Match Thread Rangers v Braga - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Time for another rum in celebration for me to wash this humble pie down. What a last 30 mins and still can't believe we won that.

What a turn around 3 goals in fifteen minutes I don’t think I’ve seen anything quite like that before, Braga are no mugs that’s what makes this all the better.

make no mistake about it, that is a very good Portuguese side.. beating them is some result

they like to go all out attack, if we play the way we have in our away games this season we CAN get a result next week
It’s their first loss under their new manager and theyd only dropped points in 1 game under him. Since hes taken over they’ve beaten Porto away, also beat Porto in the league cup final, beat Sporting Lisbon home and away, beat Benfica away and had won every away match in Europe this season.

Theyre a very good side.

Just back from the game and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a turnaround like that. Just before Hagi scores nothing is going right, players aren’t wanting the ball, they’re making basic mistakes and Braga are giving us a chasing.

Hagi scores, Aribo starts channelling Gazza against Aberdeen in 96 and you could see the Braga players looking worried and nervous.
Plus 50thou going fkn nuts. In the sleet. Taps aff. Tremendous. I’m not going to bed.

Well I know I thought we were dead & buried
So glad the team had other ideas
What a truly wonderful performance
Well done every one of you - I hope you're proud of yourselves- you deserve to be

They are a good side but you do get chances against them. Especially with that high defensive line.
All to play for next week !!

It reminded me a bit of how Marseille played us off the park at Ibrox back in the early nineties. We got a 2-2 draw that night. We’ve gone one better tonight and beat a team who appeared to be so much better than us.
Well done Rangers. I am so proud of you.

Great result against a very good team, despite all the stick on here Gerrard's rangers team have brought us some brilliant moments in the past 2 years - especially in Europe

i was at the Marseille game and that was even more bonkers. Wonderful turnaround. Truly awful first half, but what a last twenty minutes.

The subway loyal leaving at 60 mins was embarrassing, glad they missed our come back. Don't know if it was non season ticket holders or something but was shocking to see.

Terrific comeback tonight Rangers. I thought we were dead and buried for the most part. Hopefully we can kick-start again now.

That second half performance has renewed my faith in this team never ever seen a fight back like that in over 56 years of watching Rangers let’s hope this delights our season
Said to the guy next to me when Rangers had a few attacks after going 2-0 down, that if Rangers scored we could setup a finish like the Marseille game many years ago. Obviously it was said more in hope than real expectation but it was a night that reminded me of that Marseille game, which was another amazing comeback against
the best or second best team in Europe that year.

Let's thank Braga for scoring 2 goals against us.

The Rangers' reset button has been pressed. If we can come back from that we can come back from anything football throws at us.

Not long in - what a night. Been a while since there's been a bouncy at the back of the govan rear!

Genuinely didn't believe we had that recovery in us tonight, after recent performances.

My gut tells me we're probably ultimately in for a disappointing season overall, but I'll definitely take the joy from nights like tonight, they are special and don't come along that frequently.

I hope the manager can finally see where we need to improve and that he stops throwing certain individuals to the lions by continually playing them when they're massively out of form. However, that's all for tomorrow.

Tonight I'm away to my bed a happy bear.

A game that will be spoken about for years and decades to come. At 2-0 down I was fearful of it going on 3,4... Makes Sunday feel exciting again and starts to bring a bit of belief back to our league campaign.

Well done Gerrard tonight. Ive been critical lately but praise where it's deserved. Would never have seen the Aribo sub nevermind moving him to left back. Hats off to him

In from Ibrox for about 50 mins, sat down to watch highlights of the game as i'm still buzzing, just wow what a come back, awful first half but what an incredible second half.

Great result against an exceptional attacking team. They do leave the door open at the back..Alfie had three good chances to score. Kamberi made a huge difference up front. Looking forward to seeing him lead the line next week.

Has ti miss game tonight due to a lodge commitment but unbelievably managed to avoid score, got home and have just watched the full 90 minute recording.

Gutted and ecstatic at same time. An outstanding come back. Mate that got my seat owes me big time, :)

Back