Votes: 35 3.2%
  • Barker

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • King

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Aribo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Gerrards going to blow another season with this constant rotating of players and then the other half play no matter what.

Sickening.

It’s not a blind spot Goldson and Arfield are obviously a massive influence on the pitch and in the dressing room. They are leaders and guys Gerrard trusts to pass along his message and expectations to those around them.

As for being unhappy Katic is a 21 year old inexperienced centre half at a massive club. Who is playing lots of games. He played his way into the team on merit but his form has dipped since Legia at home and as such Gerrard has sat him down. This is a massive game and sentiment means nothing. This is a £3m signing coming in for him not Joe Worrall.

I think most people on here wouldn't have had a problem if Goldson had been dropped for Helander.

Everyone wants to see our 3 million signing play, and of course someone had to drop out but at this moment in time based on performances - Katic is not the one who should lose his place.

It’s not a blind spot Goldson and Arfield are obviously a massive influence on the pitch and in the dressing room. They are leaders and guys Gerrard trusts to pass along his message and expectations to those around them.

As for being unhappy Katic is a 21 year old inexperienced centre half at a massive club. Who is playing lots of games. He played his way into the team on merit but his form has dipped since Legia at home and as such Gerrard has sat him down. This is a massive game and sentiment means nothing. This is a £3m signing coming in for him not Joe Worrall.

None of that flies. Players who can do the business need to be on the pitch, no one’s interested in how good Arfield is at repeating words said to him by the boss.

Grezda was £2m, where’s he? The money doesn’t mean anything at this stage. He’s dropped the player in better form, as everyone and their granny knew he would, for an undroppable player, he’s also got arfield in there who’s equally undroppable. He better put in a good showing tonight because I’ve already had enough of his every second touch being a tackle this season and you can’t have passengers at this level.

But tampering with the defensive partnership on the night of a big game and dropping the player who’s been in good form longer, if Gerrard making a rod for his own back if things go tits up.

FFS I can't nagivate the board with all the towels that have been thrown in already.

People saying players should leave because they haven't got a start and the manager is going to waste the season.

I’m concerned what Goldson has to do to get dropped/rested. I hope it’s an injury as I have concerns SG will never get the defence sorted if he doesn’t know his best CH.

I hope though we win 4-0 and Helander and Goldson score a double.

I’m surprised that folk are surprised at the reaction to this, a mere 2 and a half weeks after his last experiment set us back.

Last edited:
I’m concerned what Goldson has to do to get dropped/rested. I hope it’s an injury as I have concerns SG will never get the defence sorted if he doesn’t know his best CH.

I hope though we win 4-0 and Helander and Goldson score a double.
He does.

Rip both hamstrings. I saw both because if one went he’d probably still be in there ahead of others!

I’m surprised that folk are surprised at the reaction to this, a mere 2 and a half weeks after his last experiment set us back.

You (and others) are reacting to something that you're missing key information on. What if he's injured? What if he's tired? What if something else?

Why greet before we know the reason for him not being in the team.

You (and others) are reacting to something that you're missing key information on. What if he's injured? What if he's tired? What if something else?

Why greet before we know the reason for him not being in the team.

Because he’s the only centre half who has never been dropped, and he’s had shite games like any of them.

If he’s injured fair dos, but you’d have almost certainly heard about it so I’d be stunned if that was the case. I think people are right to be concerned, in spite of what the bangers giving it “people want to see it go wrong so they can moan etc” believe.

I think most people on here wouldn't have had a problem if Goldson had been dropped for Helander.

Everyone wants to see our 3 million signing play, and of course someone had to drop out but at this moment in time based on performances - Katic is not the one who should lose his place.

When Helander came in it was always going to be at Nicos expense. Wether some like it or not Goldson is one of the players Gerrard trusts along with Jack, Tav and Arfield.

FFS I can't nagivate the board with all the towels that have been thrown in already.

People saying players should leave because they haven't got a start and the manager is going to waste the season.
I did not say Katic should leave, I said if I was him I would think about it for my career to blossom as he knows he is a far better player than Goldson who apart from very costly blunders seems to think he is Beckenbaur, and him he is not.

Because he’s the only centre half who has never been dropped, and he’s had shite games like any of them.

If he’s injured fair dos, but you’d have almost certainly heard about it so I’d be stunned if that was the case. I think people are right to be concerned, in spite of what the bangers giving it “people want to see it go wrong so they can moan etc” believe.

If it was purely down to form, he'd at least be on the bench.

Gerrards going to blow another season with this constant rotating of players and then the other half play no matter what.

Sickening.

giphy.gif

Looking forward to seeing Helander regardless of the circumstances. Natural balance as he is a left footer along with Borna.

Sickening.
Wow

Ojo on the left Arfield right?

I'm not so sure that works well for supporting Alfie or quick counter.

I think the signing of Helander for what was a significant fee (for Rangers), despite the fact that we had three centre backs on the books, tends to support the view that Gerrard doesn't completely trust either of them, hence the decision to bring Helander on board. I'm not completely surprised at this since both Goldson and Katic are prone to the odd gaff, whilst Edmundson is still relatively inexperienced.

My only concern is the amount of game time Helander has had, Feyenoord's attackers are extremely quick going forward and he might struggle with the pace of them, big call in a big game for us.

On BT sports there, that was a magnificent picture of Ibrox from the inside looking up into the sky behind the Broomloan, lovely blue red sunset.

Looking forward to seeing Helander playing tonight, regardless of the circumstances. Not in the least bit surprised either, in my view it's one of the main reasons he was signed.

Natural balance with him being a left footer and playing alongside Borna

Katic I suspect will be back for St Johnstone if fit

If it was purely down to form, he'd at least be on the bench.

Let’s hope you’re right. If you are, I’ll hold my hands up. But for now, I hope the team chosen does the business and in a couple of hours time I’m wondering why I was ever worried.

Back