Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

It’s been coming. We are our own worst enemies. Club say constantly to not sing certain songs, we know what songs they are. And yet we continue. I’ll be honest - I doubt this will stop certain fans, I’m not sure what will. The club must be tearing their hair out.

And the big worry here is it opens up the sfa to punish the club - the gates are open.

The question does need to be asked - who do FARE only attend Rangers games. If they do attend Celtic games or other clubs then why do they not ever report on them?

Maybe if we focus on the idiots causing part of the stadium to be closed rather than the people desperate for it to happen, we might get somewhere.

as others have said, thats for them to get their house in order and whataboutery

total bullshit! its for our club to grow a bloody spine and stand up for the support and please save that whatboutery shit! its only cowards that use that Spiers-esque crap!

if FARE really were FARE then they would have reported their anti protestant sectarian singing and racist anti British songs.. they didnt because the head of Fare and his wife are Celtic fans!

Last edited:
it will be games behind closed doors next and if fare have reported us for all the games then if we make the group stages i expect thats when we will get that punishment. Celtc on the other hand can continue to thrown stuff at players and sing the bile they sing and get away with it without a word being mentioned.

Are people on here fucking stupid?

‘Rangers must say what songs are allowed...FARE must be investigated...etc.’

If people genuinely can’t work out what’s right and wrong themselves they should be in Carstairs.

Sing songs about Rangers. Only Rangers. Don’t use the word 19th Century Terrorist. And while we’re at it stop any songs about the UVF.

FARE are out to get us. We know that. But stop bloody giving them stuff to get us with.

There are some absolute selfish pricks in our support. Call them out.

The question does need to be asked - who do FARE only attend Rangers games. If they do attend Celtic games or other clubs then why do they not ever report on them?
We already know why....their Chief Exec is married to a timette and openly admits they support Celtic together when they're up here. I'd put my mortgage and savings on every FARE delegate being a NON Rangers fan. And that's being generous.

A partial stadium closure? That would be ridiculously severe. However, the battle for TBB was lost over a decade ago.

Hopefully it is the bottom right hand corner of the Broomloan stand that is closed and when it is open again the seats are given to new individual supporters.

I'm sure the Union Bears are proud of themselves.

Screenshot20190823132347comandroid1566563048.jpg

A pro-IRA anti-British fest at Celtic v Linfield.
Despite the high tensions beforehand FARE never bothered to attend the match.

Also, why the feck have the board mentioned “racist” singing.

What racist songs do we sing?

This jumped out at me too....why did club accept this? What racism has EVER been seen at Ibrox let alone that night?

A partial stadium closure? That would be ridiculously severe. However, the battle for TBB was lost over a decade ago.

'Will' mate not 'would'. Its happening. From the Rangers statement:

"UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters."

The ultimate witch hunt. From nothing to a partial stand closure based on nothing but the word of a discredited organisation.

Meanwhile, clubs who continually breach the rules and indulge in their own brand of sectarianism get off scot free.

It's not a hunt, doesnt have to be, its on the TV for everyone to hear.

We can't make the UBs the scapegoats for this. If anything they help encourage the rest of the support away from singing these types of songs. Super Rangers is a rubbish song anyway and I find it hard to believe that TBB words were never changed.

The brain dead element of our support who continue to sing these add ons even though they know it harms our club are at fault.

Never understood the stupidity/selfishness of it.

If they’ve still to punish us for Progress and Midtjylland then that’s something to worry about. We could end up out of the competition.

FARE and their delegates need investigated here

Yes. At some point that needs to happen.
Don't let it distract from the main issue though.

We are going to be 3,000 supporters down on Thursday night because people who were told not to do something at the stadium did that exact thing at the stadium. It's not like Ibrox is a private space.

OK so the truth may be that FARE contacted UEFA and they are singling us out for special treatment.
Doesn't change the fact that what was done was done.

Rangers need to take responsibility here and issue a clear and unambiguous list of banned songs, chants, words whatever and THEN we can look into organizations like FARE and demand fair treatment etc.

Right now it seems like a pretty simple scenario.

UEFA: "Your club will be punished if you sing certain songs"
Some Rangers Supporters: "Let's sing those banned songs anyway, that'll show them"

Thanks lads.

How many times has Fare reported the scum for their songs supporting murderers of innocent men, women, and children? Not to mention our armed forces. Thousands of victims but that's alright eh. Fare? Has their ever been a bigger misnomer in the title of an organisation in Scotland?

I 100% agree on not singing the Billy Boys, but I'm calling hypocrisy on the amount of people on here slating it. I have absolutely no doubt people blaming others have been just as guilty.

I also think we are targeted and treated unfairly. We need to point out the hypocrisy at UEFA and demand that they make the evidence of this public as I believe their "evidence" will be flawed.

What's even more sad is that we actually have some good songs that people have came up with in the last few years.

Then you've got "fans" who turn the Fabio Cardoso song into that mess in the time it took people to get from Glasgow to Luxembourg.

Change one word and we can sing it we have known that for years but never tried to fully implement it.

The rest of our song book will now be heavily targeted again this will be an open goal and our enemies will go down this route both domestically and in Europe to get at us in a negative way.

And what happens when FARE just decide to start reporting us anyway?

I'm all for cleaning up the song book by the way but it seems the club are not. This could easily be fixed by the club and not by issuing a warning or a 15 minute campaign video as a box ticking exercise.

Identify the songs, fix the songs & then promote fixed songs its really that simple. Remember the 'wee blue book' ?

Its not as simple as just saying stop singing bad songs and everybody listens and all is well. How about the club actually engage with the fans rather than just sit there and point the finger.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions. You sang it, you knew there were could possible repercussions.

The Club’s response is a separate issue. But stop looking for them to defend you on this.

It's hard to imagine that in 2019 UEFA would let a loosely affiliated group (not even officially part of UEFA) hand them evidence compiled by Celtic fans, against Rangers fans, and then accept it all at face value. Would other clubs allow this?

Interesting to note that when they targeted PSV away game back in the day it was their FIRST AND ONLY 'special investigation'. Not Raheem Sterling, not Russian clubs throwing bananas, but us...and only us.

Not anymore I received an email stating the season ticket we have in BF4 wouldn't require a paper ticket anymore

Everybody in BF4 and BF5 has been moved elsewhere for this game. What exactly did the email say?

I will be utterly fucking fuming if we just roll over and take this.

Yes, we have to get our house in order and it will take strong leadership and direction to do so.

We cannot and must not cop to what is effectively “getting the big bad Rangers”

We can accept our punishment and use it as a catalyst for real change but it must not be taken without a real address of the rank hypocrisy involving a number of parties here.
Do we think they’re congratulating each other on pressing for cultural change and a victory for moral decency?
No they’re just pissing themselves. It’s a fucking nonsense.

Back