Match Thread Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen - 13:00 - Free to watch on Rangers Youtube, Facebook and Twitter

Only a friendly but good to see the Gers after the World cup break. Also good to see Michael Beale out directing the play.
Tav and Alfie had good second halves ,also a mention for young Devine , he had a good game also.

Enjoyed that.

Yes it’s a friendly, but we probably got exactly what we wanted from it. Played well and a chance to see a lot of players getting a workout.

All in all that was very good. I don't think any of the players will feel they've hurt their chances today. Everyone was at least "good" and a few were excellent. On that performance lots of players looking for shirts. Morelos was excellent second half, as were all the midfielders and Scott Wright. Nice Lowry cameo at the end.

The UB’s aren’t very intelligent are they?

Weird songbook in a time they’re trying to get the club to help them move more central.
Not their biggest fan but didn't sound like it was them? Bunch of wee bams maybe

Hopefully easy enough to identify them though

Get Lowry on against Hibs, he’s adds something we need in the midfield. Should be between him and Tillman for the attacking mid role. He has such an eye for a pass though.

We need to base our rebuild around players like Tillman and Lowry. Both need to be given freedom to play. Lowry is as smooth as silk on the ball. Very impressed with Devine too, although I thought he was a right back.

Passing far sharper

Movement aplenty off the ball

Players clearly know their positions again

Players know when to press and moving across etc like we seen under Gerrard, especially first half

One touch passing has been a joy to watch at times

Scored from a corner

3 goals, could have been more

Clean sheet so far

Granted only a friendly but the improvements from 4 weeks ago has been clear to see

It was also noticeable that when we lost the ball going forward we would immediately press the player on the ball and make a tactical foul to stop any counter attacks if we couldn’t win it back quickly.

Early days but very encouraging. Our shape was absolute miles better both in and out of possession

Players looked liked they knew exactly what their role was. Beale spoke about the players getting closer together and linking up, we saw that today with more players also getting in the box.

I remember the West Ham friendly.

But everyone needed that today. We’ll see how we play when it’s 10 men behind the ball.

Colak never got involved in the first half even against a side not trying too hard. Morelos offers so much more in link up play. Will Beale play both, with Morelos on the right where he was most of the time today ?

Ally Love the Dumbarton FC clogger who when 7-0 down with a minute to go, tried to put Alec Lowry out of the game, must be royally pissed off today.
Lowry turns out for Rangers while Love reflects not only on his failure then, but his failure as a footballer and as a person, before and since.
Great to see Lowry back.

exactly how we should be playing. We might not always win but that's the level we should expect every week

What a very nice watch. Brilliant run out for the players.

Wee Devine was great.

Morelos looking a little like the Morelos we know. He is going to really suit this style. Colak needs to get his finger out though. As someone said, a big lad but seems weak as sh*t. Hopefully he’ll work out okay.

I know a friendly, but I was very happy with performance.

Back