Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

I don’t get how you can get stands closed for singing “sectarian” songs. Religion is completely fake and made up. There is zero proof any of it is real. Yet the law seems to treat it as such.

However the cover up of Historic Child Abuse !!!

may have been covered haven't read the full thread, but was liewell not just elected on to Uefa recently? this seems a bit fishy to me.

This thread sums up the problem: It's Lawwells fault, the club need to fight back, what about them, I don't know what I can/can't sing, FARE pick on us.

Absolute shite. We all know what shouldn't be sung so stop doing it.

Not true. We don't know what we can and can't sing, thats the point. Stop the Billy Boys for years what happened? Build My Gallows is targeted.

Are you for real?!?! Do you know anything about FARE?

Who exactly was offended by these songs? Can you explain it to me? The floor is yours...
Its not about who is offended now. We've been told not to sing them, yet some continue to sing them, knowing the club could face sanctions. Is that ok with you?

I tell my kids not to do something, if they do it again they get punished, so they dont. Its not hard to understand.

It doesnt matter who Fare are, if they have any clout with UEFA whatsoever then we have to follow their rules.

This has been in the post since last season. An absolute stitch up. The punishment seems extremely harsh considering the mob across the city seemed to receive fines left, right and centre for fan behaviour in previous years.

They don’t have an ‘impartial’ arbiter reporting them every game for something though, as they are usually in the home end at the time.

We are 100% at fault as a support (well the people that sing are) so we have to take this on the chin.

I personally find it hard for us to constantly have to police our own activity while other clubs are getting away with the same fucking crime.

Either apply the rules or dont - you wont hear fans complaining if they know that everyone is treated the same but that just isnt the case.

It's hard to imagine that in 2019 UEFA would let a loosely affiliated group (not even officially part of UEFA) hand them evidence compiled by Celtic fans, against Rangers fans, and then accept it all at face value. Would other clubs allow this?

Interesting to note that when they targeted PSV away game back in the day it was their FIRST AND ONLY 'special investigation'. Not Raheem Sterling, not Russian clubs throwing bananas, but us...and only us.
This is obviously an issue, and the club should be damn well taking it as far as they can as to why we seem to be targetted above others.

However it doesn't escape from the fact that some of our fans just seem unwilling to stop with the stupid fvcking songs that get us in this position.

We follow Glasgow Rangers, our hearts are strong and true.
We are the people who cheer the boys in blue.

The original version should be blasted out over the tannoy with the correct words on the screen.

It wouldn't take long to claim our song back and keep Ibrox as a hostile environment for visiting clubs.

Courage and leadership is all that's required.

Its not about who is offended now. We've been told not to sing them, yet some continue to sing them, knowing the club could face sanctions. Is that ok with you?

I tell my kids not to do something, if they do it again they get punished, so they dont. Its not hard to understand.

It doesnt matter who Fare are, if they have any clout with UEFA whatsoever then we have to follow their rules.

Do you punish one of your children more harshly for a lesser offence than one of the others has committed?

Should help with self policing.... %^*& missing out on your seat because some fanny cant hold themselves together.

Not true. We don't know what we can and can't sing, thats the point. Stop the Billy Boys for years what happened? Build My Gallows is targeted.
Sorry but that’s simply not true. Stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists/catholics or the pope and the problem goes away. INSTANTLY. The permA-offended may not like some of our other songs but they will never result in a fine or a stand closure.

Have UEFA given the club a citation and hearing ?

Surely any accused person club or group have to have the opportunity to make a defence and ask for proof etc

Even a mass murderer caught with a gun is entitled to a court case but UEFA seem to think they are above the law when in fact they are not

Football is f.ucked if you can rape 100’s of kids. Cover it up for 5 decades and the footballing governing bodies give zero punishment for the crimes committed

Sing a song about a 19th Century Terrorist and you get partial ground closures and fines

UEFA are a disgusting and corrupt organisation

Anyone blaming FARE or the 'But look what they sing' crowd need their heads checked. Noone else is to blame for this except us.

We've been warned time and time again but the 'Sing what I want' mob tarnish our club over and over with - whether you agree with it or not - songs that we simply can't sing anymore.

Raging as this could potentially be my area that's closed.

And we could have altered the words. But too many fans are wedded to the idea that we HAVE to refer to 19th Century Terrorists as part of the lyrics.

If we didn't, we could have had the song back a decade ago.
Changing the words is pandering nonsense.

When will people finally understand that TBB and supposed sectarianism is not the issue or the target, RANGERS is.

The billy boy went away for years much to my disgust and during that period we then were told penny arcade, the bouncy and even the hokey fucking cokey was sectarian.

Pandering has already been proven not to work they will just keep coming after us, change a word then what? They’ll find something else.

No Surrender, ever.

There’s been nigh on 20 years of the club asking for this to stop.
The usual “we’ll sing what we want cos them across the city do” has been pedalled for years by the same people.
There’s no excuse in 2019 to be singing about religion at a Rangers match, especially when a large chunk our team are catholic’s.

Never mind what Celtic do. It’s what we do that matter. Any reference to them as a defence for us is just a pathetic attempt at deflection. We the fans are in the wrong.
The club are now having to cop the punishment because a portion refuse to get with the times. They should hang their head in shame. “Loyal” indeed!

Not so sure, this reads like it was a recent meeting and this decision has been made after our other games.

It specifically mentions the St Josephs game. We have had another 2 since then which will no doubt be reported by FARE too.

Ajax had a banner that said f*nian bastards and only got a £20,00 fine
Not sure how they can justify this?

Yes, always started from the same area. We do look at them for leadership, this is true. But they are not the all positive force you'd think they were listening to them.

1. They don't join in with another song when it starts else where.
2. They CONSTANTLY criticise, attack or go against the club on the issue of safe standing - which if this behaviour continues- they'll never get.
3. They forced an end to the smoking area in the BF area due to songs and behaviour toward police.
4. THAT FUCKING FLYER.

I don't want to be overly critical of them. They are- normally- a good addition, and some of the displays have been fantastic. However they insist on the banned songs and they insist on trying to be 'controversial'. They need reigned in. The banned songs or a Bobby Sands reference or a UVF song is normally the 1st or 2nd song after the PA goes off and the Blue Sea dies down.
That’s ridiculous to put that purely on the UB

This thread is depressing as it shows the battle lines being drawn among the support...something that has been building for a while. The younger, 'woke' fans, want control and see us as dinosaurs....they smell blood I think. There is a growing number of fans who see us a sport team, and little else.

I was born into the club and know exactly what is about. Those traditions meant we were huge, but more importantly one of a handful of clubs globally who WERE 'more than a club'. We genuinely served a community, a demographic. That is being attacked every day, week and month by our own, by Scottish nationalists, by Scum fans, by chattering class 'opinion formers', by sport media, and I fear many are ready to give in to them for a 'peaceful life'.

I hate when we have division and are fighting each other....it weakens us and helps only Nonce FC.

What had that got to do with our fans costing our club by singing unacceptable songs?

throwing stuff is worse than somebody singing a song? :D

they've been done about 50 times by UEFA in the last 10 years, probably paid for a lot of Christmas parties but never had a closure of a stand? the question that comes to mind is "why?"

Sadly we only have ourselves to blame for this. We walked into this after repeated pleas and warnings from our club. Being expelled from Europe is what will eventually await us if it continues.

It's simple now don't sing those songs with add ons. Sing songs about Rangers. What's going to happen now is that every lady's front bottom in the media here will be jumping on the bandwagon saying is uefa are punishing us the Sfa should be doing the same thing. I despise the Catholic church but i dont think Ibrox is the place to express my feelings towards it. We know what Fare are all about we've got to be wise to it.

Doesn't matter if it's a one way street, time and time again the club have asked us to stop. It's our own fault sadly.

If we get to the group stages - we should take zero away tickets!
Seems extreme but sections of our support are a liability!
If folk think we are being targeted now - times it by 10 going forward

This thread is depressing as it shows the battle lines being drawn among the support...something that has been building for a while. The younger, 'woke' fans, want control and see us as dinosaurs....they smell blood I think. There is a growing number of fans who see us a sport team, and little else.

I was born into the club and know exactly what is about. Those traditions meant we were huge, but more importantly one of a handful of clubs globally who WERE 'more than a club'. We genuinely served a community, a demographic. That is being attacked every day, week and month by our own, by Scottish nationalists, by Scum fans, by chattering class 'opinion formers', by sport media, and I fear many are ready to give in to them for a 'peaceful life'.

I hate when we have division and are fighting each other....it weakens us and helps only Nonce FC.

You do realise its the younger fans, members of the UB, who started the chanting which has resulted in this punishment?

IMO the punishment is disproportionate to the crime. They have a rap sheet with UEFA gong back 15 years and I don’t remember a stand getting closed at theirs. I know I should not make comparisons, but it’s an over the top punishment.

Do you punish one of your children more harshly for a lesser offence than one of the others has committed?
Yeah i do. If one of them continues to disobey the rules then the punishment gets harder until they learn.
If they both do the same thing, 1 for the first time and 1 for the 10th time then the one doing it again and again gets a harder punishment because he's been told multiple times before not to do it.

Back