rangers apparently expected to bring the most fans a foreign team has brought

Their support and self proclaimed GFITW pish is exactly a MYTH.

In the CL group game against Bayern we took officially 16k. They took a Couple thousand a few years later.

Barcelona in 2007 we had 25k. They had 10k if you are lucky.

Let's put too bed this myth they are a Bigger support than us.

Not a chance on this Earth.
And they didn’t even have to take a couple of days off work to follow their team

It's weird the way every single team you play in European fitba always seems to have a Brazilian in the team.
Are you forgetting Emerson, Cribari and the lesser spotted Ferrari?! Brazilians aren't all they're cracked up to be, unless your name is Karen!

Their support and self proclaimed GFITW pish is exactly a MYTH.

In the CL group game against Bayern we took officially 16k. They took a Couple thousand a few years later.

Barcelona in 2007 we had 25k. They had 10k if you are lucky.

Let's put too bed this myth they are a Bigger support than us.

Not a chance on this Earth.
It’s not even remotely close. There is no argument to be had.

It’s embarrassing for the support as a whole if our flags are displayed in the Legia end.

Is it really that hard to ask everyone to keep their flags safe before the match?

EXACTLY! We need to wise up to this. They will try and steal as many flags as possible so always keep your eyes open.

QUOTE="Teddy bear, post: 4174832, member: 238"]When did Braga win the Eurooa League?[/QUOTE]
My bad made the final in 2011 but didn't win it

Just read there that ticket sales for them on Thursday are crap and they are expecting "huge swathes" of empty seats and not opening quite a bit of their upper tiers.
Attendance 58,675...its their propaganda machine

Getting worried about this tie now actually having a look at them they play sharp one touch passing and don't concede many goals aswell as two senior players capped by Portugal one of which makes them tic in midfield and a brazil winger luquinhas who looks like a world beater
It was never going to be easy. Im happy the first legs away. You never know how good a team is til you play them. If theyve any sense they wont come out at us as much as the danes and might be a lot more cagey. I do think we'll do it though, most of our best performances under Gerrard have been against decent teams of this kind of level, I kind of always fancy us to score away in Europe now

The flag thing might sound daft, maybe even a mistranslation, but my gf's sister's bf (are you following me?) is a Lech fan, and he was animatedly chirping away on his phone a while back because Legia had stolen a flag at one of their games. Apparently they treat it like an episode of Sharpe, the most unthinkable insult is to lose the King's colours to the enemy.

It worries me a bit, this mob would start a fight with Ghandi United. They are already drawing battlelines and issuing terms, there is bound to be trouble of some sort; we probably won't instigate it, but we will be landed with the blame of it in the media.

We also took around 10k to Paris in 2001 for the UEFA tie which saw us qualify for post-Christmas European football for the first time in ages.

There’s not many clubs who could rival our travelling support.
I was at Paris, Munich and Barca.
The Munich game was the one that you thought, wow!, what a support we have.
I was in the German main stand bit so I saw all the bears.
Being surrounded by Germans was strange until about 10 mins into the game and about 4 rows back the BB started up from another 20 odd bears!

I was at Paris, Munich and Barca.
The Munich game was the one that you thought, wow!, what a support we have.
I was in the German main stand bit so I saw all the bears.
Being surrounded by Germans was strange until about 10 mins into the game and about 4 rows back the BB started up from another 20 odd bears!

I was in amongst the 16,000 on the curva with all our flags trackside it felt like we were taking Europe that season . Most we’ve dominated an away European game and just couldn’t score . So wanted our end to explode with joy if just one chance had gone in . Mols injury just broke our hearts .

Me too mate, that was the largest travelling support outwith a final to attend a CL match I believe.

Barcelona was reported as around 20,000 at the time, I remember it being said that it was the biggest ever travelling support for a group game. We only had an official 5,000 allocation, but there were bears scattered all over the stadium, you could see them all at FT. There would have been a lot more if Francebillet the ticket agency hadn’t cancelled a shitload of tickets a few days before the game.

Last edited:
Yip just over 2 weeks after Christmas aswell, I’ll not forget the hofbrau in Berlin some sashbash, a toss up between there and Vienna for the coldest ive been at a game.
I was there at the haufbrau bierhalle, was unreal that night, they had to shut the doors as there was over 1500 bears inside! Then on the 2nd night someone let off the fire extinguisher and we all got papped oot

I was there at the haufbrau bierhalle, was unreal that night, they had to shut the doors as there was over 1500 bears inside! Then on the 2nd night someone let off the fire extinguisher and we all got papped oot

The biggest and best sash bash I think I’ve ever been at while following Rangers abroad. It was utter carnage in there, there were literally people swinging from the chandelier type lights:D They brought out a band/singer, probably thinking it would stop the singing, every song he tried to sing had a Rangers version though and he was drowned out:D

Barcelona was reported as around 20,000 at the time, I remember it being said that it was the biggest ever travelling support for a group game. We only had an official 5,000 allocation, but there were bears scattered all over the stadium, you could see them all at FT. There would have been a lot more if Francebillet the ticket agency hadn’t cancelled a shitload of tickets a few days before the game.

You are absolutely right, we had tickets through France Billet and if I remember right the Rhecord did everything at the time to expose it and highlight it. Times haven’t changed :rolleyes: Thankfully got tickets elsewhere but what a sham that was.

You are absolutely right, we had tickets through France Billet and if I remember right the Rhecord did everything at the time to expose it and highlight it. Times haven’t changed :rolleyes: Thankfully got tickets elsewhere but what a sham that was.

I had official tickets but also had a couple for my mates through Francebillet. We were there for 5 days and I ended up spending the best part of 2 days in a queue at the Nou Camp trying to get more tickets. They would only sell to those with a non U.K. passport, I managed to sweet talk two Swiss nationals into standing in the queue with me, with the promise of free tickets for them if they bought me some too.

What we need is a Union flag with %^*& the Celtic written upside down on it so that when it gets knicked and displayed by their Ultras everyone can see what we think of them.

I know, daft idea, but it's a quiet night in.
They will know exactly what we think of them!

Yep, you're right mate. I wasnt at that one and I meant to put at the time at the end of my Bayern post :D

Barcelona president at the time (Joan Laporte?) said on Local tv, “there’s 24,000 rangers fans coming over, it’s incredible “

I was there, had a ticket and didn’t make it to the game :eek:

The biggest and best sash bash I think I’ve ever been at while following Rangers abroad. It was utter carnage in there, there were literally people swinging from the chandelier type lights:D They brought out a band/singer, probably thinking it would stop the singing, every song he tried to sing had a Rangers version though and he was drowned out:D

It was unbelievable we jumped out a taxi heading into the place and my then Mrs at the time said aw i thought it would have been noisier/busier only two seconds later a rendition of follow follow started we walked into the place and as you said people swinging from the lights she just turned and laughed in awe :D

That was her first time abroad seeing us and she’s now a full time season ticket holder, she was one of us but never greatly into it so for her to now be a season ticket holder at least I done one thing right during that relationship.

Our support lost about 15 in Vienna..... wouldnt be laughing about them losing flags as i would be surprised if we don't see any of ours in the home end on Thursday.

Everyone needs to be wise on Thursday and keep their flags out of sight until they get to the ground.

Pure cringy , all this flag stealing pish .

The videos on YouTube of us doing the joey garner song are quality , still watch from time to time

Back