MOTM Poll Rangers v Borussia Dortmund - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what a result rangers, well done.
basseys mazy run and cross for tavs goal made
him motm for me but well done to all the players
and to gio for changing tactics.

Rangers now down to 30/1 to win the Europa league after being 80/1 following the first leg. Around 5/1 to make the final.

Absolutely outstanding from Rangers over 2 legs to beat the 2nd best team in Germany. Up against it for long spells in the first half last night but the players and management stood strong and nobody can deny we deserved to win the tie.

MOM is almost impossible to pick.. Tav for his goals, Bassey for his drive, Kent, Balogun Lundstram all immense and Alfie totally ruined Hummels second half. Gio wins MOM for his half time tactical change for me!!

Morelos played very well as well.

Twitter is bouncing. Many , many Glasgow Rangers posts.....

Last edited:
Hat a fucking night! Anyone know the tune at the end? Properly drilled into my brain now.

I think it proves we can go toe to toe with any side willing to come at us, unlike in the majority of the Scottish league games we play. And for obvious reasons this side who are top quality and i'm told were favourites for the tournament had to come at us.

Morning after the night before. Still buzzing.
Every player a hero. Particularly proud of the quiet heroes-our Captain, RJ, Calvin & Leon.

Okay mate :)) not like attackers see McGregor and target him specifically at corners and crosses. Funnily enough they don’t seem to do that with McLaughlin. And in terms of shot stopping, McGregor isn’t better than McLaughlin given he doesn’t actually move and make saves nowadays.
Bet you feel like a right fanny now :))

Well, last night was quite something. Easily the best atmosphere I've experienced at Ibrox. Thought the change to bring on Balogun for the 2nd half was brilliant. Freed up Bassey down the left flank and gave us an added dimension of attack. Much more direct in the 2nd half. I was worried at half time that we wouldn't have enough to see it through. Well done to the players and Gio for getting everything spot on. Bring on the draw and the next round!

Just like the 1st leg - I can't pick a MOTM
Everyone got high pass marks
But Gio (& his management team) deserve special mention for the 2nd half tactics IMO
I can't help thinking without that change - the result could easily have been a lot different

Like it's been mentioned above in other posts - I'm not convinced SG would have pulled that off -
Seems to me GIO has brought another dimension to our tactics - which is no bad thing - we were becoming too stale & predictable

We now need to be flexible with our domestic fixtures as well IMO

Anyway what a phucking brilliant night & result
Well done Rangers

What a result. What a night.
Bit late to the party here but what a second half performance in particular.
Jack was immense. Bassey Morelos and Kent tore them apart.
Well done to Gio his changes paid off and deserves credit where its due.
Also what an improvement in Lundstrum.
Please bring this intensity and quality into the league now

The atmosphere was great.

Go go Glasgow Rangers

60-E74-A66-6-B77-4424-82-E3-530-C921-FF646.jpg
Is that a line from ‘ Blaze Away ‘?

Great result and an evening that will live long in the memory. The second half performance and atmosphere was unreal.

Woke up this morning with a busted foot and huge bruise on my right thigh. Told my mate who sits beside me and he showed pics of his legs and feet which are covered in bruises. The pain is worth it.

went for Lundstram, first half in the middle with Jack was brilliant especially when he took the yellow card for the team to stop a very dangerous move from the Germans.

Then to drop into the defence and play outstanding there too, He didn't look out of place. In fact he appeared to Marshall the others.

Wow,what a result,gutted for the team when that goal got chocked off. Hard to pick a motm as the whole team played second half and the gaffer's change in formation and personnel was a masterstroke. I don't think we should dear anyone. Red Star at home hopefully with the same intensity can put a few past them and hopefully put the tie beyond doubt. Now to take the momentum of these games into our league campaign.

Opted for Kent,, thought he was sensational last night, and was robbed of the goal that his performance deserved.
Rangers made a lot of people down here sit up and take notice over the last week.

Tremendous game. An emotional rollercoaster! Thankfully the management team's half time changes resulted in us coming out as worthy winners. I have to say that is one of the best nights ever at Ibrox. Even I was doing the bouncy at 67 years old :cool: Had to sit down after it though. What a night. So proud in our 150 anniversary year.

Changing subject slightly - Forgot the away goals rule had been dropped - didn't realise how close we were to extra time or going out. Thought after we went 1-2 they still needed another 2 to survive.

Just watched the highlights again there - what a performance and what an atmosphere … scenes for tavs second !!!

Another outstanding team performance on Thursday.

I'm reluctant to pick out an indivudual player as MOTM, as I think the team were really strong across the pitch.

Delighted for the players and management team, and for everyone at the club.

So gutted to have missed this match, had to give up my tickets due to covid. It would have just been the cream on the top for me following Bayern Munich 1972 and Leeds United 1992 , but it wasn't to be, just delighted to see us back on the map in Europe. Having watched both games on Thursday night the real puzzle for me is how the f*** can we be trailing them in the league by 3 points.

Back