MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just on way home from game. Relieved. Not a great performance but we ground it out. They are a better team than their league position says. Certainly defensively.

Mom was clearly between Kamara and Bassey for me (assuming we exclude Roofe). I went for Glen as I thought he did things I wasn’t expecting. He got forward. He put his foot in. And the move and cross for the winner. His best performance for ages. Big Shirley was brilliant again though, Both at CB and LB. Whst a player he is. To be fair to Borna I thought he did ok but we looked far more lively when Bassey switched. Sakala also very good I thought. Most of the rest were average today.

3 points. Move on.

Highlight so far has been Hagi dressed like Dracula that's been up all night snorting gear.

FC144-DC8-BD84-438-F-A0-BE-D375092-C7-AAF.jpg

Last edited:
Rangers poor again today. I can’t see any tactics or patterns of play like we saw when Gerrard’s team was flying. Substitution should of been Kamara and Aribo off and keep Morelos on with Roofe.

Please improve Gio!
We drew with them at home under Gerrard in October with the same ref.

kamara has all that skill so why not play him further up and use it He seems severely lacking in confidence to take his man on all the time

Some baws on Gio taking off Morelos, would have got unreal shit if that hadn’t worked out
Your correct, he would have been slaughtered but the reality is Alfie was utterly pish today, didn’t hold the ball up, moves constantly broke down through him, wasn’t bullying or harassing their players and for the few balls into the box in good spaces he was on his heals or no where near. Alfie can count that as a day off today!

I'm happy with that. I said before the game, three points any which way, and thats what we did. The football might not have been attractive, but we took the game to them second half and got our reward.

Whilst we were a little laborious today, taking a touch too many, or hesitating, when the first time pass was the right option, it was pleasing the way we contained the Sheep defensively. I cant remember one single chance from them today where I felt threatened. That's clealy a positive from recent weeks

I thought Goldson, Bassey and Kamara all had good games, and the MOTM is one of those three

P.S. Another game where game changing decisions were missed by the referee. A clear pass back, that must have been seen by both Beaton and the lineman, and a free kick not given. I mean WT-actual-F? What reason could there be to ignore that. Also the payback on Arfield should have been a straight red. Not only was it a disgraceful challenge and clearly a deliberate attempt to hurt an opponent I"m sure there was a sly punch thrown before the tackle.

We really need to start calling these officials out on their mistakes, honest or otherwise. Its every single week now that major calls are going against us. Now is the time to raise it, after a win, where we cant be accused of sour grapes.

Last edited:
the new compliance officer needs to be having a look at that wee bastards challenge on arfield, he went at him to cause serious injury, if its left to the media they will say f@ck all,so our club need to come out swinging on this one, a horrendous challenge
Did he not have a wee slap at the back of his head before the tackle too? Maybe I was seeing things.

Just to put any thoughts of offside to bed - no chance. Player on touchline at top of 6 yard box plays everyone on:

And handball doesn't apply either. Think Israel goal at Hampden. From the rules:

Following this clarification, it is a handball offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball;
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised; or
  • scores in the opponents’ goal:
    • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper; or
    • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental.
Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.

Good result. Lack of goals a concern. Bit of pressure on them tomorrow now.
Subs should still be used earlier, but all in all I'm a happy bear. :)

THANK FCUK FOR THAT!

Great tap-in from Roofe! Great build up from Kamara!
Three points! Last game against Aberdeen this season.

Saattaa olla, että riipasen kovan kännin tänään :D

Suggesting that GvB's job was on the line depending on the result today. It's nonsense.

We're all bears, we all care. This trend of ramping up the hysteria with comical takes in an attempt to show you care more is tiresome.
If we’d drawn/lost today it very much should have been. But the 3 points is all that matters.

And most of your posts here/lounge are comical takes tbf

Big Bassey for me as motm
I went for Roofe but your probably right. Amazing that a young lad, back up LB at the start of the season has been our goto player this season. Brilliant job covering CB and every bit the No1 LB these days.
His attitude and application is second to none, also came on so much in his overall play. He can make a mistake now and then but never looks nervous and always willing to take a player on and get forward. Developing into a very good player, just needs to learn how to head the ball now :)

Just on way home from game. Relieved. Not a great performance but we ground it out. They are a better team than their league position says. Certainly defensively.

Mom was clearly between Kamara and Bassey for me (assuming we exclude Roofe). I went for Glen as I thought he did things I wasn’t expecting. He got forward. He put his foot in. And the move and cross for the winner. His best performance for ages. Big Shirley was brilliant again though, Both at CB and LB. Whst a player he is. To be fair to Borna I thought he did ok but we looked far more lively when Bassey switched. Sakala also very good I thought. Most of the rest were average today.

3 points. Move on.
Your mom likes her men like she likes her coffee?

Your correct, he would have been slaughtered but the reality is Alfie was utterly pish today, didn’t hold the ball up, moves constantly broke down through him, wasn’t bullying or harassing their players and for the few balls into the box in good spaces he was on his heals or no where near. Alfie can count that as a day off today!
There are too many games when Alfie does fuckk all,

Thank you Kemar Roofe for brightening up my Saturday night

He east utterly pish. Your ability to analyse football however. There are degrees of performance between Motm and utterly pish. I know they don’t exist on FF, but they do in the real world inhabited by grown up people.

This. 2nd half we played with more intensity, hunted in packs & were never in any danger. It wasn't outstanding 2nd half but there was a clear improvement.

Tyldesley was bang on when he said there were many wins like that last season.

That's 2 wins this week when we've not played great. But we have also barely conceded a chance.
It’s football. We’ve played better in games this season than our last two games and dropped points. It’s only about winning the next eight games.

It’s football. We’ve played better in games this season than our last two games and dropped points. It’s only about winning the next eight games.

Bang on.

Would be nice to be less stressed every game but that's never traditionally been our style in title races!

We drew with them at home under Gerrard in October with the same ref.
How do we keep getting the same referee who is scared to ref us fairly and give us legitimate big, result changing decisions (correct decisions I mean, not favours) against the same club that cheat, dive and foul their way through every game with us. A notoriously difficult game for Rangers and we constantly get the same shitebag ref. What are the odds?

Back