Match Thread Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen - 13:00 - Free to watch on Rangers Youtube, Facebook and Twitter

8 subs made, this was always going to happen particularly bringing on the elder statesmen
Off course. Thought the first half players had moved out of Gio mode into Beale mode quicker. Saw more signs of the backwards sideways stuff in the second half.

What a very nice watch. Brilliant run out for the players.

Wee Devine was great.

Morelos looking a little like the Morelos we know. He is going to really suit this style. Colak needs to get his finger out though. As someone said, a big lad but seems weak as sh*t. Hopefully he’ll work out okay.

I know a friendly, but I was very happy with performance.
I was very impressed with Devine too.

Hope to see Lowry and Tillman starting on Thursday. Feel more confident about Devine starting at LB after today. Sands and King were solid. Kamara and Jack were comfortable. I think Colak still works harder than Morelos and is clearer the fitter of the 2. I know Morelos needs games to find that fitness but I still think he looks like he’s towing a boat but Morelos does abit more when dropping off and linking play. Not an easy decision for Beale.

I'm not usually one to predict a player will go on to be sold for mega money but it seems clear as day to me that Tillman will end up at the very least a £25 million player in the coming years. Would be biting Bayerns hand off at the chance to get him on the cheap if we have the option.
Honestly the boy Oozes quality

I could see him being a £50 million player if his career goes the way i think it will . I hope we don’t miss a trick here

That's more like it ,enjoyable performance today all round. Seems to me some players did down tools and didn't do it for GVB.

A friendly yes but a very positive work out. Every player new exactly what he was supposed to do. Played as a team ,closed down well and got forward at every opportunity. The first half midfield trio were excellent.

Albeit a friendly but I enjoyed that performance and against a decent side. Great to have proper football back after only having WC p1sh to watch (not really, but emotional involvement totally missing).

Honestly the boy Oozes quality

I could see him being a £50 million player if his career goes the way i think it will . I hope we don’t miss a trick here
Wasn’t so long ago he was labelled as absolutely shite from some of our fans.

Let’s not get carried away with either end of the spectrum. He had a good game, fingers crossed he can continue that form for the next six months.

Biggest differences were the attitude of the players individually and collectively and the fact that when someone got the ball in midfield the first thought was to try and turn and play a forward pass.
Great to see Jack & Kamara back.

only saw the second half and not impressed with the keeping the zero . 3 nil up and still knocking the ball backwards instead of practicing attacking in a friendly game

hotfuzz-fuzz.gif

Yes let’s drop the role model pro, league top scorer for the out of contract, out of shape guy that I have good memories of
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I know who I'd rather have IF Beale can get him to screw the nut. Colak is good for a tap in but has absolutely nothing else to his game. Look at the size of him and he's powder puff.

Wee Devine was great.

Morelos looking a little like the Morelos we know. He is going to really suit this style. Colak needs to get his finger out though. As someone said, a big lad but seems weak as sh*t. Hopefully he’ll work out okay.

Wee? He looks over 6 foot.

Agree he played well in a position which isn't his natural one.

Lowry simply has to be a starter going forward. He's good enough so he's old enough. Who else plays that through ball that he played? It was a sensational pass and i dont believe we have anyone in our squad who has a better eye for a pass than young lowry.

Off course. Thought the first half players had moved out of Gio mode into Beale mode quicker. Saw more signs of the backwards sideways stuff in the second half.
I think the old legs that came on are far more comfortable with reverting to the side to side nonsense

The future is the young lads and if we get that same desire and pressing from the first half midfield it’s good times ahead

Hope to see Lowry and Tillman starting on Thursday. Feel more confident about Devine starting at LB after today. Sands and King were solid. Kamara and Jack were comfortable. I think Colak still works harder than Morelos and is clearer the fitter of the 2. I know Morelos needs games to find that fitness but I still think he looks like he’s towing a boat but Morelos does abit more when dropping off and linking play. Not an easy decision for Beale.
He must be the only player in history that still isn't match fit 5 months into the season

As I said whilst in the stadium, it's not a massive surprise the intensity was upped, there was good 10 minutes pre match where the 10 outfield starters were out on their own doing a ball and move drill at pace. Beale was closely watching and instructing constantly, the speed wasn't allowed to drop. Even that must give the players more than knocking it about a bit and doing some shoulder and hip movements. It's going to take time and it might still not work but the lazy looking crap we've seen should disappear at the very least. Some layers will thrive, others, have some bloody hard work to do

It was interesting that Colak seemed to be playing on the right side of Kent who was very central. It would not surprise me if he goes with Kent, Morelos and Colak as a 3 on Thursday with Morelos dropping back to link play.

Wee Devine was great.

What? Colak has been the best player on the pitch all season.

Well, that was pretty impressive today considering what we’ve seen in recent months, intensity, movement, speed of passing was all a massive improvement. Back to front was incomparable.
Onwards and upwards.

Imagine watching that and still managing to find a negative. I've seen people moaning about singing haha then others greetin about colak and matondo . Despite it only being a friendly surely no true Rangers supporter can watch that match and not be slightly optimistic going forward. It's got to be tattie Munchers, no other explanation for that level of seeth

What? Colak has been the best player on the pitch all season.

He who must not be questioned.

Provided Morelos gets his head in the game, Colak won't be a first pick under Beale, of that I'm certain. He'll be used in the second half of games in the league and on the occasions we need a goal.

Imagine watching that and still managing to find a negative. I've seen people moaning about singing haha then others greetin about colak and matondo . Despite it only being a friendly surely no true Rangers supporter can watch that match and not be slightly optimistic going forward. It's got to be tattie Munchers, no other explanation for that level of seeth

You can be simultaneously optimistic yet critical of some other aspects you know.

This need on here to be blanket positive or blanket negative is pretty boring.

Some very encouraging signs. 4 or 5 positions need upgraded though, but it was great to see that familiar shape again and the ball being moved at pace again.

Back