Rangers on FM 2020

Just at the last weekend in august.

Qualified for the Europa groups. Got Frankfurt in the 3rd round, thought that was it for the season. Lost 3-1 away in the first leg. 2 nil home win to go through on away goals

Second in the league. 7 points from 3 games. Drew away to hearts on the opening day. Beat dundee in the cup

Sold Arfield for £6m to a french side. Leicester bid for Goldson but not enough to sell, he is now in a huff and all the squad are against him and agree with my treatment of him.

Lovro Majer is currently considering a contract. I need to sign a left back to allow Barisic a rest. Any suggestions? Needs to be cheap, around £1m
I signed a 17 year old from Benfica, Rafael Rodrigues to cover for Borna, had decent stats for his age and great potential, has done well in the limited games he has played so far.

I’m now in the year 2036 on this with Rangers , took me three seasons to win the title but I’ve now won 12 titles on the spin , including five trebles , numerous cups , one europa cup, one champions league win which we had a clean sweep of every honour including the Super cup and world club championship . Also lost in two further champs league finals and have £300 million in the bank .

I have Ibrox renamed struth stadium after the board rebuilt it and asked for my name suggestion , I am now on the board , capacity up at 85000 and have upgraded the training and youth facilities to “ state of the art “ .

I know it’s coming to an end but it’s certainly been great fun mastering the game took me a while to get tactics right but as an avid fan of the old champ manager 2001, this has really killed some time during lockdown and reminded me of how addictive these games can be . Wife thinks I’m hooked on it !

I’m now in the year 2036 on this with Rangers , took me three seasons to win the title but I’ve now won 12 titles on the spin , including five trebles , numerous cups , one europa cup, one champions league win which we had a clean sweep of every honour including the Super cup and world club championship . Also lost in two further champs league finals and have £300 million in the bank .

I have Ibrox renamed struth stadium after the board rebuilt it and asked for my name suggestion , I am now on the board , capacity up at 85000 and have upgraded the training and youth facilities to “ state of the art “ .

I know it’s coming to an end but it’s certainly been great fun mastering the game took me a while to get tactics right but as an avid fan of the old champ manager 2001, this has really killed some time during lockdown and reminded me of how addictive these games can be . Wife thinks I’m hooked on it !
In the year 2036 id say shes correct lol.

I’ve moved onto the world super league,
7 trebles
1 double
1 CL
Scotland is too easy, once the Tim’s are starved of success they fall away quite quickly with no other challenge it becomes a cake walk.
Lennon, Espirito Santos, Strachan to Darren Ferguson shows the decline.

the super league on the other hand is a real challenge due to the volume of games and a squad limit of 25, worth downloading once you get bored of the standard database.

Surely your not on the PC version

Since moving to Man Utd Dec 2022 i've spent some crazy money :oops: just sold mason greenwood to gers for £30mil, i brought in Todibo (CB) £81mil, Donnarumma (GK) £71mil, Bailey (AMR) £85mil, Camaviga (CM/DM) £50mil, Miranda (LB/CB) £30mil, Thomson (gers regen wonderkid) £2.5mil, Acheampong (CB) £40mil, Berge (CM/DM) £35mil, Lodi (LWB) £52mil, Sancho (AML) £97mil, Makowski (AMC dortmund regen wonderkid) £15mil, all others were already there-

Team looks like this now:

Donnarumma

Hakimi Todibo De Vrij Lodi

Bentancur Camavinga

Bailey Fernandes Sancho

Mbappe
Subs: De Gea, S.Reguilon, A.Acheampong, S.Berge, S.Makowski, M.Rashford, L.Martinez

just realised it's FM19 i have for the pc, so downloaded FM20 on game pass to play the full game, FM Touch getting a bit too easy now, can't remember who it was but someone was on about starting an online league maybe? if my pc holds up (it's a hunk of shit) im up for online league, dm details though not public so the lurkers can't see

The inaugural FF FM fantasy league goes down to the last game ...

Really enjoyed this mode, hopefully get more involved next time!

@AllyRFC @erskine bear

Well played Ally, rattled me 4-0 on the last day to win the league.
Was great fun!

And wasnt as much of a %^*& about as i first thought it could be. Once set up its just like playing normal FM games one after another (they dont all have to be played at once).

Would recommend anyone with spare time atm to try this out!

We are keen to have another FF league if anyone fancies joining in?

Just started this. Anyone got any advice on signings etc? (had a look through the thread but can't afford any of the suggested ones, only 1.98 million transfer budget)
For tactics does everyone go with the gengenpress?

Just started this. Anyone got any advice on signings etc? (had a look through the thread but can't afford any of the suggested ones, only 1.98 million transfer budget)
For tactics does everyone go with the gengenpress?

The Gegenpress is a bit OP this year mate, aye.

With that low budget I'd suggest loans until you get a better budget (sell Arfield)
Loans:
Curtis Jones
Rhian Brewster
Harvey Elliott
Ki Jana Hoever

The Gegenpress is a bit OP this year mate, aye.

With that low budget I'd suggest loans until you get a better budget (sell Arfield)
Loans:
Curtis Jones
Rhian Brewster
Harvey Elliott
Ki Jana Hoever

Cheers bud. I actually tried to sell Arield but only getting loan offers for him

Cheers bud. I actually tried to sell Arield but only getting loan offers for him

Loan offer with full wages? Wages &/or mandatory fee and I'd do it. He doesn't justify the wage and you can use that amount on those suggestions.

3hrs into pc version as rangers, sold arfield, stewart, flanagan £10mil combined board gave me £6.5mil, brought in hickey for £2.5mil now looking to shore up quality in homegrown quota

Having fun with the touch version but now looking to get the full version.

Roughly how much would I need to spend on a laptop which can run this with a decent number of leagues? (All of Scotland and England and the top league of the main European countries).

Im pretty useless at these things so what kind of specs should to be looking out for?

Roughly how much would I need to spend on a laptop which can run this with a decent number of leagues? (All of Scotland and England and the top league of the main European countries).

Im pretty useless at these things so what kind of specs should to be looking out for?
i spoke to a few people about this and was advised to go for at least i5 or Ryzen 5 processor with at least 8Gb RAM, preferably ssd storage instead of hdd, budget around £400-£600 - keep in mind thats if you want all the bells an whistle's as in most leagues, 100k player database etc.

My old windows 7 laptop is pretty basic and runs ok with Scotland, England, Spain, Germany, Italy and Holland i think iv got it at. Unselected a few of the lower leagues though.

I dont think it takes much to run it, its more the 3d matches thats the problem but you can always use 2d instead for the matches.

Not clued up on PC specs tbh but know the laptop I use for it sometimes is pretty shit.

i spoke to a few people about this and was advised to go for at least i5 or Ryzen 5 processor with at least 8Gb RAM, preferably ssd storage instead of hdd, budget around £400-£600
You trying to play cod? Lol. Like I just said i know %^*& all about PC specs but that sounds way ott for running FM. Unless you want to watch the 3d matches in quality.

Cheers guys was hoping for around £500 or so, so it seems manageable.

The last laptop I had cost around the same in 2011 and did me FM up until the 2017 version so hopefully I can manage a similar longevity!

Cheers guys was hoping for around £500 or so, so it seems manageable.

The last laptop I had cost around the same in 2011 and did me FM up until the 2017 version so hopefully I can manage a similar longevity!
At £500 you will easily find one that runs it mate. My PC runs it perfect and after starting a thread asking about gaming PCs i found out my PC is actually crap lol. My Laptop is seriously crap and runs it although a lot slower than my PC.

Once youve got it sorted and downloaded get into the FF Fantasy Draft League :p

You trying to play cod? Lol. Like I just said i know %^*& all about PC specs but that sounds way ott for running FM. Unless you want to watch the 3d matches in quality.
i edited it earlier just before you replied lol that's the specs im looking at cause im looking at playing strategy games on it too

i edited it earlier just before you replied lol that's the specs im looking at cause im looking at playing strategy games on it too
That makes more sense! I thought someone was taking the piss telling you that, although being honest, knowing as little as i do that could be a standard PC now lol. Just sounded mega fancy for FM haha.

How you getting on with full version anyway, mate?

That makes more sense! I thought someone was taking the piss telling you that, although being honest, knowing as little as i do that could be a standard PC now lol. Just sounded mega fancy for FM haha.

How you getting on with full version anyway, mate?
slowly, cause my current pc is a an old refurbished optiplex, i've played for about 4hrs played 2 games, but i've run into a homegrown issue for europe and managed to piss off a new signing (lewis baker) cause he's not been included lol

First season managed to win the treble, but only won the league by 1 point as Celtic don’t seem to get beat unless it’s against me.
Sold tav and Goldson to Arsenal for £55million and Morelos to schalke for £25 million. A few other sales and managed to bring in £92 million.

brought in
Jake Cooper
Henrique araujo
Jayden bogel
Pedro porro (loan)
Aleksandar Mitrovic (paying a fortune in wages and bonuses but is banging them in)
Conor Gallagher (loan)
Javier montero ( loan)
Danilo cataldi (loan) then I paid £7mill to make it permanent.

I’ve set Ross Wilson to find players for the first team hence a lot of loans.

In January and 2 points clear but the scum have a game in hand, got put out the league cup off them in the quarter final. Again they only seem to loose to me and Edouard is averaging nearly a goal a game, 53 played and 52 scored in the league over a season and a half. The good thing is they have just sold frimpong and are due to sell Edouard so hopefully they start to drop points.

First season managed to win the treble, but only won the league by 1 point as Celtic don’t seem to get beat unless it’s against me.
Sold tav and Goldson to Arsenal for £55million and Morelos to schalke for £25 million. A few other sales and managed to bring in £92 million.

brought in
Jake Cooper
Henrique araujo
Jayden bogel
Pedro porro (loan)
Aleksandar Mitrovic (paying a fortune in wages and bonuses but is banging them in)
Conor Gallagher (loan)
Javier montero ( loan)
Danilo cataldi (loan) then I paid £7mill to make it permanent.

I’ve set Ross Wilson to find players for the first team hence a lot of loans.

In January and 2 points clear but the scum have a game in hand, got put out the league cup off them in the quarter final. Again they only seem to loose to me and Edouard is averaging nearly a goal a game, 53 played and 52 scored in the league over a season and a half. The good thing is they have just sold frimpong and are due to sell Edouard so hopefully they start to drop points.
Bogel is a great option at RB, i've had offers £12m-£15mil for morelos but im asking £20m-£24m, try get Hickey (2-3mil) he is great for cover as he plays RB/LB

Bogel is a great option at RB, i've had offers £12m-£15mil for morelos but im asking £20m-£24m, try get Hickey (2-3mil) he is great for cover as he plays RB/LB
Yes I had bogle for Derby and he was class. Got hickey in my first season so he’s a good back up option for either side. Patterson is out on kid to Killie and seems to be doing well. His technical stats arnt great but his physical stats are really good for only being 19.

After 4 seasons Aribo was classed as a world class midfielder. Man Utd activated his £40m release clause and he left.

Replaced him with Marko Grujic from Liverpool for £23m.

Two years later Beijing bid £52m potentially rising to £65m for Grujic so he was sold. Replaced by the returning Aribo who was transfer listed by Utd for £24m :D

10 points clear and unbeaten after 29 games in the first season.

Have beat celtic 5 times so far.

Put out the euro club by RB Leipzig which was disappointing.

Last edited:
After 4 seasons Aribo was classed as a world class midfielder. Man Utd activated his £40m release clause and he left.

Replaced him with Marko Grujic from Liverpool for £23m.

Two years later Beijing bid £52m potentially rising to £65m for Grujic so he was sold. Replaced by the returning Aribo who was transfer listed by Utd for £24m :D

One aspect the game really lets itself down.

You build a player up, improve him and he moves for X fee to a bigger/better league and then they never play him.

One aspect the game really lets itself down.

You build a player up, improve him and he moves for X fee to a bigger/better league and then they never play him.

I had this aswell when I sold Morelos and Katic to Tottenham for a combined £80 odd million.

Morelos was played right wing, loaned to West Ham then sold to Southampton for £17 million. They play the boy Parrott instead and Kane is pushing 33...

Katic was played at right back then sold to Burnley for £12 million after a season.

Won the treble. 106 points and unbeaten in the league.

Barisic won every award going. Morelos got 35 goals.

Was rather easy.

Pretty much, like I said earlier I sold tav and goldson to Arsenal for £55 mill and rejected £25 from them for barisic, nearly £80million for a Spl defence.
Not that unrealistic considering they paid £25m for Tierney lol

I got the treble too. %^*& knows how, there was a few shaky moments lol. Didnt mananage undefeated though. Think i lost 3.

The scum were dropping points like mad for a few weeks on mine. Totally fucked themselves.

I played them 6 times and won them all. Beat them in the LC final and Scottish cup quarter final.

Beat hamilton 6 nil in the final.

Leipzig won the euro cup so not so bad to be put out by them in the end.

I played them 6 times and won them all. Beat them in the LC final and Scottish cup quarter final.

Beat hamilton 6 nil in the final.

Leipzig won the euro cup so not so bad to be put out by them in the end.
Aye, funnily enough i never lost to them once. Had a couple of draws but mainly outplayed them tbh.

HOMkDjc.png

Good start to the season.

Think I'll start a new game after this season, aim is to win the Champions League.

Back