR. You are a credit to our magnificent club mate. Truly.

Bishybear30

My gran who would back in the days when we regularly beat them would pick me up from the masonic where our bus went and take me back to hers so my mum wouldn’t know how smashed I was.

Would spend the journey telling her about the game and sit up with the tunes drinking with her many a night.

She passed in 2013 so wasn’t to see us get back up.

This ones for you Jeannie “Jinty” x

Johansen

My boy, 5 years ago today his brick went up in fernando rickson wall as a gift at what should off been his 21st at christmas .miss you lewis GBNF left a hreat big whole in mine and your siblings life.
Losing loved ones is always hard but to lose a son or daughter is the worst nightmare anyone can endure. Hope you and your family find comfort in every way possible.

Myc74

My gran who would back in the days when we regularly beat them would pick me up from the masonic where our bus went and take me back to hers so my mum wouldn’t know how smashed I was.

Would spend the journey telling her about the game and sit up with the tunes drinking with her many a night.

She passed in 2013 so wasn’t to see us get back up.

This ones for you Jeannie “Jinty” x
Grannies are class mate.
Lost count the number of times I knocked on my granny's door in the small hours of the morning, pished after a day at the football rather than going home to my ma.
She never once told on me and there was always a fry ready in the morning

Hurricane Run

Grannies are class mate.
Lost count the number of times I knocked on my granny's door in the small hours of the morning, pished after a day at the football rather than going home to my ma.
She never once told on me and there was always a fry ready in the morning

My gran always took my side when my mum lost her rag (rightly) in my grans eyes I could do no wrong. You never went hungry there. She was a govanite like my grandad. Genuine salt of the earth. I couldnt be prouder of them mate. Much like you must be

Myc74

My gran always took my side when my mum lost her rag (rightly) in my grans eyes I could do no wrong. You never went hungry there. She was a govanite like my grandad. Genuine salt of the earth. I couldnt be prouder of them mate. Much like you must be
Exactly bud.
Both my grannies were superstars mate and although they couldn't have cared less about football, both proper staunch wee women.
Miss them both everyday

change consent