Rangers players can be one in a Row legends if they stop Celtic from winning tenth title, says Kris Boyd

Spudgun

Until the SPFL is cleansed of Liewell's placemen, we're winning nothing.

It's imperative that the corruption has to be halted or we'll forever be playing in a rigged competition.

CapitalBear1973

I would honestly take Shinnie,he’s a horrible we b*stard and we don’t have enough of them in team and not enough players who are up for battle against the spfl fodder.
That is a very fair point. I don't think we should compromise on quality (and I stand by my post above) BUT mentality will be huge this season.

BobbyShearer55-65

It's all just wishful thinking until we actually demonstrate our intent by signing players who are better than what we already have - and are not simply just more SPFL standard players.

It won't come down to motivation, simply because the motivation for the Septic players to deliver a tenth league title, will easily be equal to our motivation to stop them.

It will come down to (amongst other things), who works harder, who gels better as a team, who performs better on the day and who has the winning mentailty to believe in themselves and drag their tired bodies over the line. In previous seasons, we've come up short on the latter two. Next season must be different if we are to stop them in their tracks.

True Blue

We of course want to win the title but should not buy in to their 9/10 narrative.
They have not won a 9th title and that fact shouldn't be lost sight of in terms of next season.

Blues and Royals

Kris, what about the cowardly referees ? What about the corrupt referees ? What about the Celtic compliance officer ? And what about the Celtic unacceptable conduct officer ? Do you think we can overcome those hurdles as well ?

Eddie Doc

I would honestly take Shinnie,he’s a horrible we b*stard and we don’t have enough of them in team and not enough players who are up for battle against the spfl fodder.
We've got Docherty and Mcrorie who are up for a battle. Is Shinnie any better than them? Plus it would kill me to see him in our strip. It's a good point you make though and I hope we've learned something from certain away games the last two seasons.

Eddie Doc

Because Scotland are better in midfield than we are?

Mcginn, Mcgregor, Fleck, Armstrong, Christie, Mctominay.
It's just the way he put it that doesn't come across well. I would only say Mcginn is better than what we have anyway. Possibly Fleck.

SSR

Think we need to move away from this 10 in a row narrative.
Should be all about Rangers, for most of their run we've been in a place of not being able to do anything about it.
Hollow victories in a one horse race where the other horse was nobbled for most of the race !!

Uncle Albert

He's right but there does have to be a blend.

I'd rather have had Shinnie than Kamara in those 2 games at Tynecastle.

CaptainCourageous

Shinnie wasn't good enough last summer, what's changed?

He certainly wouldn't get near our midfield he is simply not an option at left back.

OohAhHuistra

We've got Docherty and Mcrorie who are up for a battle. Is Shinnie any better than them? Plus it would kill me to see him in our strip. It's a good point you make though and I hope we've learned something from certain away games the last two seasons.
Play any the 3 and kiss goodbye to any trophy

Crouchy

McLean isn’t a bad shout actually.

Still not sure he’s the star we need, but he’s good in the air, which is another bonus.

Jack and McLean does feel a bit Sheep 2014 type stuff.

Rfc loyal

That is a very fair point. I don't think we should compromise on quality (and I stand by my post above) BUT mentality will be huge this season.
I agree would like most of players to be of quality obviously and one or 2 like Shinnie or someone like Kevin Thomson etc.
Walter always had a few hard workers etc in his team.

Rfc loyal

You say that but docherty no where near dirty,cynical whatever you wana call it like Shinnie,is doc better player than Shinnie probably yes but we have proven time and time again sometimes in away games we get bullied.
Mccrorie does have potential and was like a man possessed against tims but again would argue still not a dirty hate losing type player imo although that could come in time.

Rfc loyal

What about the fact he’s pish
Listen I’m not saying Shinnie is quality player far from it all in saying is we need someone who putting it bluntly is a wee b*stard and will be in peoples faces and will be the players to take a yellow when opposition are looking dangerous etc.
We miss tht in our team against the hammer throwers,remember we won leagues with broadfoat and dailly in our team.

CapitalBear1973

Because Scotland are better in midfield than we are?

Mcginn, Mcgregor, Fleck, Armstrong, Christie, Mctominay.
Disagree that these are better than Jack, Arfield, Kamara, Aribo and Hagi (subject to each of them having the right mentality). One thing's for sure - Shinnie is not an upgrade.

bearspakora

Next season, the atmosphere in Scottish football will be toxic. No ref will want to be the one held responsible for that mob dropping points. The media will publicly crucify officials and put them in danger.