Rangers on FM 2020

That’s me now in the year 2041, having won with Rangers the league 17 times out of 21, several trebles , 4 champions leagues , 2 super cups , world club champs etc . Some players now born after 2020! Also managed to get Stadium capacity to 95000.

A glitch I’ve noticed is the referees don’t change , we still have Beaton and Clancy etc reffing games they must be 60 odd by now ffs

in the past few seasons Celtic fell to pieces completely and hibs , hearts and believe it or not raith rovers became the only challengers

Wife says I’m addicted but hey ho something to do during lockdown great game

That’s me now in the year 2041, having won with Rangers the league 17 times out of 21, several trebles , 4 champions leagues , 2 super cups , world club champs etc . Some players now born after 2020! Also managed to get Stadium capacity to 95000.

A glitch I’ve noticed is the referees don’t change , we still have Beaton and Clancy etc reffing games they must be 60 odd by now ffs

in the past few seasons Celtic fell to pieces completely and hibs , hearts and believe it or not raith rovers became the only challengers

Wife says I’m addicted but hey ho something to do during lockdown great game
Even at the times where i was playing this 4/5 hours a day i didnt get that far into a save! Youve been fucking smashing it.

Its time to change your underwear and have a shower mate :p

Even at the times where i was playing this 4/5 hours a day i didnt get that far into a save! Youve been fucking smashing it.

Its time to change your underwear and have a shower mate :p

The thing is I’ve got young kids running about to deal with but once they are fed and watered and set up I can then jump on the iPad and play it even in the garden or even ( whisper it ) sitting watching tv with the Mrs I can sit on iPad and pretend I’m just “ finishing a season “:p

The thing is I’ve got young kids running about to deal with but once they are fed and watered and set up I can then jump on the iPad and play it even in the garden or even ( whisper it ) sitting watching tv with the Mrs I can sit on iPad and pretend I’m just “ finishing a season “:p
Ah, youre on the iPad touch version! Thats not quite so bad, can probably rattle through a season a day on that?

If it was full PC version youd be single now haha.

Ah, youre on the iPad touch version! Thats not quite so bad, can probably rattle through a season a day on that?

If it was full PC version youd be single now haha.

Easily a season a day sometimes two once I’ve got the team functioning the way I want it and have the club invested in my ethos .

When buying players , I like them young so I can add value and sell on as they reach 30. It also helps massively when a couple of world class prospect academy players come through as it did on this save . Won’t always be as lucky .

Easily a season a day sometimes two once I’ve got the team functioning the way I want it and have the club invested in my ethos .

When buying players , I like them young so I can add value and sell on as they reach 30. It also helps massively when a couple of world class prospect academy players come through as it did on this save . Won’t always be as lucky .
I played 19 on the Switch, which is just the same as iPad version i believe and it was brilliant. After a couple seasons in i was even instant resulting the league games as they were so easily dealt with amd won easily that you didnt even have to watch the match, just set it as go for the win and 99% of the time you got the right result.

I prefer the PC version overall but at the same time it takes bloody ages to do a season lol. Always desperate to get to the windows and get some gems in lol.

I played 19 on the Switch, which is just the same as iPad version i believe and it was brilliant. After a couple seasons in i was even instant resulting the league games as they were so easily dealt with amd won easily that you didnt even have to watch the match, just set it as go for the win and 99% of the time you got the right result.

I prefer the PC version overall but at the same time it takes bloody ages to do a season lol. Always desperate to get to the windows and get some gems in lol.

I don’t have that option on mine I just set the commentary as fast as it goes and don’t watch any highlights etc except CL finals . Plus I wouldn’t risk not being able to influence a game if we are sitting 0/0 with 15 mins left , I like to throw on a couple of subs and get those draws into wins . I find draws destroy you If you allow the players to think it’s acceptable

Summer after the first season. Not a single offer for any of my players despite winning the treble and beating celtic 6 times.

They have sold Ntcham, Edouard and Ajer for a combined £70m or thereabouts.

Barasic has taken the hump cause I didn’t sell him to PSG. I’m just going to ride it out until he drops it because I don’t think it’s possible to find a more effective left back.

Took 40m for Morelos and replaced him with Karlan Grant who I think can do a similar job.

Has anyone else noticed that Wuhan seem to always be interested in our best players? Playing the touch version not the full version just now.

Barasic has taken the hump cause I didn’t sell him to PSG. I’m just going to ride it out until he drops it because I don’t think it’s possible to find a more effective left back.

Took 40m for Morelos and replaced him with Karlan Grant who I think can do a similar job.

Has anyone else noticed that Wuhan seem to always be interested in our best players? Playing the touch version not the full version just now.
Aye they the same on full. Kept pestering me for Morelos and Barisic.

To be honest, you don't need to do much to the squad in the first season.

Go with the 'Geigenpress' mode when you select a formation in tactics and a 4-1-2-3 in attack philosophy worked wonders for me.

Sweeper Keeper on attack, Full backs on support, Two Center-backs on defend, a Defensive midfielder sitting just behind the two midfielders on defend, a box-to-box/central midfielder/carrillo on support (depending on if you are playing Jack/Kamara/Arfield in the position respectively), attacking playmaker on attack, on the left wing have Kent as an inside forward on support, on the right a winger on attack and a pressing forward up top.

A defensive midfielder on loan is a must. After the first season, Ross McCrorie and Jack are incredible in those areas.

McGregor retired after the first season in my game but Robby McCrorie develops into a very decent goalkeeper and Bailey Peacock-Farrell is a steal from Burnley because they have a tonne of goalkeepers.

Aaron Hickey and Harry Cochrane can be picked up for about a half a million total and they turn out good. Lewis Ferguson is also a tremendous midfielder in the game and Carlos Alena can be picked up from Barcelona on Loan.

I picked up Shankland as a back-up striker for Morelos and it worked out well. However, if you sell Morelos and want someone like him, you can Pick up Felipe Caicedo from Lazio for a couple of million as you wait for Richie-Hosler to become a mega-star.

Alex Lowry in the midfield for the Under-18's is a brilliant deep-lying playmaker by the second or third season too
I’ve not played this in years. How do I go about setting up these tactics?

Im now in season 8...2026 in my save and I have won 7 titles in a row, will call it a day at 10 in a row. There are some really good regens coming out so I've been spending more money on scouting etc... than signing players - I have one of the best youth setups in the world.

Due to move into an 85,000 capacity stadium after the end of next season. The only players I have from the start is the McCrorie twins and Nathan Paterson - Ross is my DM, Robby is back up keeper and Nathan is 3rd choice RB. (Purely for the national quota)

I’m finding I’m hitting the woodwork 3/4 times every game and getting at least 1 goal a game disallowed for offside. It’s always been a problem for FM but it’s overdrive this year.

Just played Dundee United in the league cup final (season 4) and hit the woodwork 6 times and had 2 goals disallowed.

Also, get loads of bids from Chinese teams for my players but they always reject the move. Pain in the arse as they overpay for everyone.

I’m finding I’m hitting the woodwork 3/4 times every game and getting at least 1 goal a game disallowed for offside. It’s always been a problem for FM but it’s overdrive this year.

Just played Dundee United in the league cup final (season 4) and hit the woodwork 6 times and had 2 goals disallowed.

Also, get loads of bids from Chinese teams for my players but they always reject the move. Pain in the arse as they overpay for everyone.

talk to the players “persuade to join”..just done it with morelos for 44 million including add ons. Couldn’t knock that back

I just tried to get this on my kindle fire.

long story short had to get google play got kindle but it comes up not available on this device.
Anyone know how to get around this or is it simply the OS on my kindle can’t run it?

I just tried to get this on my kindle fire.

long story short had to get google play got kindle but it comes up not available on this device.
Anyone know how to get around this or is it simply the OS on my kindle can’t run it?
I think on the smaller tablets its only the mobile version you can get. Could be wrong though.

Yes it’s only one of the 6 or 7 inch kindles. Maybe that is what it is.
I think thatll be what it is mate. Always liked the mobile version as a time waster but its nothing compared to Touch or the full game.

If you havent got a PC to run it or an iPad for Touch, the mobile version will waste plenty of your time still haha.

Midway through the third season and my first go at the Champions League - Bayern, Roma and Dynamo Kyiv.

I have been beaten 3:2 by Bayern twice, had a 3:3 and a 2:2 draw with Kyiv and rattled Roma 5:0 at Ibrox.

I am going into the last game in Rome a point ahead of Kyiv. Can see me getting put out.

Ansu Fati is a revelation for me. I have played him as a poacher, which I initially thought was a waste, but he has 20 goals in 21 games.

Ross McCrorie as a centre-mid has been class.

I think I may have a rubbish version of Nathan Patterson. He is poor in my game. I have Hickey on loan from Liverpool and Stephen O'Donnell as my two RBs and both have been quite consistent.

I made a mistake selling Barisic I think, although I got £25mil for him. I had Kingsley as my other left back, who I sold on for £3mil for a bit of a profit. I have replaced them with Federico DiMarco (Inter - £7mil) and Jonathan Panzo (£8mil). DiMarco hasn't been consistent enough for me, so have ended up playing Panzo as a more defensive full back.

Midway through the third season and my first go at the Champions League - Bayern, Roma and Dynamo Kyiv.

I have been beaten 3:2 by Bayern twice, had a 3:3 and a 2:2 draw with Kyiv and rattled Roma 5:0 at Ibrox.

I am going into the last game in Rome a point ahead of Kyiv. Can see me getting put out.

Ansu Fati is a revelation for me. I have played him as a poacher, which I initially thought was a waste, but he has 20 goals in 21 games.

I think I may have a rubbish version of Nathan Patterson. He is poor in my game. I have Hickey on loan from Liverpool and Stephen O'Donnell as my two RBs and both have been quite consistent.

I made a mistake selling Barisic I think, although I got £25mil for him. I had Kingsley as my other left back, who I sold on for £3mil for a bit of a profit. I have replaced them with Federico DiMarco (Inter - £7mil) and Jonathan Panzo (£8mil). DiMarco hasn't been consistent enough for me, so have ended up playing Panzo as a more defensive full back.

Patterson didn’t do much for me either. Think he’s one you really need to work at to develop.

Patterson didn’t do much for me either. Think he’s one you really need to work at to develop.

I just dont seem him ever being good enough. I wonder whether his upper potential ability has quite a big variance.

Interesting watching how people stick with the youngsters we have and how others buy all sorts.

Nathan Patterson is crap on mine too, only use him against really low opposition in cups etc.

DiMarco did a job for me on loan in the first season of my first save i think it was. Players seem to do much different in different saves, even when used in the same way it seems.

Glad i managed to get Hickey in permanently. He always does a job and is usually the top trainer most weeks too.

Nathan Patterson is crap on mine too, only use him against really low opposition in cups etc.

DiMarco did a job for me on loan in the first season of my first save i think it was. Players seem to do much different in different saves, even when used in the same way it seems.

Glad i managed to get Hickey in permanently. He always does a job and is usually the top trainer most weeks too.

I was priced out of getting Hickey in the first season and he joined Liverpool. He is worth £19mil and is amazing.

In my main save here’s my progress to date:

Rangers: 2019-2027 (5 Leagues, 4 SC, 5 LC)
Marseille: 2027-2028 (Made the cup final but PSG beat us, took them from 14th to 5th in one season with hardly any money)

2028-29: Now taken over at Ajax who had £100m+ budget & looking to sweep the board before moving up. Still keep an eye on Rangers who managed to retain the league after I’d left but they sold all my amazing 25 and under boys and brought in loads 28-32

In my main save here’s my progress to date:

Rangers: 2019-2027 (5 Leagues, 4 SC, 5 LC)
Marseille: 2027-2028 (Made the cup final but PSG beat us, took them from 14th to 5th in one season with hardly any money)

2028-29: Now taken over at Ajax who had £100m+ budget & looking to sweep the board before moving up. Still keep an eye on Rangers who managed to retain the league after I’d left but they sold all my amazing 25 and under boys and brought in loads 28-32

Always happens. The SPL becomes about 80% English players as well at some point in my previous games experience.

Just me thats in season 5 and has an American Football roster of about 70 international players most of whom get loaned out ?

Just hammer the bosmans. Dont even need to play them for a year once the season resets teams offering you millions for a guy that cost 1 mil in wages the season before to do nothing.

Agreed a dreadful 5 deal for Mirko Maric with most of sell on fees going to him and Osijek. Had him on loan to Dijon for 3 seasons now at 400k per month plus his wage so got my money and more back and let him walk end of season.

Think I must be averaging 30 shots per game. Have won 28 games on the bounce although that includes friendlies. Got Astana in the 3rd round of the CL qualifiers coming up in 2nd season.

Always happens. The SPL becomes about 80% English players as well at some point in my previous games experience.

I had at least £250m+ transfer budget and now I look at their finances it says “okay” - they’ve got Luka Jovic on £215k a week, Maxi Gomez on £325k a week & a 34 year old Andy Robertson on £125k a week

I got lucky, didn't run the update. Sold alfie (scored 47 overall that season) to man city for 80m and bought haaland, still at Leipzig, for 42m. He scores a ridiculous amount. Paterson is superb in my version, hickey mince. Buy up the best youths where possible, u19's and 1st team just won champions league for first time each 3rd season in.

Does anyone know if Queen's Park can grow into a fully professional team in this game? I remember reading something about them changing their amateur only status but I'm sure it used to be hard coded into previous games to prevent them from changing and developing.

Also found an update that lets you skip ahead 10 years. I prefer it once it isn't 'real' Rangers players so giving it a go just now. Taken about 45 minutes to load and still no sign of it being anywhere near done mind.

Does anyone know if Queen's Park can grow into a fully professional team in this game? I remember reading something about them changing their amateur only status but I'm sure it used to be hard coded into previous games to prevent them from changing and developing.

On my new game under the 20.4 patch they turn full professional at the end of the first season.

They also have the third best training facilities in Scotland and the same level of youth facilities as St. Johnstone.

Struggle through the first season and it should be a straight shot to the Premiership if you choose to manage them

Also found an update that lets you skip ahead 10 years. I prefer it once it isn't 'real' Rangers players so giving it a go just now. Taken about 45 minutes to load and still no sign of it being anywhere near done mind.

That didn't work after leaving it for an hour so I've no idea how long you'd have to leave it.

I went for the 2nd season start instead and I'm enjoying that. Rangers lost the SPL by 10 points to Celtic, got nowhere in Europe and were knocked out of both cups before the semi-finals.

I don't think any manager would survive that so Gerrard out.

Sold Tav for £24m to Chelsea.

Can't spend the money to replace him. Everybody wants absolutely stupid wages.
since moving to Man Utd my weekly wage bill is £5.5mil & there's just been a takeover and the board signed Militao & Upmecano on £275k p/w lol

Donnarumma
Hakimi De Vrij Todibo Reguilon
Berge Fernandes
Bailey Rashford
Mbappe Felix​

Just had offers on english deadline day for Morelos and Barisic. Couldn't get replacements as my window was closed so rejected offers and now both in a huff. Grand.

Back