Rangers pull out of Hastie move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherwell attacker Jack Hastie has agreed personal terms with Rangers as he closes in on summer transfer, Football Insider sources understand.
The Glasgow giants are closing in on the capture of Hastie, who is out of contract at ‘Well at the end of the season and able to leave for a compensation fee.

A club source has told Football Insider that the 21-year-old has agreed the terms of a four-year deal with Rangers worth £15,000-a-week including bonuses.
This will provide the Motherwell academy product with massive pay hike and demonstrates the massive strides he has made since returning to his club in January after spending the first half of the campaign on loan at Championship strugglers Alloa Athletic.

Hastie has made a big impact at Stephen Robinson’s side, netting six goals in 13 games, with five of those strikes coming in league fixtures.
Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has given the green light for the arrival of the Scotland Under-21 international as his club take advantage of the player’s availability in the summer.

Hastie will join another young winger, Kilmarnock ace Jordan Jones, who signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers in January, in making the move from a lesser SPL light to Ibrox.

Is he any good? Haven't seen him play, and i see he only made his motherwell debut in january. I know he's been getting a lot of plaudits since then, but anyone on here seen much of him to give me an idea of what kind of player he is or what potential he has?

Would think MFC would be looking at £200K/£300K it might go to tribunal same as Lewis Ferguson.
Fair enough, can’t argue with that.

Always think this tribunal system is a bit odd, getting a player in before knowing what he’s gonna cost you, think dundee Utd got a bit of a shock when they signed Telfer from us

Are we "closing in on him" or have we "agreed terms"? The article mentions both. If we've agreed terms then we're not closing in.

Are we "closing in on him" or have we "agreed terms"? The article mentions both. If we've agreed terms then we're not closing in.
MoJo had agreed terms with Celtic before we signed him, nothing's official until it's signed.

Pleased with this if true,the type of signing we should always be looking to make-low risk with big potential.
Going to go out on a limb and suggest the 4k a week will be closer to the mark than the 15k in the article!

Is £15k a week not pretty steep? A season with Airdrie and played ten games for Motherwell this year.

I did see him score a cracking goal against Hearts recently, he was impressive that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back