Match Thread Rangers v Ayr United - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

Not a bad suggestion at all but, with 6 youngsters apparently in the squad, I think it's going to be a little bit different from that. I suppose Middleton still may be counted as a youngster. Maybe start one of the midfielders (Kelly, Palmer, Thomson)? Is Andy Dallas going to get a chance? McCrorie (goalie) on the bench instead of AMcG?

Spoiled for choice. Happy days.
Hoping youngsters get a chance but we still need a decent number of first teamers. We can absolutely win this tournament and it would a good boost ahead of the league title bid.

I know this has been discussed at length but a lad at work says if both ourselves and the dregs of humanity make it to the semi finals after tonight that the team playing at home on the Thursday night would play their semi final on the Saturday (providing we aren't drawn against eachother) Apparently Gary Mac confirmed this?

I know this has been discussed at length but a lad at work says if both ourselves and the dregs of humanity make it to the semi finals after tonight that the team playing at home on the Thursday night would play their semi final on the Saturday (providing we aren't drawn against eachother) Apparently Gary Mac confirmed this?

Yeah its true unless we both draw each other, in which case the game will be played on the Sunday.

What are we expecting tonight team wise? I reckon we could go quite strong:

__________Foderingham
Flanagan__Worrall_Katic__Barisic
______McCrorie_Halliday
Grezda_____Dorrans___Middleton
__________Morelos

Depending on Barisic' fitness, maybe Flanagan to left, McCrorie to right, and Coulibaly in midfield.

Has anyone seen Ayr this season? They seem to be doing not bad, and Shankland is on great form. Big Rangers fan too, need to get him shackled early. The "diddy" teams are actually the worst to play in a crowded fixture schedule as they can often be filled with hammer throwers who are either 19th Century Terrorists or just can't keep up with the pace so hack players down, and referees often take a leniant view on their antics under the guise of "They're only wee, they're trying their best". Hopefully have this one out of sight by half time and bring the big guns off

I'd imagine we'd be playing on the Saturday as we are at home on the Thursday night.

I'd imagine we'd be playing on the Saturday as we are at home on the Thursday night.

Seems so but the club should demand both ties played on Sunday but one game at murrayfield. Presumably hearts will beat motherwell tonight so it makes sense

From our recent experience I’d suggest Ayr will be useful. I’ve long believed there’s little or no difference in quality between the top 4 or 5 in the championship and bottom 6 in Premiership. They’ll be confident Shankland can get them a goal as they will get chances.
We need to be on it from the start, 4-1 Gers.

Don't think this will be easy street tonight. Can see Ayr having a good go of it.
Still going for a win tho.
3-1 The Sons of William.
C'MON THE RANGERS! ! ! !

What are we expecting tonight team wise? I reckon we could go quite strong:

__________Foderingham
Flanagan__Worrall_Katic__Barisic
______McCrorie_Halliday
Grezda_____Dorrans___Middleton
__________Morelos

Depending on Barisic' fitness, maybe Flanagan to left, McCrorie to right, and Coulibaly in midfield.

I highly doubt we will risk Barisic. Keep him wrapped up for the weekend

Expect a wee 3 or 4 goal victory. Think Katic/Worrall central defence, Ejaria and Halliday midfield with Kent & Middleton out wide. Morelos with a couple.

Grezda not in the squad according to H&H Daily Update.

Quite surprised by that, thought his 45 mins on Monday might have been prep for this game.

You can bet your boots that,if both Rangers and the dregs of humanity win tonight,we'll be drawn against each other.

The SPFL just could'nt handle the fall out that would come their way with any other outcome.

Apologies if already asked, but does this go to extra time tonight then penalties or straight to penalties?

Not that I think we won’t win it in 90mins.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

We don't want to see any of the "it's only Ayr United" attitude. Keep the good feel factor going, a couple of quick goals and get the job done.

Good luck to the fringe players that get their chance to shine tonight.

Mon the Gers, just do it.
Agreed.
We took a point of villareal on their turf. No easy games until you score 3 and put the game to bed early.

When will the line up be known?

If we have a relatively strong front line I too fancy -2 before the bookies bring the price in.

Grezda not in the squad according to H&H Daily Update.

Quite surprised by that, thought his 45 mins on Monday might have been prep for this game.
45 mins in a reserve game and ten mins against Dundee is all he has played since may...
He will be eased in to ensure injury doesn't reoccur

45 mins in a reserve game and ten mins against Dundee is all he has played since may...
He will be eased in to ensure injury doesn't reoccur

His goal alone made him look like he was levels and levels above reserve foootbsll even at his current rate. I get the feeling he will be very good when he finally starts playing but not like we are desperate for him so the management team can ease him in gently.

According to @rfcyouthupdates on Twitter:
Robby McCrorie, Ross McCrorie, Glenn Middleton, Stephen Kelly, Cammy Palmer & Jack Thomson are all in the 1st team squad for tonight's game.

This was the Rangers line up when we last faced Ayr United at Ibrox, 5 years ago.

Bell, Faure, Wallace, Black, McCulloch, Mohsni, Peralta, MacLeod, Clark, Daly, Aird

(edit)

Last edited:
__________Foderingham
Flanagan__Worrall_Katic__Wallace
______McCrorie_Halliday
Candeias_____Dorrans___Middleton
____________Morelos

This was the Rangers line up when we last faced Ayr United at Ibrox, 5 years ago.

Bell, Faure, Wallace, Black, McCulloch, Mohsni, Peralta, MacLeod, Clark, Daly, Aird

(edit)
Where are they now:

Bell - Partick Thistle
Faure - French 4th tier
Black - Tranent Juniors
Moshni - no club after Dundee United contract ended
Parelta - Was shot dead in 2015
McLeod - Brentford
Clark - Dundee United
Aird - Dundee United

:eek:

I don't like it when Managers rest lots of players for what they reckon are easy Cup games. It often comes back to bite them on the arse. Get the job done in the first half, then rest whoever they like.

Agree Muttley mate. Let’s pay Ayr respect. An easy win keeps the momentum going too.

Back