Rangers Legends v Liverpool Legends

I so wish this would take off mate. It's superb and he deserves a song. Astounding that nothing has taken off for him. I'm almost embarrassed by the fact.

I'm not averse to the idea but, tell me this, when did 'songs for Managers' become a thing? Obviously I can remember 'Souness' and 'One Walter Smith' or 'One Jock Wallace' but I'm not sure I class them as 'songs' tbh, more chants if you like. Before that I'm struggling.

I'm not averse to the idea but, tell me this, when did 'songs for Managers' become a thing? Obviously I can remember 'Souness' and 'One Walter Smith' or 'One Jock Wallace' but I'm not sure I class them as 'songs' tbh, more chants if you like. Before that I'm struggling.
I just think SG is special enough to warrant one.

I just think SG is special enough to warrant one.

If he wins us the title he can have as many as he wants.:)

I just find it a bit of a strange, fairly modern, phenomenon. I'd suggest that songs - rather than simply chanting the Managers name - only started with Warburton. As you will have guessed, I'm not really a fan of it. Much as I love what Stevie G is doing at our Club right now he's no more special that many that have gone before.

EDIT: Just to be 'controversial', the Chairman is more deserving of a song.;)

Whats the latest on ticket sales ? posted 25k yesterday lunchtime, i would assume we could put that at 30k by now?

Few thousand tonight and the push for 40,000 tomorrow?

Have they stopped selling tickets for this online? I've logged on but it's only showing the options to buy 2 match package for Europa League or Vs Motherwell at the end of the month (not available to buy)

Just head for Ibrox, it's pay at the gate.

A lot of people, including myself, have no interest in these sort of games mate.

I would gladly have travelled down to Solihull for our under 21s match, had that game been scheduled for this weekend, but I just don't see the attraction in an over age kick about.

I understand that plenty of people do enjoy them though and I hope everyone attending has a great day out.

Nae fitbaw as such on Saturday, yet you'd have spunked a lot of money to go to Birmingham but go 20 minutes doon the road from what I presume is newton mearns and ye cannae be arsed.

The heid cannae get roon that yin.

Nae fitbaw as such on Saturday, yet you'd have spunked a lot of money to go to Birmingham but go 20 minutes doon the road from what I presume is newton mearns and ye cannae be arsed.

The heid cannae get roon that yin.

Aye well @pelem, funny you should say that because 24 hours before kick off and I'm getting itchy feet and will probably end up heading along.

As you rightly point out, what else is there to do on a Saturday afternoon?

I'll be there.

Liverpool play in the English premier league with world wide advertising. Someone said they had month's to promote it
Just comparing a legends game at Anfield a few months ago which filled their stadium, to us to tomorrow with just over half of that. That's all. It's nothing to do with them playing in the EPL. It was a legends game.

Clearly the PR and marketing of this game, at the Rangers end, has fallen short.

We've filled, or close to filled, our stadium a few years ago v Milan.
Yes. We did mate. So clearly the marketing and PR was better for that. But I think also a lot of the money raised went to Rangers in our time of trouble back then. So slightly different in that respect.

The mentally challengeds V Man utd a few years back hot 55k but when they played Liverpool recently it was less than 20k.
Not that it matters, justba comparison.
Over 30k is a massive attendance for an ex players kick about, just because we are used to 50k every game.

Yes. We did mate. So clearly the marketing and PR was better for that. But I think also a lot of the money raised went to Rangers in our time of trouble back then. So slightly different in that respect.
We went into admin the week before the game and it caused a late surge in tickets, 30 thousand were sold in the final few days after a slow 6 months.

The common link, quite obviously, is Milan Glorie. Cleary a huge attraction.:)

We will get whatever attendance we get tomorrow and a load of money will go to two good causes. That’s what matters. Little point in developing it into a pissing contest about this club or that club drawing more. Too many, far too many, factors come into play on that equation to make it a sensible comparator eg weather, time to advertise, players involved, ‘feel good’ factor at the host club, time of the year and other recent costs (such as EL packages and season ticket payments).

Hate repeating myself but for Milan ticket sales were poor until the week prior to the game just around 15k sold and 10 weeks notice as well, just a very late surged help with the fact we beat them 3-2 on that Sunday help the final attendance that night

See if tomorrow had been announced back July then it might been better marketed etc and more advance sales but to have 30k the day before aided by the fact a certain person will be playing for us that to me is some marketing regarding the game

Just accept whatever the attendance is tomorrow than banging on about a game at Anfield that had nearly 5 months of it happening

Last edited:
What time does the ticket office open in the morning?
Rangers Ticket Centre opening hours are Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9am until 5pm. Wednesday 10am until 5pm and Thursday 9am until 6pm, Saturday 10am until 2pm and closed Sunday.

Rangers Ticket Centre opening hours are Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9am until 5pm. Wednesday 10am until 5pm and Thursday 9am until 6pm, Saturday 10am until 2pm and closed Sunday.
I had an email saying they open at 9 tomorrow...

Just comparing a legends game at Anfield a few months ago which filled their stadium, to us to tomorrow with just over half of that. That's all. It's nothing to do with them playing in the EPL. It was a legends game.

Clearly the PR and marketing of this game, at the Rangers end, has fallen short.

To be fair Liverpool haven’t had anywhere near the number of games that Rangers have had between 4 home pre season friendlies and countless Europa qualifiers. It is the October holidays as well.

Will be more at Ibrox tomorrow watching the old boys having a kick-about than there will be at Hampden to watch the national team in a qualifier.

Quite perfectly encapsulates just what has happened to Scottish football under tim rule.

Looks like it’s only available via Rangers YouTube, Facebook and Twitter and NOT on RangersTV:

Looks like it’s only available via Rangers YouTube, Facebook and Twitter and NOT on RangersTV:

Liverpool TV have it I think.

Back