Rangers barrels

miraculous

Official Ticketer
I think you're onto a winner with the barrels - very nice. but i'm less sure about the clocks - does anyone use them any more? don't people get the time off their phone or PC? anyway good luck

Intrepid

Mate, how much?

I have to have this one.

I seasoned this cask with some ruby port. It now contains 2 bottles of Speyside malt. Should be nice.

Gazzabear v2.0

Not being a spirit drinker, but I think (and yes, I'm being a pain in the arse here) that a barrel with a clock face would be a cracking piece in a Rangers Den. The all look superb tbh.

Intrepid

I like them and if I had the space, I'd buy one.

Only thing is from my POV is, how easy is it to get the last 20% out? Assuming you have to tip it?
To totally empty the cask you simply pick it up with the bung removed, turn it over bung hole down and the open the valve. The cask will completely empty.

Blue Lew

Not my thing to be honest but I thoroughly respect the skill that has went into making them. A boy on our bus is a Cooper. It’s a tough and very skilful job.
Best of luck to the OP!

IrnSou

These look great, I prefer the traditional barrel over the Perspex but both look good! On my Xmas list along with a couple of bottles to fill it.

rupertdabear

very nice mate ,some hours into making them i'd say .well done and hope it goes well for you.
great to see tradional skills flourshing .
are we allowed to put irish in them as in bush :))

Dave570

Do you mean put a clock face on the barrel end?
Reply 2. Just thinking possibly stupidly but for people who have no interest in Whiskey I am sure you could use the barrel for some device that changes the face of the clock colour or maybe even players faces. I am probably rumbling on.

devilman

The wee barrels look excellent. Not a massive fan of the clocks but I think there genuinely would still be a fair bit of interest in them. The barrels on the other hand must surely generate a lot of interest. A great gift for someone, great for someone to have in their blue room - something that would look good sitting in a bar as well.

flootbon

Cheers flootbon. Oak is porous. Any stain or dye you apply could contaminate the contents of the cask.
If the cask is for display only the staining and or vanishing is definitely an option.
The casks hold 1.4 Litres (2 bottles).

Thanks for that. Some whiskies are distasteful at the best of times, without contamination.

The size is too large for me. A bottle, or even half bottle, would be a better option. I'd look into what size of barrel potential customers would prefer.

Bakubear

2 bottles, they looked smaller in first picture to me however on my way over to site now - great idea

ps cant find personalised with tap ?

IslayGer

I'll definitely be going for a barrel and clock. Keeping the barrel topped up will be a problem though. ;)

Aragorn

A welcome addition to all the 'Man caves/Blue Room's'.

If and when you get the license from Rangers would certainly be interested.

Southsidefollower

There is no coating inside the barrel. The inside of the cask is lightly charred in exactly the same way as full size barrels. There is no glue, sealant, resin. The are made from ex Macallan casks. Just oak and stainless steel.

having worked for Macallan the market for ex Macallan casks is huge! They alone would be worth a fortune!

Bristol_bnose3

Just a suggestion - the non personalised ones may appeal to more people with less of your company branding on them.

I personally wouldn’t spend over £100 on something like that if it is basically an advertisement for the company I bought it from on both the front and the stand.

Just my honest feedback - Big respect for anyone who’s got a skill like this and wish you every success with the venture.

I've recently started a business making 1.4L whisky barrels. They are made from ex whisky casks. They are aimed at the 2m whisky tourists who visit whisky distilleries each year. However, I was prompted by a thread on here which asked what products you would like to see in the post Fatso Rangers shop. I made some prototype Rangers barrels. I also made some clocks (also in solid oak)
I've been in contact with Scott Morrison (head of commercial partnerships) at the club. He feels that the Rangers support would be interested in Rangers branded wee whisky barrels.
It would help if you were to give me some feedback on the wee barrels (and clocks).
The wee barrels are perfectly functional in that they will further mature any spirit you put in the cask. It needn't be whisky. They will work with bourbon, vodka, rum, gin. Any spirit really.
I displayed the prototypes recently at the memorabilia day at the Louden (Thank you Robert).
As for price, I would have get some agreement with the club before I know what this would be at the shop.
So, whadya think?

Probably a silly question, are you able to ship to Perth Australia by any chance?

Intrepid

Probably a silly question, are you able to ship to Perth Australia by any chance?
Yes. I've sent some to the US. I'd be delighted to ship them down under.
I can stencil whatever you want on the cask.
Your name, your bar, your RSC, your event.
And to answer Bristol bnose's point #70 similarly. You can have personalised messages on the stand too.

Intrepid

2 bottles, they looked smaller in first picture to me however on my way over to site now - great idea

ps cant find personalised with tap ?
Hi Bakubear,
Can I get back to you later today? My IT guru won't be until this afternoon
I'll message you.

Bakubear

Hi Bakubear,
Can I get back to you later today? My IT guru won't be until this afternoon
I'll message you.

Take your time as expect with the note on this forum you may get swamped and rightly so for such a great product. I wont be back in Blighty till end of year at best and also may need to ask permission from my CEO / finance director - or just take the crap from her later as usual )

hunter1rfc

Official Ticketer
Not being an expert on whisky etc i assume you can pour a bottle into the cask And it won’t go off

my old man likes a whisky now and again

change consent