Rangers title party linked to Covid surge among police - DR, Jane Hamilton

Jane Hamilton is well known for fabricating stories that put Rangers and Rangers supporters in a bad light. Being made to apologise and an IPSO judgement going against them has taught the Daily Record nothing.
The Daily Record employs people who hate Rangers and use the paper as a vehicle to push their anti Rangers agenda. Jane Hamilton is one of those people.

I work in a supermarket there has been approximately 400,000 people through the doors, never been unwell or had to isolate.. still not had the jag yet.... And yet we have 30 young healthy police officers infected.... Made up nonsense...
I'll assume at some point you'll be on a till handling the same goods as the general public, and working indoors.

Yet here we have officers outside and distanced from the crowd having to isolate?

Jane Hamilton is a liar and a bigot.

yJmFAho.gif

Didn't the dentist already say that there was no spike in cases in relation to our title party? Someone is lying and it isn't Leitch this time

Rangers title party crowds linked to Covid case surge among police officers​

Officers tested positive for coronavirus after working among the crowds at Ibrox and George Square and fans have been told they'll be locked up if they turn up outside Old Firm match.

Fans have been warned they will be locked up if they show up at tomorrow’s Old Firm clash, following a surge in cases among police officers linked to the Rangers title celebrations.

The Record has learned more than 30 police officers have had to self-isolate after some of them tested positive for Covid-19 after working among the crowds at Ibrox and George Square two weeks ago.

With fears of similar scenes tomorrow, it was speculated that the third derby meeting of the season could be postponed by the authorities.

But Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf yesterday confirmed that the match will be allowed to go ahead as scheduled, with a significant police presence to maintain order.
They were wearing face masks during their job, so the risk was minimal. Maybe when they drove to the place in the vans some didn`t wore them and one or two had been infected before? Oh wait ... not the party line.

If 30 police had to isolate the game would be off after how the snp and polis have been going on, does anyone know who you would submit an FOI to check this?

Also who regulates written media to complaint?

I’m going to start calling out all of this shite, press should be held to account for their lies.

Thought it can take up to 3 weeks? Is this the only job that the police force have carried out in the past 3 weeks? Do the police not go to supermarkets or have children that are now back to school?

%^*& off, shower of cunts had a template of stories to run with the second the filth bottled it against a piss poor Dundee side.

I really do feel for the older generation who perhaps do still rely on the BBC and print media for news, shameful

Police should have been the first to be vaccinated. This is on the government, not us.
If it's true.
Which it isn't.

The Govt took the advice of the independent joint vaccination committee, which said they should vaccinate those at greatest risk of death from covid first, rather than those are greatest risk of catching it. The stats showed that the chances of someone in the age band of a typical copper dying was pretty low. Of course they didn’t think on the effect of having 100s of coppers isolating because they had the virus.

To whom it may concern,

I’m writing with regards to a report today in the media that over 30 police staff had to self isolate after monitoring the Rangers supporters celebrations at George Square.

I would like to be issued with the following details(please note I do not require any personal details only figures so this FOI is GDPR compliant)

1. Total number of employed police officers in the Strathclyde/Glasgow area?
2. Number of officers on duty at George Square Glasgow the 7th of March?
3. Total number of positive test results from officers March 2020-2021.
4. Total number of officers who tested positive in the weeks after the 7th of March?
5. Total number of officers in isolation 7th-20th of March?

Have sent this to police Scotland FOI’s, about time this boot was called out.

What a load of bollocks, so the virus bypassed the fans and hit the polis
That bitch has history of writing lies about Rangers and Rangers supporters especially after the 2016 Scottish cup final when she accused us of contributing to the trouble on the park when it was the Hibs hooligans who caused it and attacked Rangers players. She also lied about the Rangers fans saying that we prevented the police from accessing the ground when in fact we, and I and my son were questioning the police in their vans outside the stadium why they were just sitting there while there was mayhem going on inside Hampden.
She is a bitter Rangers hater who has no right to be working in a national newspaper if she is unable to report the truth.

W.A.T.P.

Jane Hamilton has no credibility as a reporter or a human being. She is a proven liar, working for a lying news outlet. Ignore.

Jason Leitch himself said about this, 'We don't know for sure that one thing led to the other' (quoted in today's Evening/Glasgow Times)..

BBC Report headline

Covid in Scotland: Police test positive after Rangers celebrations​

The Detail

The BBC understands at least two officers involved in the policing operation later tested positive although it is not possible to determine with certainty where they were infected.

Oh this scumbag again. She's the one who said we were throwing kids infront of police vans trying to get to Hampden wasn't she? Or I'm I mistaken here?

If 30 coppers have tested positive, it's because they clearly aren't following social distance/ hygiene measures within their place of work.

So on one side we have the "expert" who we are constantly told to listen to saying the gatherings didn't make a difference and on the other side we have this scumbag saying it contributed to 30 coppers catching covid.

Pure fabrication from a long time Rangers hater.

If only there was another, more pressing story but this sort just don’t take a day off.

I thought it was impossible to identify where someone caught in ?

Wiuld presume given the nature if the job they would have multiple contacts in many locations on any shift

The only surge our title party caused is the number of weans called Alfie, Ryan, Connor and James in 9 months.

I don’t understand why they all have to self isolate. I got contacted by track and trace as we had a positive “customer” in my business. We all wear PPE at all times - socially distance all the good stuff. No one had to isolate. If we had a spate of positives after I’d have been investigated by the local health board.
So I would say this is a failure of police cross infection protocols and an issue for HSE. That’s the real story.

The club need to call her and that article out!

Club1872, a supporters group, should call her out on the article imo. Rangers have bigger things to deal with than this lowlife.

I wonder if it would be possible to make a request to police scotland to provide the information that back up Hamiltons claim?

Back