Rangers Megastore refit

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Had a look on Google Earth and those flats are really close to Edmiston House.
Aye i did same, also one of the impressions shows what looks like a separate building curving round on the other side of harrison drive, there also doesnt seem a huge amount of space here, they will definitely have to be creative here although to be fair thats why these firms get paid what they do.

Empire

Administrator
Staff member
I was amazed how closed in Anfield was.No space anywhere around the ground.
They done amazingly well to build that new stand. The land outside it is how I imagine behind the Copland will look. Even the brickwork on the stand looks similar to the artists impression of how the external part of the Copland will look.

The only thing I see being a stumbling block is the bricks which were billed as “being a part of Ibrox forever” - it will only be the side panels that could be touched.

A lot of people have memorial bricks to those who have passed so they can’t be touched.

Necro

They done amazingly well to build that new stand. The land outside it is how I imagine behind the Copland will look. Even the brickwork on the stand looks similar to the artists impression of how the external part of the Copland will look.

The only thing I see being a stumbling block is the bricks which were billed as “being a part of Ibrox forever” - it will only be the side panels that could be touched.

A lot of people have memorial bricks to those who have passed so they can’t be touched.
I'd imagine that terms and conditions mean that they can.

Even if not, the club could just redo the engraving. People don't physically own the bricks

Trueblueal

The paving and benches inscribed with legendary players names and career stats outside Anfield are great and kept immaculate. Something similar for Ibrox between the Copland and the new Ed House project and then again between the Main stand and the sports complex would look equally good.

Calvinist

Bricks could be redone or perhaps updated and incorporated into an inactive wall panel . As long as they display the same message and fans don’t need to pay again .

Matty1904

They could park at Auchenhowie and get bussed in
Still not what I'm getting at. Most stadiums that are up to scratch have an entrance where staff cars and buses go in. I understand that we dont have the room and structure for this just seeing if club can be creative in and around ground.

Chris the Bandito

Aye i did same, also one of the impressions shows what looks like a separate building curving round on the other side of harrison drive, there also doesnt seem a huge amount of space here, they will definitely have to be creative here although to be fair thats why these firms get paid what they do.
I noticed that. Wondered if it was related to the Albion development which is obviously a similar style. If the developer is also putting up some flats in part of the footprint at Harrison Drive then that might be part of how the club is financing EH

MichaelSeafarer

I noticed that. Wondered if it was related to the Albion development which is obviously a similar style. If the developer is also putting up some flats in part of the footprint at Harrison Drive then that might be part of how the club is financing EH
These are residential/retail blocks which tie into the clubs wider plans for “Copland Way” remember the megastore will eventually make way for a sports bar. This turns otherwise empty parking space on Matchday into revenue generating areas.

I believe financing this project is via the sale of part of the Albion.

Chris the Bandito

These are residential/retail blocks which tie into the clubs wider plans for “Copland Way” remember the megastore will eventually make way for a sports bar. This turns otherwise empty parking space on Matchday into revenue generating areas.

I believe financing this project is via the sale of part of the Albion.
Thanks for the explanation.
So is the club developing that itself, or selling the land to a third party to develop?

rangers_champions

Defo a great idea. I remember when i was younger you got Rangers everything, crisps, chocolate, wallpaper, bedding u name it. Can mind getting the catalogue every 6 months to a year was brilliant. Great way to make extra money.

Also Barcelona's fan zone is brilliant, bars, photo with the squad or player, club strips, scarfs everything outside quick and easy to buy and u dont even need to enter the shop.

As i said earlier would hav loved to close of the road closest to the main stand, have it all tie in with the new area and made the opposition teams have a walk to the stadium with fans either side rather than step off bus straight into front door.

Cant wait to see real plans for this

ibroxbound

I don't know if it has any relevance but Edmiston Drive will be closed from early June until early August.

NorthSideBlue

The quicker construction workers are allowed back the better. Miss daily updates on photos on upgrades at Ibrox over the summer.
I don’t see why we can’t start to re clad the sides of the Copland and broomie that were only half done last close season . Surely that’s a job where social distancing is easy . Also does anybody know why the promised electronic advertising boards aren’t being done ? Again that’s a job where safe distancing can be implemented

BlueBeatts

I don’t see why we can’t start to re clad the sides of the Copland and broomie that were only half done last close season . Surely that’s a job where social distancing is easy . Also does anybody know why the promised electronic advertising boards aren’t being done ? Again that’s a job where safe distancing can be implemented
probably something to do with money and a pandemic going on. I hope to see them done as well.

Bluebluesea

Official Ticketer
It’s been said before, but I’d happily go along with my power washer and help out, doing feck all anyways! I used to be an installation spark, how I’d have loved to work on / in our stadium. Imagine driving there every day.

Matty1904

It’s been said before, but I’d happily go along with my power washer and help out, doing feck all anyways! I used to be an installation spark, how I’d have loved to work on / in our stadium. Imagine driving there every day.
Was that you outside copland today. Its refreshing to hear that stewart robertson also said that the club shop will be a Sportsbar when it moves over to edmiston house and the outside of stadium is getting refreshed as its tired

Alex

I would like to see a greater selection of retro merchandise when/if a refurb of the megastore occurs. Not just strips but training tops, polo shirts with old style badges.

There is clearly a burgeoning market for this in football currently.
Thing is folk want originals rather than re-makes. Most of the remade retro kits look pretty shite...

Matty1904

Thing is folk want originals rather than re-makes. Most of the remade retro kits look pretty shite...
I'm all for Castore putting a retro kit together if it quality and theres a small percentage of people want it. It will sell. Obviously 1st team kits will be no1 seller but I like how Castore are thinking out the box here