MOTM Poll Rangers v Borussia Dortmund - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

what a night . amazing elimination. We can beat anyone in LE.

Cheers, Blue Hearts.

shake-it-groove.gif

Last edited:
Briliant. What a second half. So many great performances, but Bassey was superb and I'll give him a mention. Great game.

The whole team played their part tonight but I still think Jack coming back into the team has made a huge difference.

First half was ropey but they showed why they're one of the best teams in Europe. In saying that, we let them back in it with a bad mistake when we had them where we wanted them. Defensively we weren't great and were probably fortunate it was only 1-2 at half time.

Second half though we were massively improved, thanks largely to Gio's sub and tactical adjustment. Although we did have a few nervy moments, we held them at bay and hit them on so many counter attacks that we could/should have done better with. And of course we were robbed of a third goal.

Standouts for me were Kent who they were terrified of, Tav and Bassey but really it was about the team. Goldson recovered from his mistake, McGregor made excellent saves and Alfie and the midfield worked their balls off.

I think the night was summed up by them winning a string of corners in the first half and Joe Aribo heading nearly every one away.

Overall, just magnificent.

Incredible. Tav MotM for me, difficult decision though, Kent and Bassey were excellent as well.

People are really going to be standing up and looking at Rangers tonight. Shame our own country can't get behind (with the exception of us awesome lot of course).

Another really difficult decision, which thinking about it has to be good.

Jack and Lundstram add stability to the midfield, Tav played well (not just the goals).

Balogun when he came on seemed to settle Goldson

Alfie as I said in a previous post is turning into a footballer not just a striker.

Bassey was superb, but got to give MOM to Kent, looked dangerous every time he got the ball, goal wrongly chalked off, and the amount of effort and chasing he has put in over the two legs has been extraordinary!

Just had a look at Kerryfail.

There's one or two who are grudgingly admitting it's a great result. But most of them are trying to kid themselves on that Dortmund are pish and that we'll "get found out" in the next round.

I'm not denying we may get knocked out by our next opponents. It would be arrogant to rule that out. But we're a side that has just taken six goals off the team lying second in the Bundesliga. But apparently we're imposters and we'll "get found out".

Tims are f.ucking mental.
No they are cnts.

What a night,arrived at Ibrox and had forgotten my smartcard,10 mins in ticket office and in by 5 to 8,thanks to tcket office staff.
Well done Rangers.

Just back from the game. Was the most amazing night! First ever game and holy shit Ibrox was bouncin!! The lad is still buzzin, as for Mum just wow! Kent, Tav and Bassey just superb! At this point I'd sell a kidney for 2 season tickets!

Once again a MASSIVE thank you goes to Angie Postadogpoo and his Septic Green Bottlers for awakening our sleeping giants.

We couldn't have done it without you.

Well Done Fans

Well Done Team

Well done Management

Gio did what I hoped at Ht. Barasic has lost his place to Bassey fair and square imo.

If var can't show at least 3 different angles of that to the ref then what's the point.... reverse angle was obvious.

Barca please tomorrow

Motherwell destroyed Sunday.

What a fucking night. Just home and physically aching from getting bodied a few times at the goals. Some outstanding performances tonight but I think unfair to single people out. They all did their bit tonight.

We need to bottle this spirit and use it to retain our title.

What a fucking night. Just home and physically aching from getting bodied a few times at the goals. Some outstanding performances tonight but I think unfair to single people out. They all did their bit tonight.

We need to bottle this spirit and use it to retain our title.
When the second goal went in I went flying down the stairs in the Govan Rear on my backside :D
Many thanks to the Bear that helped me up haha!

Absolutely brilliant tonight.

This was Champions League level tonight.

Incredible Ibrox atmosphere - untouchable on nights like this - big away support in Europe adds to the spectacle.

Right. Elephant in the room time, and not wanting to start a thread on it. But were FARE in attendance?

Just WOW.

What a second half performance.

I feared the worst at half time but the change of formation was a masterstroke.

Kent and Buff in that kind of 2nd half form. Nobody can live with that

Last week I couldn’t pick a mom as I thought the team won it.
Tonight a few fell below very good.
Jack/Lundstrom first half were not at the races. Moving John back helped Ryan in the second. Calvin’s enthusiasm lifts the crowd. Tav had a good 90.
Good second half by all. My mom was Alfredo, an all round performance, held it up well all game.
well done gers

Cracking night troops!! Anyone else a bit disappointed with the atmosphere? I was in Copland rear and the folk round about me were so negative! Remember who we were playing, that’s an amazing achievement

Cracking night troops!! Anyone else a bit disappointed with the atmosphere? I was in Copland rear and the folk round about me were so negative! Remember who we were playing, that’s an amazing achievement
I thought that was one of the best atmospheres at Ibrox in the last 20 years. Best Euro night since 2012

Back