Rangers Megastore refit

Matty1904

With 250,000 getting pumped in for a refit. How would you like to see the megastore. I know that Tom Beahon has already said he scoped Milan shop, Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool for ideas on layout, design, product offering etc.

Will the megastore even be big enough. I'm not sure it is to be fair.

I'm sure there will be a wide variety of product offering. From fridge magnets onto umbrellas with more name printing units etc.

With other things like the playstation area with latest PES to a Rangers penny press.

I'm sure there will be digital screens aswel to throw into the mix.

I'm just wondering how everyone would like the shop to be outwith kits and training gear

digital screens would look outstanding playing footage from previous games etc

mannequins wearing the jerseys with all squad players names on them in a row as you walk in the store, you would be surprised how much this would boost sales with kids having a visual of what their shirt could look like with their favourite player, same with bearettes with the likes of Hagi, Kent etc

I would have it as display only - go in and view the merch, try on for size, order and pay.

goods then delivered to your home address 24 hours later

:oops:

gn333.png

Need to find a way of incorporating the Shop in to the Tour, hopefully Edmiston house can play a part going forward if it becomes a museum.

Current shop is a ticket office at best - bin the portacabins.
They were saying that current shop could be a sports bar. Think the ticket office is going mainly digital but they will turn some redundant office space into the TO. As for the portakabins. Reckon Rangers could easily renovate these and jazz them up into something for matchday experience. They just look old and worn. Eg. Liverpool has these for LTV. But others have them for fan activities.

I think we need to remove anything to do with the word ‘Megastore’. I remember the buzz when it first opened just over 20years ago and how impressed I was, it was rammed packed each match day and coming over in the bus/boat from Ulster it was always the first place to go to early then the pub. I now shudder when I walk past it, an absolute eyesore. Tbh a complete destruction and rebuild would be my preferred option. A fresh start.

250k is a ton of money to basically just change interior stuff. They don't need to actually build anything.

I for one would love to get something like the shop in the Bernabeu or Emirates. Nothing insanely fantastic but just solid big shops integrated in the stadium.

Need to find a way of incorporating the Shop in to the Tour, hopefully Edmiston house can play a part going forward if it becomes a museum.

Current shop is a ticket office at best - bin the portacabins.

Make it the end part of the tour, simples.

Everyone who takes the tour gets a voucher for a small amount (a tenner or whatever), see profits rise.

250k is a huge amount of cash simply for a shop refit. There is perhaps scope with thay budget to extend the overall floorspace with an extension. It will be required IMO. The fact we will no longer need to walk past the puma eyesore window display going forward is in itself massive! Im excited to see what the end result will look like.

250k is a huge amount of cash simply for a shop refit. There is perhaps scope with thay budget to extend the overall floorspace with an extension. It will be required IMO. The fact we will no longer need to walk past the puma eyesore window display going forward is in itself massive! Im excited to see what the end result will look like.
Exactly it's not the quality that I'm worried about, it's the actual size inside, I've never felt that it's big enough for us. Maybe it's just me. I'm looking forward to seeing the designs, decor, how they market it and the products. The fact that they have done homework at real madrid, milan, man utd and liverpool fills me with comfort. They want to be innovative in this and be best in class

The shop when busy is not fit for purpose, it has to be basic, allowing people to move freely and served quickly.

I’d have a variation on what is mentioned above, a click and collect point not necessarily in the store but elsewhere on site, piles of orders waiting to be collected for match day for those who don’t wish to queue, once the new shop is built and the new TO takes over there should be an option for folk just wanting to pick up pre ordered merchandise on match days.

I think in years to come, a second floor will be added on top. Makes sense and gives the club more room for what they want to offer. Plus it’ll help fill in the gap above megastore where the banner is. (The banner that’s starting to look dirty)

Dont think they will do too much with current shop as think it will end ip moving to edmiston house with the fan zone in front
We will have to wait and see with it all. But Tom Beahon did say getting the new fan zone up and running along with the megastore is one of first priorities. Said it on interview with Stevie from 4 lads

I would have it as display only - go in and view the merch, try on for size, order and pay.

goods then delivered to your home address 24 hours later
That's a great idea....rather than just having the stock there ready to take away we should pay a bunch of folk to process and pack up to 50000 orders then pay for couriers to deliver them all over the UK with the added cost of next day delivery. We should have more people like you in charge of retail mate, we'd make a fortune

Gordon Roberts' branded foam hand with pointed fingers.

Perfect for the UBs who wish to conduct more clearly.

But if we are going to have bo crowds for a few months into next season, and with social distance measures we need to use this time to rebuild it.

Back