Match Thread Rangers v Brighton & Hove Albion - Saturday 17:30 - RangersTV

Good to hear, we have plenty creative players so that will come with a few more games and more confidence built up
Here's a wee question which will probably get me ridiculed and laughed at until all collective throats are sore.

Given that most of our home games are going to be played against 10 men behind the ball and Brighton will have a backs to the wall season against the bigger teams in the Premiership and finish in the lower half of their league, does any one think that the managers had a wee chat about formations to practice getting ready for how we think both team's season will pan out .
They came out and went straight to a 5-4-1 in the second half and tried to contain us and we came out and tried to press them higher up the field.
The tempo and style of the game really changed after half time so maybe I thought that Mr Gerrard and Mr Potter had a wee chat at half time and agreed on it.

Or maybe I have sunstroke.:))

Here's a wee question which will probably get me ridiculed and laughed at until all collective throats are sore.

Given that most of our home games are going to be played against 10 men bihind the ball and Brighton will have a backs to the wall season against the bigger teams in the Premiership and finish in the lower half of their league, does any one think that the managers had a wee chat about formations to practice getting ready for how we think both team's season will pan out .
They came out and went straight to a 5-4-1 in the second half and tried to contain us and we came out and tried to press them higher up the field.
The tempo and style of the game really changed after half time so maybe I thought that Mr Gerrard and Mr Potter had a wee chat at half time and agreed on it.

I’ve always thought they should arrange these things. Half each. How would you like us to play. There would be real benefit in that imo

Jones was brutal. His concentration levels, attitude at times and wastefulness was infuriating.
It continues to baffle me how folk can rate him/want him given a chance he is brutal and he is dross, has no ability and he doesn't even fit our style of play.

Jones must be told to find a new club now same as Barker hopefully now with Edmundson on the move we can free up wages to get our next targets in.

It continues to baffle me how folk can rate him/want him given a chance he is brutal and he is dross, has no ability and he doesn't even fit our style of play.

Jones must be told to find a new club now same as Barker hopefully now with Edmundson on the move we can free up wages to get our next targets in.

Looks like Edmundson is away. Barker and Jones need to follow.

Patterson and Lundstrum impressed the intensity was lacking typical pre season match Real might give us a lesson tomorrow but IMO it needs to be the 11 that will start the game on Saturday that plays from the off tomorrow

Given that most of our home games are going to be played against 10 men behind the ball and Brighton will have a backs to the wall season against the bigger teams in the Premiership and finish in the lower half of their league, does any one think that the managers had a wee chat about formations to practice getting ready for how we think both team's season will pan out .

Sunstroke m8

Jones isn't going to cut it at Rangers.
One thing I noticed is he has a tendency to lose his concentration.
Maybe the manager sees something in him, but I have a feeling his time is over at Ibrox.
Jones will either be put out on loan or sold IMO

I
Really? I wasn’t watching him all that closely but seemed to make himself available, had some good runs, made a lot of space for others. Didn’t think he did himself any harm at all
thought he was terrible. Seems to do one decent thing per game and rests on it the full game

Factor 40 mate.... should help. ;):cool:

Anyone care to offer a view on where we are in terms of preparation for the beginning of the season?

I’ve not been able to see any of preseason matches live, from the highlights and what I’ve seen online, it sounds like we’re definitely not at our best yet.

Are there any areas of genuine concern? Morelos situation is the usual unnecessary sideshow. I’m a bit worried if we’ll be able to reach the same intensity (mentally) as last year, and have to admit I’m grateful that the banter years at the other side of the city continues but hoping we’ll kick on once competitive action starts.

Am I just being nervous because I’ve not seen preseason or are their concerns?

Anyone care to offer a view on where we are in terms of preparation for the beginning of the season?

I’ve not been able to see any of preseason matches live, from the highlights and what I’ve seen online, it sounds like we’re definitely not at our best yet.

Are there any areas of genuine concern? Morelos situation is the usual unnecessary sideshow. I’m a bit worried if we’ll be able to reach the same intensity (mentally) as last year, and have to admit I’m grateful that the banter years at the other side of the city continues but hoping we’ll kick on once competitive action starts.

Am I just being nervous because I’ve not seen preseason or are their concerns?

Today's second half is the first I've managed to watch us this season but we were very comfortable against Brighton and should've won the game 1-0 but for shocking refereeing. They should've also been down to 10 men.

Good game today mostly. Apart from 15 minutes before half time we dominated throughout. Atmosphere at the game was great as well mainly. Hoping for even better tomorrow. Quite getting used to being there early now. It's actually good on a nice warm day relaxing and watching the warm ups etc.

Good workout. It's nice to see opposing teams try and play football at Ibrox.

- Thought Kelly more than held his own
- Lundstram is looking like a brilliant piece of business
- Sakala looks lightning quick, looked nervous as well
- Kamara's bit of skill in the 1st half
- Brilliant to see Katic back charging into tackles and winning headers. Looked really nervous
- It'll get overlooked, but how nice is it to have McLaughlin?
- Balogun good again. Lucky he wasn't injured in the red card tackle
- Just me who's quite comfortable with Bassey?
- Patterson is beyond good
- Itten did ok, would like to see him with the first 11 and it's more serious
- Quite happy to have Hagi in a midfield 3 tbh, particularly at home
- Nice to see Kent out there

Bring on the 2nd biggest team in the world

Kelly is quality. Honestly think we could save a good few million there.

If he replicates preseason form in competitive games, then for me he's as good an understudy to Kamara and Davis as Patterson is to Tav. And if Tav left we wouldn't be signing a new first choice RB...

Good performance today I thought

new players look like they will bring something to the team

should have won the game comfortably

If the Tims are our main competition we will win the league again at a canter, and hopefully the cups as well. Difficult to judge how we will do in Europe but a nice wee run would be very pleasing (and lucrative).

Back