MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was thinking it wasnt worth watching earlier in the week but as the day arrives I juat cant not watch it. I just want to win.

Hoping for a repeat of the 2007 win (adam free kick goal) they already had won the league but we smashed them for 90minutes and ended up being a great day out. Due to the ticket availablity it was actually my first old firm game.

My wee man’s first game today - he’s 6 and he’s buzzing. He’s got a ST but this is the first time he’s been allowed to go to an OF
Hopefully the bears do it and the wee man has fond memories of his first game against the scum to look back on.

Enjoy your day with your son pal. Good memories.

Gravy guzzler is a stick on to play a weakened team to protect his 'special ones' from injury so they don't miss out on the final. Best chance we will have to beat them with this crop of players before the rebuild. We need to be that 12th man today and blow them away not only on the pitch but with the noise too.

It's not that, it's that this current team have brain farts then have a psychological breakdown and can't recover from a setback.

This is a very strange day today. The biggest dead rubber old firm game in history maybe? Not even playing to put a marker down for next season as most of them will be gone. If we win this forum will be full of posts slating them for not being able to do it when we needed it, if we lose it will be the usual and Beale will get pelters.

Beale needs to get one over on them quickly so that's what he should be looking at.
Beale getting his first win v them is literally the only thing at stake today.

If we get beat the fan pressure will be enormous.

Pretty depressing day all round.

Think we will need 3 goals to win this but I’m actually fairly confident we will get them

I'm not expecting too much from today but the minimum I want is real effort from all the team.
Give it a go FFS.

It's not that, it's that this current team have brain farts then have a psychological breakdown and can't recover from a setback.

This is a very strange day today. The biggest dead rubber old firm game in history maybe? Not even playing to put a marker down for next season as most of them will be gone. If we win this forum will be full of posts slating them for not being able to do it when we needed it, if we lose it will be the usual and Beale will get pelters.

Beale needs to get one over on them quickly so that's what he should be looking at.
It's still a huge game psychologically

Even if most of the squad are cleared - a win would be a marker Beale can point to - if we can beat them with today's team, hopefully a much weaker team than we'll have by August, then it reinstalls a belief in the club that we can beat them

Winning begets winning. We need to start somewhere

Where are the goals coming from today? Thats the big question. We went from 2 horrific defensive mistakes in the 3-2 game to 1 in the last game. On both occasions the mistakes cost us. Cut out the mistakes and we still need to find a goal scorer from somewhere. Goals and creativity aren't exactly abundant in this Rangers team.

Season is obviously over but we need to start getting in to the habit of beating them again asap, especially at home, so it would be nice to start today.

2-0 to the good guys.

Beale needs to get the monkey off his back regardless if it's a meaningless game or not.

Although it's pretty helpful that it is meaningless as these are the kind of games this squad loves.

PSV was the last proper game they won. Best part of a year ago.

I don't know where the goals will come from as our front line is abysmal, set pieces our best chance, Goldson and Tavernier score in a 2-1 victory.

Beale needs to get the monkey off his back regardless if it's a meaningless game or not.

Although it's pretty helpful that it is meaningless as these are the kind of games this squad loves.

PSV was the last proper game they won. Best part of a year ago.
Yeah I agree, it would be handy just for getting his first victory, it’s obviously means nothing in terms of this season but the longer it goes without beating them the more pressure there will be

It's still a huge game psychologically

Even if most of the squad are cleared - a win would be a marker Beale can point to - if we can beat them with today's team, hopefully a much weaker team than we'll have by August, then it reinstalls a belief in the club that we can beat them

Winning begets winning. We need to start somewhere
Yeah I understand where you're coming from mate. Although is it really a huge game psychologically? We've failed every mental-strength test put in front of us this season.

The only person that it's a psychological boost for if we win IMO is Beale. He needs it as soon as possible.

Today is the day we start to claw back some pride and actually lay some sort of marker for next season.

We’ve been here before and we’ve beat them, and it very much led to positive things so today I’m saying 2-0 Rangers and a positive performance.

Reactions: TPP
Yeah I understand where you're coming from mate. Although is it really a huge game psychologically? We've failed every mental-strength test put in front of us this season.

The only person that it's a psychological boost for if we win IMO is Beale. He needs it as soon as possible.
New players need to experience beating them, the players staying next season need to remember what it's like to give them a bloody nose.

Make no mistake this is a massive game for Beale. Lose this and it'll heap huge pressure on him before next season and he'll have months of media telling him he's not up to it. And frankly with this group of players noone is.

Was thinking it wasnt worth watching earlier in the week but as the day arrives I juat cant not watch it. I just want to win.

Hoping for a repeat of the 2007 win (adam free kick goal) they already had won the league but we smashed them for 90minutes and ended up being a great day out. Due to the ticket availablity it was actually my first old firm game.
That was my first one too. A great day.

I don't have much confidence in Beale winning big games, he's failed time and again and then comes out with tripe how we played well. Just hope with this being a bit of a nothing game, despite it being against the filth he can lay a marker down and improve that aspect.

Where are the goals coming from today? Thats the big question. We went from 2 horrific defensive mistakes in the 3-2 game to 1 in the last game. On both occasions the mistakes cost us. Cut out the mistakes and we still need to find a goal scorer from somewhere. Goals and creativity aren't exactly abundant in this Rangers team.
Todders to poke one in from outside the box

There may be nothing left to play for but a game against them should always be contested fiercely.

I'm hoping for a win and a performance,that simple.

This club has been good to many of these players, it has made them and their families for life.

These fans are the most passionate and invested that they'll ever play in front of.

If nothing else, they owe the club and they owe the fans - regardless of where they'll be next year.

They're due to give us something back. Today is the day for that.

Its a major concern

Matondo brace & Sakala one

Gravy guzzler is a stick on to play a weakened team to protect his 'special ones' from injury so they don't miss out on the final. Best chance we will have to beat them with this crop of players before the rebuild. We need to be that 12th man today and blow them away not only on the pitch but with the noise too.
No he won't. They're obsessed with us.

They could also play their B team in the final and still win.

Back