MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Toss up between Bassey and Kamara as the best of a bad bunch. Went for Kamara. Bassey at CB was all over the place at times in the first half. Kamara certainly was no more than 6 out of 10 but the rest were worse. thought Borna did well today. Aside from that delighted we managed to grind out the win. Roofe brought much needed energy to a very tired looking team. We definitely need to use our subs more.

Last edited:
Something that I've noticed in a few recent games is how Alfie "closes down" on opposition goalies -- he runs at them and then slows down as he gets near (in other words, doesn't get right in front of them to block a kick).
It's quite odd.

It was noticeable today that as soon as Roofe came on he charged down every ball that he could, and indeed Arfield did the same as the game went on too.

This is a tactic that although it can gradually sap the energy from our players, it pays dividends because most Scottish keepers when under pressure usually hit poor kicks out (yes, I know), some even going straight out.

It was the first real difference that I saw when Roofe came on.
And it's nice to have a goal-scorer being in the one place where we actually need him when the ball is bouncing around in front of the goalmouth.

Team were brilliant pushing up and being in Borrussia Dortmunds faces making them look very ordinary.....move on to SPL matches and it's back off back off back off. Why the tactics are changed for league games against dross is a head scratcher. We are great moving and passing at speed but the players seem determined to slow it down every chance they get.

Team were brilliant pushing up and being in Borrussia Dortmunds faces making them look very ordinary.....move on to SPL matches and it's back off back off back off. Why the tactics are changed for league games against dross is a head scratcher. We are great moving and passing at speed but the players seem determined to slow it down every chance they get.
Goldson, Bassey (when at centre back) and Kamara are doing my head in with this.

Something that I've noticed in a few recent games is how Alfie "closes down" on opposition goalies -- he runs at them and then slows down as he gets near (in other words, doesn't get right in front of them to block a kick).
It's quite odd.

It was noticeable today that as soon as Roofe came on he charged down every ball that he could, and indeed Arfield did the same as the game went on too.

This is a tactic that although it can gradually sap the energy from our players, it pays dividends because most Scottish keepers when under pressure usually hit poor kicks out (yes, I know), some even going straight out.

It was the first real difference that I saw when Roofe came on.
And it's nice to have a goal-scorer being in the one place where we actually need him when the ball is bouncing around in front of the goalmouth.
he has been doing it for a while , jogs towards the keeper but never close enough to get hit on the arse by the clearance like he managed last season against dundee i think it was. As you say , roofe has a sprint in him

Back