Rangers on FM 2020

Ooft! What a fvcking signing! How have you managed that!?

He’s still at Ajax in 2023. I need someone who’s going to go toe-to-toe with Celtic & do the business in Europe. I’ve won the league twice & made great strides in Europe whilst spending relatively within my means. I’m about 400k under wage budget.

They’ve spent £45m on Breel Embolo amongst others.

much did you pay for him mate? And was he a hassle to accept a contract?
IIRC I’m sure it was around a million quid. Can’t remember off the top of my head. No he accepted easily enough. I scouted him beforehand. Boy is quality.

He’s still at Ajax in 2023. I need someone who’s going to go toe-to-toe with Celtic & do the business in Europe. I’ve won the league twice & made great strides in Europe whilst spending relatively within my means. I’m about 400k under wage budget.

They’ve spent £45m on Breel Embolo amongst others.
He’ll be a cracking signing for you mate. Where are you in the league and CL mate?

He’ll be a cracking signing for you mate. Where are you in the league and CL mate?

Waiting on him confirming, no other teams bidding so should be soon. He’ll join in January.

CL Group: 2 games
Rangers - 4pts
Zenit - 4pts
BVB - 2pts
Chelsea - 0pts

SPFL: 7 games
Celtic - 17pts
Rangers - 13pts
Hearts - 12pts
Aberdeen - 12pts

As mentioned earlier Celtic’s spending power in this game is stupid. £28.5m on Jacob Bruun Larsen, £49m Breel Embolo, Zouma £11m, £15m Lucas Tousart. £100m spent this summer.

Celtic spending - £192.5m (total seasons)
Rangers - £100.65m

wages (right now) -
£45.05m (Celtic)
£33.41m (Rangers), the gap has been bigger than that, so the fact I’ve won the league 2/4 seasons is not bad + several cups & good runs in Europe.

Last edited:
I've won 6 out of 6 in my europa league group, had psv, astana and macabbi tel aviv in the group but struggling in the league, 10 points off of them in second and lost the betfred cup to them as well.

Very difficult game but tried A new approach went Dundee manager , did okay with less pressure , second season Rangers offered me the job, squad was a mess , had to sell Alfie for £30 million whole squad hated him , then Aribo for £25 million , so had over £60 million to rebuild and first season with rangers won league cup and Scottish cup , still miles behind the scum in the league though . Signed a cracked striker called Akpom from wolves he’s hammering the goals in and Kent is like maradona

Last edited:
Reading through these posts and finding it quite interesting how Rangers and Them develop through the save. They always pull out multi-million ridiculous signings when things go a bit haywire though which makes it a bit harder. I’ve tried to stay away from massive signings and kept it ‘realistic’, I was about to sell Morelos to Valencia for £35m up-front and then I realised I didn’t really fancy Kane Ritchie-Hosler as my first choice striker in Europe. Had some mental bids and my transfer budget is circa £40m. Accepted a bid of £25m for Aribo, £20m for Katic and £23m for Kent but all 3 rejected contract offers and told me they wanted to stay :cool: I’m in the CL Playoffs against Shakhtar and 3 of my wing backs (Karsdorp, Patterson & Eldar Civic - modern day Papac) are injured for a month so I’ll be playing young wing-backs for a place in the group stage which is a bit mental. Undefeated in the league but only 2 games in. McPake is a star and my top scorer. Will update again soon with my team.

Is there any way of upgrading from mobile to touch version ? I’m getting into it now and wish i had gone for the bigger version

In one of my saves, I've won the league with Rangers 5 times in a row so far, won the Europa League and a few of the cups. Celtic have won the league once since I've been manager, and won the Champions League somehow. They always seem to spend big money on older players, keep them for 2 seasons and sell them for a massive loss. It frustrates me how easy the league gets. Absolutely no challenge.

Started an unemployed adventure a few weeks ago. First job is in Northern Ireland with Knockbreda, got them promoted in the first season, second season Crusaders approached me, I joined them at the end of the season leaving Knockbreda in 7th place. I lasted a season with Crusaders finishing 2nd when Linfield approached me. They had a decent squad, but no great strikers. Managed to bring in Giroud on a free in November as he was retiring at the end of the season, paying him £3,000 a week which the board weren't happy with. He scored 9 against Coleraine on my way to the title. Got to the knockout stages of the Europa Cup 2, losing on penalties to Fenerbache, won the league, league cup, co. Antrim Shield, but lost on penalties to Larne in the semi finals of the Irish Cup.

Rangers are in freefall, so I'm hoping to get that job next, destroy Celtics dominance and move on to either England or Spain!

In one of my saves, I've won the league with Rangers 5 times in a row so far, won the Europa League and a few of the cups. Celtic have won the league once since I've been manager, and won the Champions League somehow. They always seem to spend big money on older players, keep them for 2 seasons and sell them for a massive loss. It frustrates me how easy the league gets. Absolutely no challenge.

Started an unemployed adventure a few weeks ago. First job is in Northern Ireland with Knockbreda, got them promoted in the first season, second season Crusaders approached me, I joined them at the end of the season leaving Knockbreda in 7th place. I lasted a season with Crusaders finishing 2nd when Linfield approached me. They had a decent squad, but no great strikers. Managed to bring in Giroud on a free in November as he was retiring at the end of the season, paying him £3,000 a week which the board weren't happy with. He scored 9 against Coleraine on my way to the title. Got to the knockout stages of the Europa Cup 2, losing on penalties to Fenerbache, won the league, league cup, co. Antrim Shield, but lost on penalties to Larne in the semi finals of the Irish Cup.

Rangers are in freefall, so I'm hoping to get that job next, destroy Celtics dominance and move on to either England or Spain!

I find it the opposite. They’ve bought guys such as Jack Harrison, Breel Embolo, Zouma, Biling, Bruun Larsen.

I’m starting to spend the big budget I have now. £20m & £100k p/w on Gravenberch & £30m on Mazraoui.

I’m going to start a new save with Rangers and see what I can do from scratch. But try selling some of the bigger stars and bringing in my own players.

I was 2-0 up at home to Zenit, 85th minute 2-1 then 90th+4 minute 2-2 ...

After 3 games:
Rangers - 5pts
Zenit - 5pts
Chelsea - 3pts
BVB - 2pts

If I'd won that I'd have fancied qualifying but think I may have to settle for 3rd.

I was 2-0 up at home to Zenit, 85th minute 2-1 then 90th+4 minute 2-2 ...

After 3 games:
Rangers - 5pts
Zenit - 5pts
Chelsea - 3pts
BVB - 2pts

If I'd won that I'd have fancied qualifying but think I may have to settle for 3rd.
Iv got to the stage im romping everything domestically. But in Europe haven’t quite found a tactic which doesn’t include me losing an early goal against a good side and ultimately getting horsed lol.

Got the free trial but I've ended up getting totally hooked on this and have now bought it outright. A lot more long winded and detailed than the old Championship Manager but if you delegate most of the more boring tasks to other members of your coaching staff it's a lot better.

Iv got to the stage im romping everything domestically. But in Europe haven’t quite found a tactic which doesn’t include me losing an early goal against a good side and ultimately getting horsed lol.

I shared my tactic either in this thread or the one in the lounge mate. It's taken me to two EL SF's, one QF and a last 16 CL so far. Beat some really big sides too.

How do you view the matches, commentary only, full game or highlights?

I would recommend Key highlights to begin with, then maybe extended if you want a more in depth look as to how the game is going/your side plays.

starting afresh with gers, but just wanted to know what leagues everyone adds, specifically on the touch version

I've been playing the mobile version since it came out.

I've won the SPL 15 times, Scottish Cup 12 times, Betfred 10 times, Champions League 6 times, super cup 6 times, club world Cup 2 times.

Finished 2nd in the league my first season though.

My star striker came through my youth system.

Only now starting to see the benefits of my youth set up, 3 wonderkids in my line up just now too.

Got the free trial but I've ended up getting totally hooked on this and have now bought it outright. A lot more long winded and detailed than the old Championship Manager but if you delegate most of the more boring tasks to other members of your coaching staff it's a lot better.

I'm a control freak with it & don't assign anything related to the first team.

I learned quickly not to let your D.O.F renew contracts of U18's either as they tend to give average prospects more than they should & i prefer to add on 'optional extension by the club" clauses etc.

In fact, there's absolutely no point in me having a D.O.F or Technical Director.

My Chief Scout is basically just another Scout too, as I prefer to set scouting missions myself.

DISCLAIMER: I know myself as I type this that I sound like a colossal virgin :))

I'm a control freak with it & don't assign anything related to the first team.

I learned quickly not to let your D.O.F renew contracts of U18's either as they tend to give average prospects more than they should & i prefer to add on 'optional extension by the club" clauses etc.

In fact, there's absolutely no point in me having a D.O.F or Technical Director.

My Chief Scout is basically just another Scout too, as I prefer to set scouting missions myself.

DISCLAIMER: I know myself as I type this that I sound like a colossal virgin :))

I’m the same mate.

I let them run the youth training but always promote the best youths to train with the senior squad as soon as possible.

Always assign the scouts across Europe & beyond, age conditions 15-21 & potential at least very good.

I’m in 2023 & I’ve now started trawling the African champions league looking for good regens ...

I’m the same mate.

I let them run the youth training but always promote the best youths to train with the senior squad as soon as possible.

Always assign the scouts across Europe & beyond, age conditions 15-21 & potential at least very good.

I’m in 2023 & I’ve now started trawling the African champions league looking for good regens ...

Same mate, this is the first version I've played with the Mentoring groups.

In previous versions I would keep them in the youths & have a senior player tutor them to keep my first team squad trimmer but doesn't seem to be an option any more.

Hopefully you can shed some light as I don't know if I'm using the mentor groups correctly...

I've just lumped them in all into groups, i.e. GK's, FB's, CB's, CM's, Wingers & CF's?

Is that ok or should I have several smaller groups such as 1 senior pro + 2 Youngsters?

I’m into season 4 and the SPL is becoming a formality. Straight into the CL group stage which is a bonus but the only domestic trophy I haven’t won is the betfred cup in season 1. I done the double and 2 trebles. Lost 1 game to the poets in 3 seasons. Already 6 points ahead of them this campaign and haven’t played them yet. CL group of Inter, Atletico and PSG means the usual euro spankings await though. Signed Wilson and mctominay on permanents as both impressed on loan and a young LB from Man Utd. Had to buy British cos of the work permit nonsense. Mebude and Lowry both doing well now in my first team squad too.

Same mate, this is the first version I've played with the Mentoring groups.

In previous versions I would keep them in the youths & have a senior player tutor them to keep my first team squad trimmer but doesn't seem to be an option any more.

Hopefully you can shed some light as I don't know if I'm using the mentor groups correctly...

I've just lumped them in all into groups, i.e. GK's, FB's, CB's, CM's, Wingers & CF's?

Is that ok or should I have several smaller groups such as 1 senior pro + 2 Youngsters?

I thought it worked like that mate but it doesn’t.

I’d ask your assistant to set them then add & remove guys accordingly. You need someone who has “significant” as their influence on the rest of the group. I’ve got McCrorie now at 25 with significant influence mentoring young defenders & midfielders. Goldson doing the same in a different group & Florin Andone with the attackers.

Anybody recommend any good young right backs? Cheers

Might I recommend Bosko Sutalo. He cost me £9m from Osijek in 2022 but he might be cheaper earlier in the game. He doesn’t have the technical stats of Tav but he’s been superb for me.

Other options - Noussair Mazraoui, Claud Adjapong, Ki-Jana Hoever, Steven Sessegnon.

Might I recommend Bosko Sutalo. He cost me £9m from Osijek in 2022 but he might be cheaper earlier in the game. He doesn’t have the technical stats of Tav but he’s been superb for me.

Other options - Noussair Mazraoui, Claud Adjapong, Ki-Jana Hoever, Steven Sessegnon.
Cheers mate. I’ll have a look at them

I’ve got the mobile version for iPad, First season I finished 3rd behind the beggars and Motherwell. In my 2nd season sold Morelos for £30 million.
Signed Hladky, Bachmann, Hickey, Lewis Ferguson, George Saville, Issac Success, Jack Marriott, Marriott and Success scoring for fun. Won the league cup.

I was 7 points clear at start of winter break,ended up going to last game at Parkhead 1 point ahead of them, lost 4-2. Lucky enough to still have an iPad.

After a shaky start to the 23-24 season my Rangers side defeated Celtic 1-0 at Ibrox in front of 57,567 fans (upgraded the stadium) courtesy of a Gianluco Busio goal (got him from Sporting Kansas City, he's brilliant)

League table (10 games):
Celtic - 23pts
Rangers - 22pts
Dundee Utd - 15pts

Few key lads returning from injury should help.

Playing it on the ipad. Sacked by rangers after my first season because i didn't win the league. Currently at Real Madrid in 2036 after a career managing Rangers, Leyton Orient, Ayr United, Sheff Weds & Everton. I was also the manager of Scotland and Italy.

Its not a bad game...
How long are you taking to complete a season? I just bought it this week but it seems to be taking ages. The wait between games is long, having to go through so many emails etc.

Anybody recommend any good young right backs? Cheers

RB is the only position I'm not overly happy with tbh mate...

Season 1.

I had Tav with Alan Hutton as backup which was perfect.

Season 2.

I sold Tav for £30m knowing I had Nathaniel Clyne lined up on a Bosman.

Clyne is ok, but I regret diving in & going for a big name on a big wage (64k pw) instead of properly scouting someone with more long term potential as well as better dribbling & crossing ability.

I initially brought in Zappacosta on loan as competition, but he's ended up becoming my first choice right mid.

Now coming to the end of season 3 & have my scouts on the case as I think I'll move Clyne on in pre season.

PS - Barry Douglas is great cover at LB & also a homegrown player which helps with your euro squad.

He became available for £925k at the end of season 1...

He's got 4 goals & 12 assists in 17 spl games this season.

Downloading this just now not played one in years i take its evolved a lot since i last played about 15 years ago when it used to be champ manager :)

RB is the only position I'm not overly happy with tbh mate...

Season 1.

I had Tav with Alan Hutton as backup which was perfect.

Season 2.

I sold Tav for £30m knowing I had Nathaniel Clyne lined up on a Bosman.

Clyne is ok, but I regret diving in & going for a big name on a big wage (64k pw) instead of properly scouting someone with more long term potential as well as better dribbling & crossing ability.

I initially brought in Zappacosta on loan as competition, but he's ended up becoming my first choice right mid.

Now coming to the end of season 3 & have my scouts on the case as I think I'll move Clyne on in pre season.

PS - Barry Douglas is great cover at LB & also a homegrown player which helps with your euro squad.

He became available for £925k at the end of season 1...

He's got 4 goals & 12 assists in 17 spl games this season.
Settled for a wonderkid called Facundo Mura for £4.9m. His stats are very impressive so happy I’ve got a Tav replacement (sold him for £25m).

My left backs are Birger Meilling, Barisic and Aaron Hickey, very well covered there.

Cannot get a tune out of Dapo Mebude for love nor money. He ripped it up for Bristol City in the Champ last year, 18 goals.

Signed another baller to upgrade my squad ... Nikola Vlasic.

Squeaky bum time lads :))

txETecJ.jpg

My run in

NxRDeBh.jpg

mentally challengeds run in

y7mUNDg.jpg

Back