Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Tuesday - Periscope Loyal

Curious as to why folk thing we'll change our formation tonight?
As I think he’ll look to get Defoe into the side somehow given we’ve struggled to score against Aberdeen and Hibs. Not sure I fancy it but I think he might given SG alluded to finding different solutions in the final third on Friday post match.

We all will, its released an hour before the match....?!?

thatsthejoke.jpg

As I think he’ll look to get Defoe into the side somehow given we’ve struggled to score against Aberdeen and Hibs. Not sure I fancy it but I think he might given SG alluded to finding different solutions in the final third on Friday post match.

They ain't clever in midfield and I'd like to see us go 4-4-2.

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Worrall Halliday

Candeias Jack Kamara Kent

Lafferty Defoe

Arfield and Morelos ready to come off the bench if needed.

McGregor

Lafferty Defoe

I kind of agree but then I think why leave one of the best young strikers in the world on the bench in case our bent referees book him ?

Huge call for Gerrard tonight

I’m abroad at the moment.

Are there any European stations showing this live like the Kilmarnock game?

I know everyone said it was a total blackout but there was a German channel showing it if I remember correctly

He's got to start Morelos. No point 'saving' him for a match at might not even make it to if he doesn't play.

Aberdeen in a must win Scottish Cup Quarter final - play your strongest side.

I kind of agree but then I think why leave one of the best young strikers in the world on the bench in case our bent referees book him ?

Huge call for Gerrard tonight

Ideally Morelos plays and we go with the settled team, but we all know the script.

Lafferty and Defoe will cause them a lot of bother, especially with two wide men turning their full backs.

McGregor

Lafferty Defoe

Surely not serious! This is our biggest game of the season now. Our best players start or we might not have any more big games this season.

Start Alfie. No point worrying about the semi final until and unless we get there.

However long he plays tonight, it’s up to him to stay out of trouble and not get carded.

Thought we might have changed it up tonight against the sheep they seem to know how to come up against this system. mccrorie not even in squad

Interesting situation tonight. Can’t see anyway Alfie gets through this without a booking but can understand why Gerrard has started him. Looks like it’s SF against the beasts without Alfie assuming we do win tonight.

Say this a lot, but if we like this formation I don't get why there's never a winger on the bench.
Injury to Candeais or Kent means whole shape has to change or someone out of position
I agree but Middleton has struggled badly recently and Grezda is clearly not fit enough so other than Atakayi we don’t have one. I’d give the youngster a go but he’s just back from that injury v M/well too.

Say this a lot, but if we like this formation I don't get why there's never a winger on the bench.
Injury to Candeais or Kent means whole shape has to change or someone out of position

Totally agree mate.....no winger (Middleton) on the bench and three midfielders. If Davies is so bad at present then there is no point in having him on the bench at all.

Agree mate 2 central midfielders and 2 strikers but no wide men. Maybe it's a cunning plan

That's a strong line up and if we go about our business in the correct manner we batter them.

Forget tactics,it's a cup tie at home and a high tempo and desire right from the start will get the job done.
You would hope this time around we won't come up short.

Back