Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

Im slaughtering BF1 on here

But.

Rangers should indeed appeal. It is miles outwith the time limits for disciplinary / protest proceedings.

All UEFA disciplinary communication on 12th August related to events in August.

Something stinks very high up the chain here.

If this issue was raised at the time the stuff I’ve been shaking my head at since does not happen.

Therefore I can only conclude that submission to UEFA was held back until it would actually damage Rangers FC.

I did warn everybody that FARE were ready with their pens and paper , they’ve been to every uefa game at Ibrox and I also said they were furious last year that their complaints were ignored by uefa .

It just made them even more determined to “ nail “ us this year
, now here we are .

The club need to ask for proof of chanting or refuse the fine . Ban FARE from our ground otherwise this will never stop .

I’ll also add - STOP singing about bobby sands, the pope and 19th Century Terrorists- nobody wants to hear that shite anymore at our games .

What's your evidence for this?

All of what you say is true. We have been targeted by FARE.

However, the reality is: it doesn’t matter. We can’t argue on finer points of what it means, we can’t complain about what the tims do, we can’t go to court.

If UEFA say ‘you sung this and it’s not allowed’ we get done, end of story.
To many people giving it they do this and they sing that at the end of the day like you said if people are singing stuff that's clearly not allowed we'll be done for it. Maybe closing the broomloan front will be a wake up call that certain fans might need

Yeah i do. If one of them continues to disobey the rules then the punishmemt gets harder until they learn.
If they both do the same thing, 1 for the first time and 1 for the 10th time then the one doing it again and again gets a harder punishment because he's been told multiple times before not to do it.

I think you’ve missed my point.
It wasn’t about repeat offences.

How to this mob FARE get tickets ? Do they purchase them via public sale or do they go through UEFA ?

They must be stopped getting inside our stadium.

Im slaughtering BF1 on here

But.

Rangers should indeed appeal. It is miles outwith the time limits for disciplinary / protest proceedings.

All UEFA disciplinary communication on 12th August related to events in August.

Something stinks very high up the chain here.

If this issue was raised at the time the stuff I’ve been shaking my head at since does not happen.

Therefore I can only conclude that submission to UEFA was held back until it would actually damage Rangers FC.

Let's be honest here for a minute, do you really think UEFA have messed up something so simple when charging us?

Agree mate. We need a list.
People on here say drop them all apart from the sash and Derry’s walls. Why these 2? I know people who will argue these are sectarian.

How are they sectarian? The sash is a song which doesn't even mention Catholics, how can it be against their sect when there is no mention of them.

Remember, pro protestant songs aren't by default anti Catholic.

Whether or not not these have a place at Ibrox is a different discussion.

Are people on here fucking stupid?

‘Rangers must say what songs are allowed...FARE must be investigated...etc.’

If people genuinely can’t work out what’s right and wrong themselves they should be in Carstairs.

Sing songs about Rangers. Only Rangers. Don’t use the word 19th Century Terrorist. And while we’re at it stop any songs about the UVF.

FARE are out to get us. We know that. But stop bloody giving them stuff to get us with.

There are some absolute selfish pricks in our support. Call them out.

or please can the club call FARE out as a biased organisation that arent FARE and are ignoring anti Protestant sectarianism and anti British racist songs sung by Celtic fans and who totally failed to report their fans throwing missiles the other week at the Cluj players..

throwing stuff is worse than somebody singing a song? :D

they've been done about 50 times by UEFA in the last 10 years, probably paid for a lot of Christmas parties but never had a closure of a stand? the question that comes to mind is "why?"
Still has nothing to do with this incident and the punishment given. Just because they have acted like idiots doesn't mean that we should or that when we do, we shouldn't be punished.

Fine, we don’t get many away game tickets now in Scotland. What was 1st song of new season live on TV. Yes, Bobby Sands what has he got to do with our great club ...1st song of season - why not ban all those issued for tickets for that game and start highlighting we won’t put up with it any more?
Don't be so stupid, try engaging your brain before commenting. I and many more were at that game and didn't engage in that dirge.

First and foremost I have repeatedly said (not because I don’t like the song) but because we’re just walking into a green white and gold trap. Although non RCs are in the majority They Are In Power, Fare, the spouse is an ardent hater of RFC, the Scum have top twenty of Terrorist Songs and banners. They have been fined so many times by UEFA, they’ve got a Direct Debit set up, their punishment, slap on the hands. Sorry but our Directors should be decrying the Hypocrisy of officialdom. However the bottom line, and the majority are the young brigade, must and Have to stop singing this, “Till” We the non RCs are in a position of Strength, Remember Vote The Republicans Out!

Read the statement - uefa include sectarian chants within their definition of racism. Stop blaming the board and start looking at some of our own support who have caused this

why not be expecting the board to call out FARE for the biased organisation they are? Does FARE not care about anti Protestant sectarian abuse and anti British racism then? is hat allowed and not to be reported. they are called FARE after all but frankly arent!

Please do tell. They like to call themselves it - so what's the problem?
To be honest i agree with your sentiment, but it's pretty clear that by singing about 19th Century Terrorists is going to get us in bother, so is it not easier to stop than defend and justify our right to sing it?

Changing the words is pandering nonsense.

When will people finally understand that TBB and supposed sectarianism is not the issue or the target, RANGERS is.

The billy boy went away for years much to my disgust and during that period we then were told penny arcade, the bouncy and even the hokey fucking cokey was sectarian.

Pandering has already been proven not to work they will just keep coming after us, change a word then what? They’ll find something else.

No Surrender, ever.
The battle for TBB was lost in 2006. Singing it has now resulted in a partial stadium closure. Not only is this hugely embarrassing and horrendous PR, it could also negatively affect the atmosphere on a huge night for the club. I despair at some of the shite posted on this thread. 'Handwringers' etc, some people need to wisen up. The filth and their allies absolutely LOVE IT when these songs are belted out.

Not true. We don't know what we can and can't sing, thats the point. Stop the Billy Boys for years what happened? Build My Gallows is targeted.

Ah, Build My Gallows. That famous Rangers song. I especially like the bit that mentions Ibrox and Rangers etc.

Cracking tune. How hard would it be to come up with alternative lyrics?

It seemed to become popular on Euro nights around the mid to late 2000s, right?

So what I'm saying is if the support at large adopted a song that had largely not been sung at games previously then it would have been just as easy for that song to be adopted with Rangers related lyrics.

We managed it with Every Saturday We Follow so I don't see how we can't just do the same in the future.

I'm not liking the racism angle at all. When did sectarianism become a racism?

When the anti-British became a race.

The fact is that the chants/songs are not motivated by racism or sectarianism, they are actually anti our football rivals. However, we'been told we can't sing the words for years and never really challenged this except among each other.

Round of a applause for the “we do what we want” brigade. Yeah we all know we get punished more severely and singled out and it’s bollocks, but that doesn’t cancel out the sheer stupidity of giving them the ammo time and time again.

I get it man, I really do. Celtic sing and do what they want so people think we should get away with the same. The clubs been asking us to stop singing these songs since I got my ST 18 years ago.
At some point we need to stop, and also we need to fight against the fact that mob get away with it. But we can’t do that while still singing this kind of stuff.

People that continue to sing that stuff are absolute morons. They clearly don’t care about the club.

on another note. I don’t get how you can get fined for singing “sectarian” songs. Religion is completely fake and made up. There is zero proof any of it is real. Yet the law seems to treat it as real. Bizarre.
It's a good job Hitchens is dead , if he was alive today he would probably be doing jail time .

It's all fucking nonsense but the truth is we were warned.

Is there parity with the yahoos , of course there isn't but we need to police ourselves here.

We know they will go after us and take great pleasure in doing so.

Last edited:
1. You can't appeal UEFA disciplinary decisions, so stop saying 'appeal'.
2. While FARE will be involved, the official UEFA delegate is the one who has made the repot.
3. The word 'racist' is a slight red herring. It refers to sectarian singing, not songs against people of colour etc.
4. There's a hell of a lot of whataboutery on here.
5. Stop singing these songs in Europe. We can still sing what we like domestically.

Last edited:
If we get to the group stages - we should take zero away tickets!
Seems extreme but sections of our support are a liability!
If folk think we are being targeted now - times it by 10 going forward

%^*& off. I should be punished from not getting to go to an away game because a group at a home game sang certain songs? Good one.

This is happening to us right now, rightly or wrongly, we get our own house in order. Then we can go after them
So sick of this, you clearly haven’t paid attention.

The billy boys went away for years and while it was they came after penny arcade, the bouncy and the Hokey Cokey.

We stopped singing the billy boys and it didn’t appease them, we stopped playing the full version of simply the best and it didn’t appease them, we stopped singing the famine song and it didn’t appease them.

I could understand the handwringer position if it was a genuine option but it has literally been proven to us that pandering didn’t work.

Fight back and stop allowing 19th Century Terrorist bastards to decide our songs mean whatever suits them to damage us.

Changing the words is pandering nonsense.

When will people finally understand that TBB and supposed sectarianism is not the issue or the target, RANGERS is.

The billy boy went away for years much to my disgust and during that period we then were told penny arcade, the bouncy and even the hokey fucking cokey was sectarian.

Pandering has already been proven not to work they will just keep coming after us, change a word then what? They’ll find something else.

No Surrender, ever.

We weer done in Eindhoven when TBB wasn't even sung and were not told what was sung.

That is what we face.

2. While FARE will be involved, the official UEFA delegate is the one who has made the repot.
3. The word 'racist' is a slight red herring. It refers to sectarian siging., not songs against people of colour etc.
5. Stop singing these songs in Europe. We can still sing what we like domestically.

use the fucking word sectarian then

This thread is depressing as it shows the battle lines being drawn among the support...something that has been building for a while. The younger, 'woke' fans, want control and see us as dinosaurs....they smell blood I think. There is a growing number of fans who see us a sport team, and little else.

I was born into the club and know exactly what is about. Those traditions meant we were huge, but more importantly one of a handful of clubs globally who WERE 'more than a club'. We genuinely served a community, a demographic. That is being attacked every day, week and month by our own, by Scottish nationalists, by Scum fans, by chattering class 'opinion formers', by sport media, and I fear many are ready to give in to them for a 'peaceful life'.

I hate when we have division and are fighting each other....it weakens us and helps only Nonce FC.

Here we go with this again...

Can you tell us what tradition you grew up in that would require you to sing about Bobby Sands?

Is it time for the club to come out and implicitly tell us what can/can't be sung?

I know folk will say we shouldn't need told, and i agree we shouldn't, but is that what it will take to get it into some folk's heads?

Cant close it as Legia have part of the Broomloan Front too. If they close the remaining section, they will also have to close part of the rear.
Maybe close part all of Broomloan Rear then?
If all tickets have been sold it will affect the next Euro home game probably

This conversation isn't for sheep that go through their lives happily being told what they can and cannot do, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

It currently needs to stop because it's hurting the club, but to go quietly about it is cowardly in the extreme. We're talking about a word that has no bearing on any decent human being to be offended by. Nobody has a right to be offended by 19th Century Terrorist.

The such casual use of the term 'racist' is a disgrace. Our fans do not sing racist songs.

The use of the word needs brought to task because it's our most rousing song and to simply roll over about it is pathetic.

I say that as an atheist with no connection to troubles across the water. The principal of it is important, because anyone can be offended by anything these days and it drives the entire narrative. We're now being labelled racist by our own board for singing it.

Fare were pissed off that they were ignored last year when trying to cripple us with their anti Rangers and friends of the IRAoke at the paedodome organisations report, so they found someone else to do their dirty deeds for them with the Norwegian Eufa observer, just a scum organisation behaving like scum.
We know where their allegiances lie and what they are really about, it needs to be highlighted everywhere and to the right people this is one dirty unfair organisation, regardless of what is said this and that should stop we are being targeted unfairly, it is victimisation by them on a grand scale.

3. The word 'racist' is a slight red herring. It refers to sectarian siging., not songs against people of colour etc.

Number 3 shows how many people haven't actually read what we were charged under.

It literally mentions sectarian singing in the next sentence.

The battle for TBB was lost in 2006. Singing it has now resulted in a partial stadium closure. Not only is this hugely embarrassing and horrendous PR, it could also negatively affect the atmosphere on a huge night for the club. I despair at some of the shite posted on this thread. 'Handwringers' etc, some people need to wisen up. The filth and their allies absolutely LOVE IT when these songs are belted out.
Hugely embarrassing to who? Honestly to who? The mentally challengeds board closed their standing section down as punishment for pyro displays, what embarrassment did this cause them? Genuinely nobody actually cares about things like that. PR? PR to who? People who hate us, hate us and people who like us, love us. No uefa sanction is changing that.

The battle is lost because our club are just as cowardly as the Murray/Bain era.

19th Century Terrorist does not mean catholic.

Can see the club shutting trying to finish the union bears now. Let's be honest they would rather we all just sat silent anyway.

We really can't.

No we can't. Or, at least, we can for now?

I expect SFA punishment this season for songs sung by our fans on a "well UEFA told you not to, so we are punishing you also"

Back