Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

Davis being out kills us - he's the one guy we have capable of setting the tempo and disrupting theirs.

Aribo and Kamara want the game to slow down to their pace, Aribo in particular while clearly a talented player looks (currently) ill-suited to the pace of Scottish football.

Unfortunately, just now Celtic have a wee core of Scottish players that set a very intense tempo that you need in these games and I don't think we have the personnel to match it. We can't get through a game without at least a 25 minute lull and you can't have that in a final.

Not difficult to figure that it would involve Arfield dropping deeper and Barker playing on the right mate. Jack, Arfield, Kamara midfield, for example. It’s not unlikely.

That would involve dropping Aribo though so it's not a straight swap.

Davis being out kills us - he's the one guy we have capable of setting the tempo and disrupting theirs.

Aribo and Kamara want the game to slow down to their pace, Aribo in particular while clearly a talented player looks (currently) ill-suited to the pace of Scottish football.

Unfortunately, just now Celtic have a wee core of Scottish players that set a very intense tempo that you need in these games and I don't think we have the personnel to match it. We can't get through a game without at least a 25 minute lull and you can't have that in a final.

I can’t contest anything you’ve said there.

I still think we’re winning the trophy tomorrow.

I can’t contest anything you’ve said there.

I still think we’re winning the trophy tomorrow.
Of course we can win, we have Kent and Morelos and I think we can get at their full backs.

However, I just think they have a little more 'snap' in their play whereas our players are maybe a bit more suited to a European tempo.

It's been around 7 years since I was last off work sick and today of all days I've been completely floored with the flu. Woke up this morning shivering and in agony. Im absolutely gutted that I'm probably going to have to miss tomorrow now. Doing everything I can to get fit and make it to the game but it's not looking good. I'll be crying tomorrow morning if I wake up not better

It's been around 7 years since I was last off work sick and today of all days I've been completely floored with the flu. Woke up this morning shivering and in agony. Im absolutely gutted that I'm probably going to have to miss tomorrow now. Doing everything I can to get fit and make it to the game but it's not looking good. I'll be crying tomorrow morning if I wake up not better

I’ll buy your ticket if you can’t make it mate, my sympathies btw :D

Last edited:
Of course we can win, we have Kent and Morelos and I think we can get at their full backs.

However, I just think they have a little more 'snap' in their play whereas our players are maybe a bit more suited to a European tempo.

that can work if you don't give the ball away

First question everyone has asked today when I've told them I'm ill "what's happening with your ticket?"

I'll tell you what's happening with it, its staying with me ya bunch of inconsiderate bastards.

I’ll give you face value and a box of lemsip mate :)

That's if you wake up at all.

That flu's a killer.
Your Uncle Shengus will have your ticket if it's curtains in the morn.

Davis being out is the fear. We remember we had that spell 2016 to 2018 that our midfield didn't exist v the bheasts and we'd just get run over. A lightweight midfield with say Aribo without control would be a hark back to that. I wouldn't trust Aribo in an OF. He's struggling with the hussle and bussle v smaller clubs nevermind a final.

Kent,BB and Alfie need huge games tomorrow. I'd be happy for Tav to stay a bit to focus on his defensive duties. We need to start well aswell .When we beat them in 2016.Miller scored early and it just lifted us.

That's if you wake up at all.

That flu's a killer.
Your Uncle Shengus will have your ticket if it's curtains in the morn.

My dads giving it to his pal if I cant make it, had I known you were looking to would have been first dibs. I'm doing everything I can to get fit. Was buzzing for going down to the lodge at 10 for my first day out since the wee man was born in July. I dont deserve this.

Davis being out is the fear. We remember we had that spell 2016 to 2018 that our midfield didn't exist v the bheasts and we'd just get run over. A lightweight midfield with say Aribo without control would be a hark back to that. I wouldn't trust Aribo in an OF. He's struggling with the hussle and bussle v smaller clubs nevermind a final.

Kent,BB and Alfie need huge games tomorrow. I'd be happy for Tav to stay a bit to focus on his defensive duties. We need to start well aswell .When we beat them in 2016.Miller scored early and it just lifted us.

I'm hearing davo is out and Barker is starting

The conditions tomorrow are going to be very difficult. Barker and Kent running at them in heavy conditions could allow us to go long and not get bogged down in the middle of the park. Davis will be a miss but the we shouldn't be throwing the towel in.

My dads giving it to his pal if I cant make it, had I known you were looking to would have been first dibs. I'm doing everything I can to get fit. Was buzzing for going down to the lodge at 10 for my first day out since the wee man was born in July. I dont deserve this.
Only jesting, J.

I'm working tomorrow and can't make it.

Will be very surprised if game goes ahead tomorrow with the amount of rainfall expected right up to and during the game.

Sympathy for tomorrow mate but you need to throw some more sickies in general. No-one ever lay on their death bed and thought, "You know what, I wish I'd spent more time at work".

Get torn into them Rangers. Dreaming that this will be remembered as the Alfie final with a double from the wee man. One assisted from Kent and the other from Barisic. WATP :cool:

We conceded two to Feyenoord and the sheep, plus Hamilton could easily have scored more than one. The defence have been really poor recently and are the big concern.

If the defence are are sound the next issue is right wing/inside right. Ojo has struggled. Arfield is favourite and I think he'll start there. Personally I'd like Arfield in midfield ahead of Kamara and play Stewart further forward. He should have came on ahead of Ojo in Aberdeen.

My team would be : AM; JT, CG, NK, BB; SD, RJ, SA; GS, AM, RK

I expect the team to actually be: McGregor; Taverner, Goldson, Helander, Barisic; Davis, Jack, Kamara; Arfield, Morelos, Kent

If we don't get brain farts from our defence I think we'll win 3-1. Kent, Morelos, and Barisic didn't start against them last time, that will make a big difference.

Edit: Is Davis confirmed as out? If so I think SG will play Jack, Kamara, and Arfield in midfield with Ojo in an advanced role. Very bad news if so.

We conceded two to Feyenoord and the sheep, plus Hamilton could easily have scored more than one. The defence have been really poor recently and are the big concern.

If the defence are are sound the next issue is right wing/inside right. Ojo has struggled. Arfield is favourite and I think he'll start there. Personally I'd like Arfield in midfield ahead of Kamara and play Stewart further forward. He should have came on ahead of Ojo in Aberdeen.

My team would be : AM; JT, CG, NK, BB; SD, RJ, SA; GS, AM, RK

I expect the team to actually be: McGregor; Taverner, Goldson, Helander, Barisic; Davis, Jack, Kamara; Arfield, Morelos, Kent

If we don't get brain farts from our defence I think we'll win 3-1. Kent, Morelos, and Barisic didn't start against them last time, that will make a big difference.

Edit: Is Davis confirmed as out? If so I think SG will play Jack, Kamara, and Arfield in midfield with Ojo in an advanced role. Very bad news if so.

Where you hearing that about Davis? Surely not ffs

Back