Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

Changing the words is pandering nonsense.

When will people finally understand that TBB and supposed sectarianism is not the issue or the target, RANGERS is.

The billy boy went away for years much to my disgust and during that period we then were told penny arcade, the bouncy and even the hokey fucking cokey was sectarian.

Pandering has already been proven not to work they will just keep coming after us, change a word then what? They’ll find something else.

No Surrender, ever.

So can't we test that theory and see how it holds up?

I must have missed the time when UEFA fined us over Penny Arcade, The Bouncy and The Hokey Cokey (when the hell was that sung on Euro nights!?).

If this incident is over the singing of TBB then your whole argument falls apart.

TBB was the target. We continued to sing it. Now part of the stadium is closed for a MASSIVE match.

Here is what DID NOT happen. We sang TBB. UEFA said "don't sing that". So we stopped. Then UEFA said "The Bouncy is sectarian, part of the stadium closed for next match".

What you are proposing is a massive "what if" with no supporting evidence outside of a few raving lunatics who say the hokey cokey is sectarian. Lunatics that UEFA are not listening to anyway.

Changing the words is pandering nonsense.

When will people finally understand that TBB and supposed sectarianism is not the issue or the target, RANGERS is.

The billy boy went away for years much to my disgust and during that period we then were told penny arcade, the bouncy and even the hokey fucking cokey was sectarian.

Pandering has already been proven not to work they will just keep coming after us, change a word then what? They’ll find something else.

No Surrender, ever.

But those suggestions of Penny Arcade were laughed off by all reasonable people, including the Club. It’s of little relevance to today’s conversation.

Ok, no surrender. No support in the ground. No participation in competitions. And so on.

I would have thought the strongest response was to sort out the issue and be as good on the field without these distractions.

Hugely embarrassing to who? Honestly to who? The mentally challengeds board closed their standing section down as punishment for pyro displays, what embarrassment did this cause them? Genuinely nobody actually cares about things like that. PR? PR to who? People who hate us, hate us and people who like us, love us. No uefa sanction is changing that.

The battle is lost because our club are just as cowardly as the Murray/Bain era.

19th Century Terrorist does not mean catholic.
Of course it is fvcking embarrassing. It is all over every news outlet in the uk right now. Folk with no agenda either way will see us as sectarian bigots. How the %^*& is that not embarrassing for our club?

So sick of this, you clearly haven’t paid attention.

The billy boys went away for years and while it was they came after penny arcade, the bouncy and the Hokey Cokey.

We stopped singing the billy boys and it didn’t appease them, we stopped playing the full version of simply the best and it didn’t appease them, we stopped singing the famine song and it didn’t appease them.

I could understand the handwringer position if it was a genuine option but it has literally been proven to us that pandering didn’t work.

Fight back and stop allowing 19th Century Terrorist bastards to decide our songs mean whatever suits them to damage us.
Well done, you've just got us part of our stand shut for a massive game on Thursday.

Honestly, congratulations.

The billy boys went away for years and while it was they came after penny arcade, the bouncy and the Hokey Cokey.

We stopped singing the billy boys and it didn’t appease them, we stopped playing the full version of simply the best and it didn’t appease them, we stopped singing the famine song and it didn’t appease them.

I could understand the handwringer position if it was a genuine option but it has literally been proven to us that pandering didn’t work.

Fight back and stop allowing 19th Century Terrorist bastards to decide our songs mean whatever suits them to damage us.

If only you would pay attention to what errect its having on our club right now. Instead you come out with pish like the above, no wonder we are where we are with clowns that bury their heads in the sand. Grow up

Correct the club needs to tell us exactly what can’t be sang and what is getting classed as sectarian

Sorry RFC 1976. But if you can’t work that out for yourself then there ain’t much hope for us. And this coming from an old fart who has sung everything in my 50 years of follow follow. I’m no shrinking violet but times have changed. Not always for the better

Hugely embarrassing to who? Honestly to who? The mentally challengeds board closed their standing section down as punishment for pyro displays, what embarrassment did this cause them? Genuinely nobody actually cares about things like that. PR? PR to who? People who hate us, hate us and people who like us, love us. No uefa sanction is changing that.

The battle is lost because our club are just as cowardly as the Murray/Bain era.

You don't think headlines saying our ground is closed to due to racist chanting isn't embarrassing?

How are they sectarian? The sash is a song which doesn't even mention Catholics, how can it be against their sect when there is no mention of them.

Remember, pro protestant songs aren't by default anti Catholic.

Whether or not not these have a place at Ibrox is a different discussion.

Agree..It’s the add ons which need to stop unfortunately can’t see some of our support doing it.

Fűck sake just when you thought we were back to talking about the actual football matches this shite comes at us! :mad::mad:

Rightly or wrongly people need to stop shouting the word 19th Century Terrorist. Fűck sake it's not that hard is it. Same folk though who will probably be singing constantly about the Lisbon lions against them, fűcking brain dead stuff in this climate that's got us here unfortunately.

Why are folk continually mentioning FARE ? It was the Norwegian UEFA deligate that reported it.

Not everything has to be a fucking conspiracy or clandestine dealings by a Catholic elite out to get Rangers. Sometimes it's just arseholes in our support that care more about singing shite songs than harming the club.

Sorry RFC 1976. But if you can’t work that out for yourself then there ain’t much hope for us. And this coming from an old fart who has sung everything in my 50 years of follow follow. I’m no shrinking violet but times have changed. Not always for the better

The Billy Boys is a given surely everyone knows and understands that I agree but what else is being classed as sectarian as there are several loyalist songs sung which are in now way sectarian but yet might be classed by uefa as sectarian so can you tell me what is and isn’t classed as sectarian ??

Judgement.

Capture.png

Note to UEFA - Sectarianism is not racism. Point blank. Sect v Race.

Sure. My point is it is absolutely imperative that in home EUROPEAN games we have to make certain we are utterly bulletproof. Sing nothing that could even remotely get us into trouble.
I agree. But let's take that into the domestic games as well, because you can be damn sure the sfa will be delighted by this today and will be actively looking for a way to replicate it.

You don't think headlines saying our ground is closed to due to racist chanting isn't embarrassing?
Embarrassing to who? I know we don’t sing anything racist so no I’m not embarrassed one bit and I’d love to see a massive anti-uefa display this Thursday with the billy boys loud and proud.

Would love to see this defender by our club considering we are literally factually in the right.

Rangers name being linked with 'racism' and 'sectarianism' and having our stands closed is embarrassing to me anyway. And I don't think the sponsors and our board of directors will be too keen on it either.

How are they sectarian? The sash is a song which doesn't even mention Catholics, how can it be against their sect when there is no mention of them.

Remember, pro protestant songs aren't by default anti Catholic.

Whether or not not these have a place at Ibrox is a different discussion.

Mate, I’m only saying what some acquaintances are saying to me. I agree with you. My point is to some Away In A Manger is sectarian.
I 100% agree with you, hence we need a list issued.

This post typifies the attitude that today has our club tarred as sectarian over every news outlet in the UK.

Your post is shite. If factually incorrect we have never been punished for singing the Hokey Cokey or penny arcade.

Stop making up pish to try and defend your Neanderthal attitude.

Sectarian singing has to stop. End off. What bit of that can you not understand?

Why are folk continually mentioning FARE ? It was the Norwegian UEFA deligate that reported it.

Not everything has to be a fucking conspiracy or clandestine dealings by a Catholic elite out to get Rangers. Sometimes it's just arseholes in our support that care more about singing shite songs than harming the club.
You can bet your house that FARE have made representations to the match delegate over coffee etc

Embarrassing to who? I know we don’t sing anything racist so no I’m not embarrassed one bit and I’d love to see a massive anti-uefa display this Thursday with the billy boys loud and proud.

Would love to see this defender by our club considering we are literally factually in the right.
Wow.

I personally don't join in with the singing about popes, bobby sands or indeed 19th Century Terrorists. I also wish that those do would stop as they know it can affect our club, Manager and team. However I genuinely don't understand why we are punished because some fans insist on using the word 19th Century Terrorist. How can that be deemed offensive when that is how the scum refer to themselves? Even to the extent of parading huge banners calling themselves such? As far as I know Fare have never reported the scum, even when that club deliberately play tunes over their tannoy they know are used by their support to sing songs about terrorists. I also don't understand how the scum can receive 11 charges in 7 years and yet have never even been threatened with stand closures. I am extremely unhappy with our chairman for using the word racist as if Irish catholics are a race. They are not but now that our own club has used that term we will be called racist forever more. Well done Dave.

Given the quote "the area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters" I assume that means BF1?

Rangers name being linked with 'racism' and 'sectarianism' and having our stands closed is embarrassing to me anyway. And I don't think the sponsors and our board of directors will be too keen on it either.
Man Utd just had to release a statement because so many of their fans were racist towards Pogba their own player, they earn more per year in sponsorship that we do in decades combined.

The mentally challengeds have had 83734 million fines from uefa and it hasn’t stopped their sponsorship being higher than ours.

Say whatever you want you are factually in the wrong.

If they close off BF1 and ban the UB, Ibrox will have a completely dire atmosphere. You need them to be starting songs and encouraging folk to sing. Maybe it’s time to stop singing the Billy Boys all together but Gerrard will not get the atmosphere he wants without the UB.

Embarrassing to the whole club. The club have created a new everyone anyone campaign then a few weeks later we're headline news for racist/sectarian chanting and having our ground closed.

You think that's not embarrassing aye?

Sadly this still won’t stop folk. Our songbook is rubbish and needs a total revamp. Anyone suggesting that people are out to get us needs to wisen up. Don’t sing the songs you KNOW aren’t accepted. No point digging heels in and trying to be uber staunch when all it does is hurt the club. I’m embarrassed to be a fan when I read some of the guff on here.

1. You can't appeal UEFA disciplinary decisions, so stop saying 'appeal'.
2. While FARE will be involved, the official UEFA delegate is the one who has made the repot.
3. The word 'racist' is a slight red herring. It refers to sectarian singing, not songs against people of colour etc.
4. There's a hell of a lot of whataboutery on here.
5. Stop singing these songs in Europe. We can still sing what we like domestically.

No we can’t. Sectarian singing has to stop. You think we are 6 clear at Xmas they won’t start the same shite in Scotland?

What will it take for you to get the message into your head? Then winning 9 in a row because of a point deduction?

Waken up the world has moved in.

Man Utd just had to release a statement because so many of their fans were racist towards Pogba their own player, they earn more per year in sponsorship that we do in decades combined.

The mentally challengeds have had 83734 million fines from uefa and it hasn’t stopped their sponsorship being higher than ours.

Say whatever you want you are factually in the wrong.

He's factually in the wrong? As in, the board and sponsors WOULD be happy that we're being done for "racism"?

Back