MOTM Poll Rangers v Brøndby - Thursday 20:00 - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lundstram's performances have been better without Davis. Interesting to see how that works this evening.

The concern is the lack of pace and directness. Not overly confident about tonight. Feels like a 1-1.

image.png

Good team, but would have preferred Patterson in for Tav.

Lundstram has been excellent in the central role but with Kamara suspended he was always going to be moved to accommodate Davis.

Happy with the front 3.

Barely any pace in that side.

Big calls by Gerrard but I never thought he’d replace the out of form players.

Poor team selection imo

Prob team most would have selected. Not a night for throwing youngsters in, and with Kamara out, team almost picked itself. Hopefully Davis and Lundstram works better tonight, same for Roofe and Alfie dovetailing. If Hagi given free reign again like he first half at the weekend, can see Roofe score a couple.

Lundstram's performances have been better without Davis. Interesting to see how that works this evening.

The concern is the lack of pace and directness. Not overly confident about tonight. Feels like a 1-1.

Yeah I’ve came to the conclusion one or other not both. Could be a slow and frustrating night.

The performances in the few times there's been no pace in the side from midfield to attack have not been good. Not a fan of Davis and Lundstram in the same midfield either but understand there's limited options to pick from there.

I think tavs lucky start if I’m honest but it’s not a huge suprise he’s got plenty of credit in the bank

Unsure about that team.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be good enough to beat that dross - it 100% should be but we need something fresh in there like Patterson instead of Tavernier and Davis/Lundstrum in the same team isn't all that effective - maybe tonight is the night that changes, though?

Not a lot of pace, either.
Why are brondby dross?

Drew with Sparta, who beat us.
Took Lyon 70 minutes to break them down.

They're not one of the better teams in the tournament but they're no mugs.

Why are brondby dross?

Drew with Sparta, who beat us.
Took Lyon 70 minutes to break them down.

They're not one of the better teams in the tournament but they're no mugs.
Won 3 games out of 12 in their domestic league and sitting smack bang mid table.

Nothing to shout about.

Don’t like that midfield if I’m being honest but we can only p1ss with the c0ck we’ve got.

It's cost us before when they both played.

Tonight is all about MF, it looks like they are going to flood the MF and that is something we've really struggle with this season, so far.

Key is getting between their MF and defence then stretching their 3 man back line.

I would have thought it ws a match for Sakala and or Wright, using their pace and Goldsons diagonal balls.

I'm a little nervous tbh.

Last edited:
Complete lack of pace in that team which is bizarre when you recall the management specifically referred to the need to add more pace to the side!

I'd probably have left Davis out and let Lundstram play that role, with either Wright, Sakala or Arfield starting instead.

Looks the gaffer thought "do i go with Davis who is excellent in the European games or go with Lundstrum who has been excellent domestically" then thought fu(k it, i'll go with both.

Think i would rather have one or the other, according to the gaffer Brondby play with a flat back five so we could be dominating the midfield so could do with another attacking threat in there, can see Bacuna coming on for Davis after an hour or so.

Davis shouldn't be starting, him and Lundstram can't play together and Lundstram has been ourmost consistent player the last 3 games

I see that the usual suspects are on and getting their moans and complaints in first. No speed, two holding midfielders. No Kelly and the FFS Tavs are also evident.

If that team doesn't work then we have substitutes. Support your team or perhaps they are supporting their team ?

Looks the gaffer thought "do i go with Davis who is excellent in the European games or go with Lundstrum who has been excellent domestically" then thought fu(k it, i'll go with both.

Think i would rather have one or the other, according to the gaffer Brondby play with a flat back five so we could be dominating the midfield so could do with another attacking threat in there, can see Bacuna coming on for Davis after an hour or so.

According to the line ups I saw them going 3-5-2.

This could be a mistake though, hopefully it is that formation as we really seem to struggle against 5 in MF.

It's cost us before when they both played.

Tonight is all about MF, it looks like they are going to flood the MF and that is some things we've really struggle with this season, so far.

Key is getting between their MF and defence then stretching their 3 man back line.

I would have thought it ws a match for Sakala and or Wright, using their pace and Goldsons diagonal balls.

I'm a little nervous tbh.

Agree, unfortunately. They'll likely be a stuffy side looking to counter with mobile, physical players. Our midfield may be overrun.

We also lack a directness to take on a player and commit defenders. It's a reason I would have considered Patterson, albeit a big call on replacing our captain.

Latest posts

Back