Rangers pull out of Hastie move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherwell attacker Jack Hastie has agreed personal terms with Rangers as he closes in on summer transfer, Football Insider sources understand.
The Glasgow giants are closing in on the capture of Hastie, who is out of contract at ‘Well at the end of the season and able to leave for a compensation fee.

A club source has told Football Insider that the 21-year-old has agreed the terms of a four-year deal with Rangers worth £15,000-a-week including bonuses.
This will provide the Motherwell academy product with massive pay hike and demonstrates the massive strides he has made since returning to his club in January after spending the first half of the campaign on loan at Championship strugglers Alloa Athletic.

Hastie has made a big impact at Stephen Robinson’s side, netting six goals in 13 games, with five of those strikes coming in league fixtures.
Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has given the green light for the arrival of the Scotland Under-21 international as his club take advantage of the player’s availability in the summer.

Hastie will join another young winger, Kilmarnock ace Jordan Jones, who signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers in January, in making the move from a lesser SPL light to Ibrox.
Decent prospect. I doubt the wage reported there is accurate.

Is Jones still a young winger at 24? That's almost middle aged in football terms is it not?

Following ID10's post that was deleted, here's all sheep players out of contract in the summer:

Tomas Cerny
Greg Halford
Dominic Ball
Graeme Shinnie
Andrew Considine
Max Lowe
Gary MacKay-Steven
James Wilson (out of contract with Man Utd)
Greg Stewart (out of contract with Birmingham)

If he’s saying it’s not shinnie I think it’s going to be the ex tim player or stewart from that list.

Fair enough, can’t argue with that.

Always think this tribunal system is a bit odd, getting a player in before knowing what he’s gonna cost you, think dundee Utd got a bit of a shock when they signed Telfer from us

Haha Cafu,remember that,they were shitting themselves about that,it was funny as feck.

Is £15k a week not pretty steep? A season with Airdrie and played ten games for Motherwell this year.

I did see him score a cracking goal against Hearts recently, he was impressive that day.

That £15k a week including bonuses figure reported on the Football Insider website is bollocks. Maybe if he plays in a Rangers Champions League winning side and for Scotland in a World Cup winning team.

From what I am hearing it will be a basic £4K per week. Ten times what Motherwell were offering.

Made a point of watching him after we had been linked.

Definite decent potential. Powerful, strong winger & a different sort to any winger we currently have. Direct and loves a pop at goal.

Currently a bit of a one trick pony and defenders have started sussing him out after doing very well as an unknown in his first few games (similar to Middleton in that regard). Doesn’t really like to, or know how to, go outside of a man.

I know you shouldn’t get excited by just a few clips but I can’t help myself.

I’m excited!
I think its the fact he can score goals from anywhere and he is really strong and direct, im not sure what his crossing is like though.

Following ID10's post that was deleted, here's all sheep players out of contract in the summer:

Tomas Cerny
Greg Halford
Dominic Ball
Graeme Shinnie
Andrew Considine
Max Lowe
Gary MacKay-Steven

What happened there then? We supposedly in for an Aberdeen player on pre-contract? Obvious choice would be Shinnie given the rumours but I never saw ID10s post to know what was happening.

What happened there then? We supposedly in for an Aberdeen player on pre-contract? Obvious choice would be Shinnie given the rumours but I never saw ID10s post to know what was happening.
The post said shinnie isn’t the Bosman from aberdeen we’re after.

All the posts discussing Hastie's supposed £15k a week wage were deleted by the looks of it.

He hinted that we are looking at signing an Aberdeen player on a bosman that isn't Shinnie.

Tomas Cerny
Greg Halford
Dominic Ball
Graeme Shinnie
Andrew Considine
Max Lowe
Gary MacKay-Steven
What did the post say?

Lowe is the only player there worth taking.

Tomas Cerny
Greg Halford
Dominic Ball
Graeme Shinnie
Andrew Considine
Max Lowe
Gary MacKay-Steven

How utterly depressing.

Looks a better player than Grezda, personally i think he'll be off in the summer, as he dosen't look happy playing in Scotland.Nor does Barisic imo.
He currently isn’t better than Grezda.

2 min highlight clip & this boys the next Laudrup. Calm yer jets. There is better young Motherwell players nevermind our first team players.

FWIW poets were very interested and actually thought they stole him from our grasps

Liewell will make sure that doesn’t get out though.

Gerrard really impressed him when they met a month or so ago.

You don’t think he’d have went the other way if he’d had to opportunity to meet a shell suit cladded lurgan bigot for a roll n pie?

I’d imagine this is the sort of thing where Gerrard will really give us an advantage. Who wouldn’t be a bit gaga at the prospect of meeting and playing under a superstar player. I just can’t see treacle teeth having that same effect.

Last edited:

Definite decent potential. Powerful, strong winger & a different sort to any winger we currently have. Direct and loves a pop at goal.

Currently a bit of a one trick pony and defenders have started sussing him out after doing very well as an unknown in his first few games (similar to Middleton in that regard). Doesn’t really like to, or know how to, go outside of a man.
I will take a one trick pony who hits the back of the net often

Agree MSF. I’m sure we will work on this, but we will have to as part of his development.

I also noticed he doesn’t track back as he should, but he’s a talented kid & we will I’m sure address these things.

Reactions: MSF
I quite like the look of Hastie and Ferguson as well at Aberdeen.

He (Ferguson) has a bit of bite about him that we need. Cant think of any other Aberdeen players i'd particularly want.

Motherwell attacker Jack Hastie has agreed personal terms with Rangers as he closes in on summer transfer, Football Insider sources understand.
The Glasgow giants are closing in on the capture of Hastie, who is out of contract at ‘Well at the end of the season and able to leave for a compensation fee.

A club source has told Football Insider that the 21-year-old has agreed the terms of a four-year deal with Rangers worth £15,000-a-week including bonuses.
This will provide the Motherwell academy product with massive pay hike and demonstrates the massive strides he has made since returning to his club in January after spending the first half of the campaign on loan at Championship strugglers Alloa Athletic.

Hastie has made a big impact at Stephen Robinson’s side, netting six goals in 13 games, with five of those strikes coming in league fixtures.
Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has given the green light for the arrival of the Scotland Under-21 international as his club take advantage of the player’s availability in the summer.

Hastie will join another young winger, Kilmarnock ace Jordan Jones, who signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers in January, in making the move from a lesser SPL light to Ibrox.

"Football Insider" can't even get his name right. It's Jake Hastie.

The positives for me are that Rangers have always sought to pick up the best young Scottish talent and this kid looks to have fabulous potential for us to develop, but I find myself wondering what role he’s been brought in to play.

If it’s more for the medium to long term, great, but surely we’re still looking to add much better out of the box quality this summer?

We now have Murphy, Grezda, Middleton, Candeias, Jones and Hastie all vying for the two wide attacker berths.

In order to add the quality we still quite evidently need we’re surely going to have to sell, but who goes?

Had a look in the Motherwell forum to see if there's any more info on the transfer. They seem to think he's signing on a 14k p/w contract. :oops:

No chance he’s on 15k a week 4-5k more likely.

He plays on the right and is left footed but has a ok right foot as well. I was talking to a Motherwell fan yesterday and he was raving about how good he was he was like a young Bale the wall he plays quick and powerful. The talk was 4 year deal with going on loan the firs first season don’t know if that’s changed now but that’s Rangers told him when we spoke to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back