Rangers on FM 2020

Coops2016

Any info on a cheap laptop to play it on . My son is playing it on the MacBook but it would be good to have another for network game as sharing a laptop takes too long

mathers1

Any info on a cheap laptop to play it on . My son is playing it on the MacBook but it would be good to have another for network game as sharing a laptop takes too long
Most laptops these days should be able to run it comfortably.

Check the minimum specs of the game. My old HP one ran it well previously.

mathers1

Players like Mohamed Daramy who I thought would still want to join. I do have a lot of secondary targets so I should be fine
He’s at Liverpool in 2023 in my rangers save and is a beast. Who you looking at out of interest?

I quite like how it tells you a player is more interested in you than club A & B, similar level to C but less interested than D & E. Let’s you know what level he’s at outside the CA & PA stats as well as what type of deal to offer him.

NDC bear forever

Who you looking at out of interest?

I quite like how it tells you a player is more interested in you than club A & B, similar level to C but less interested than D & E. Let’s you know what level he’s at outside the CA & PA stats as well as what type of deal to offer him.
Daramy, Some striker from Molde, and a couple Brazilian wonder kids who rejected me ages ago. My alternatives were Pelayo Morilla, Jan Mlakar and Adolfo Gaich and got them all so can’t complain, will go back in for Daramy in the future

RioGilmour

Being playing the game for years now, into my 3rd season with Rangers. Nathan Patterson is now a regular in the Scotland squad and my first choice RB (ahead of Rick Karsdorp), McPake plays every 2nd/3rd game and Robby McCrorie is my #1 keeper now as well. Other than those 3, the rest of the youth are slowly developing into first team players. Signed Fleck and Saka (arsenal boy) on a pre-contract for this season’s champions league campaign after winning 55 last season. Will post team later if anyone wants it.

billywizz

Who you thinking of starting with?
I never start with Rangers, I feel it's more important to be offered an interview eventually :D

Started a new save a few days ago with IFK Gothenburg, two seasons, won the league once, today got that all important offer of an interview from Rangers, just started now, Alfie, Borna, Arfield, Goldson, Tav have all been sold, McGregor and Davis retired

mathers1

Being playing the game for years now, into my 3rd season with Rangers. Nathan Patterson is now a regular in the Scotland squad and my first choice RB (ahead of Rick Karsdorp), McPake plays every 2nd/3rd game and Robby McCrorie is my #1 keeper now as well. Other than those 3, the rest of the youth are slowly developing into first team players. Signed Fleck and Saka (arsenal boy) on a pre-contract for this season’s champions league campaign after winning 55 last season. Will post team later if anyone wants it.
What season you in mate?

I’d like to have a look at your squad and I’ll post mine, I’m in Sep 2023.

Patterson’s physicals are great but technically he hasn’t developed for me, I used him quite a lot & then gave him some decent loans.

mathers1

I never start with Rangers, I feel it's more important to be offered an interview eventually :D

Started a new save a few days ago with IFK Gothenburg, two seasons, won the league once, today got that all important offer of an interview from Rangers, just started now, Alfie, Borna, Arfield, Goldson, Tav have all been sold, McGregor and Davis retired
I’ve got a Leicester & BvB save going but I can’t seem to get into them as yet.

Considering a middling championship club & try and stabilise them in EPL and beyond.

Badger81

I've bought this couple of days ago. 1st time in maybe decades. Used to love it.

I cant seem to bid on players from other countries. Is this something you need to select at beginning of game? To include what countries are involved? I kind of remember the older games were like that.

As others have mentioned, takes a lot longer than older games.

Willl give it a bash though.

billywizz

I’ve got a Leicester & BvB save going but I can’t seem to get into them as yet.

Considering a middling championship club & try and stabilise them in EPL and beyond.
I started a new game because I had the Leicester job, just didn't get into it at all, so tried something different from usual, and got a good save going now

mathers1

I've bought this couple of days ago. 1st time in maybe decades. Used to love it.

I cant seem to bid on players from other countries. Is this something you need to select at beginning of game? To include what countries are involved? I kind of remember the older games were like that.

As others have mentioned, takes a lot longer than older games.

Willl give it a bash though.
You should be able to bid on players from any league but depending on what leagues you loaded & which size of database, some might not be there?

mathers1

I started a new game because I had the Leicester job, just didn't get into it at all, so tried something different from usual, and got a good save going now
I spent a good 12 months + away from it but got the bug for it again. No better time to either ...

I’m sure there’s a bigger FM 2020 thread in the lounge but can’t get in there as yet ... if anyone is keen for a network game can let me know. Tried this with mates with random teams & leagues and it’s always challenging.

Badger81

You should be able to bid on players from any league but depending on what leagues you loaded & which size of database, some might not be there?
I'm gonna log on to it tomorrow and check again. It never gave option what leagues to add. Well not that I noticed anyway.

I only noticed when starting to search for some of the players posters have mentioned on here. Only seems to have Scottish and English based players.

mathers1

I'm gonna log on to it tomorrow and check again. It never gave option what leagues to add. Well not that I noticed anyway.

I only noticed when starting to search for some of the players posters have mentioned on here. Only seems to have Scottish and English based players.
Think you can do quick setup or advanced. Need to click advanced to select which leagues etc otherwise it probably only loaded relevant leagues (I.e England if you selected Rangers in Scotland etc)

Hope this helps.

4ladsHAD

That’s me bought the mobile version 8.99 on my iPad . Anyone got any tips before I start up ? Haven’t played this game since CM 01/02 , just want to get the basics right with leagues etc before I’m up and running . Thinking of going Rangers obviously but also used to like taking a smaller club to glory through the divisions

Badger81

Think you can do quick setup or advanced. Need to click advanced to select which leagues etc otherwise it probably only loaded relevant leagues (I.e England if you selected Rangers in Scotland etc)

Hope this helps.
Thanks. Will just start another one.

Only played 1 friendly.

4ladsHAD

watch out for Cole Mckinnon he beomes some player.

look for these players
Valentin Antov
Leke James
Kamil Jozwiak
Nicolas Acevado

Ignacio Ramirez

All cracking and affordable players you ill punt for millons and millions
I can’t find any of these players on my game

mathers1

Anyone got any good players for the mobile version ?? Doesn't have the same amount of players as the PC one
I’m guessing the database is significantly smaller?

Rhian Brewster, Harvey Elliott & Curtis Jones are all great guys to loan from Liverpool if possible.

Decent SPFL guys like Hladky, Turnbull, Campbell, Ferguson will add to what you already have.

I would recommend trying to nurture the youths (if they’re there?)

Hogarth, Lowry, Kelly, Mebude, Young-Coombes, Ritchie-Hosler, McPake are all first teamers potentially. Sooner you can expose them to senior games the better.

Mikey

Downloaded it for mobile. Utter shite. Can't find any of the wonderkids. Requested refund.

Anyone know of a cheap laptop that'll play the real thing? :D

4ladsHAD

Just got sacked as Rangers manager 1 game from the end of my first season ! Ragin . I had tied up Hagi and a few other promising players as well for season 2 . Draws killed me I had 14 draws in the spl

Punpun

Anybody got any good Alfie replacements?
Dejan Joveljic, 21 y/o Serbian, plays for Frankfurt I think, had him in my Ajax save

Insane for me in any Gegenpress formation as a complete/advanced forward

At full potential he broke 30 Eredivisie goals 3 seasons in a row, took my average Ajax team to a CL final as top goalscorer and won European Golden Boot twice

On another note, I had Andy Dallas in my Peterborough team n he was absolute quality, 25 goals in the Championship and got me to the prem, should never have let him go

Babaganoosh

The modern manager games are too technical for me, takes ages to sort team Etc!

Which is part of the reason why I downloaded champ man 01/02 this week instead! It's every bit as addictive 19years on.