Votes: 35 3.2%
  • Barker

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • King

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Aribo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hahaha I knew all the same posters would be on here with ringing knickers because Katic is out.

He’s right out, so he’s injured or something else. Calm the %^*& down!

A lot of people ignoring the fact Katic was abysmal on Saturday, we're playing against a team who are a massive step up in quality and can't be doing with his mistakes.

Goldson isn't undroppable. But he is the man Gerrard trusts as the leader at the back and has been our first pick centre back since he signed. The surprise for me is anyone is surprised he starts.
I'd have 'rested' Goldson at the weekend! Looked knackered toward the end of last season, big call from the gaffer to throw Helander in tonight, with his experience sure he'll do fine

A lot of people ignoring the fact Katic was abysmal on Saturday, we're playing against a team who are a massive step up in quality and can't be doing with his mistakes.

No, don't talk about things that happen on the pitch - it gets said on here 23,456 a day he is our best CB and that's what really matters.

Unless Kamara is playing slightly more forward that looks a less attacking set up. This game will be harder/tighter than some on here seem to think.

You believe this based on what exactly?

If Katic is injured then fair enough but if he's not he should look for a move away in January IMO. Gerrard can't see past Goldson and it'd be clear that he's been waiting for Katic to have a poor game so he has an excuse to drop him again.

Mental. If the manager wanted to drop him earlier, he didn't have to wait for Livingston. And now you're encouraging the player to leave rather than remain.

Glad for us to be finally using the squad. Game time for all the next few months. Cant give a player 0 minutes then in 6 weeks time when he is required has no match sharpness at all to offer up anything.

Rotate- rotate to keep us fresh, hungry and dangerous

Seen on Instagram this afternoon that Katic was out for lunch with his brother, kinda gave away that he wasn’t in the squad.

Helender was always going to get in the team sooner rather than later. Goldson gets the benefit of the doubt from the gaffer more often than not, up to Katic to force his way back in.

Abysmal, really?

What does that make Goldson's performance vs Celtic then?

Katic has easily been our best defender all season...one poor game and he's out on his arse (again).

Short memories - he was MOTM vs Legia.

Hopefully see Scotty Arfield back to form tonight, although struggling for other options there.

Unfortunately another example of where Candeias would/should have been playing tonight.

Mental. If the manager wanted to drop him earlier, he didn't have to wait for Livingston. And now you're encouraging the player to leave rather than remain.

I'm saying if I was a player for the sake of my own career I'd be looking elsewhere because it's obvious the manager has a soft spot for another centre back and that if you put a foot wrong you'll be out of the team.

Happy to stand corrected if Katic is injured but it doesn't seem that way.

Be interesting to hear why Katic is out (if not injured).

Anyway, come on Gers.I've had a c*nt of a week which is causing me to miss the game tonight, so give me a nice birthday present and get right into this mob.

You believe this based on what exactly?

If Katic is injured then fair enough but if he's not he should look for a move away in January IMO. Gerrard can't see past Goldson and it'd be clear that he's been waiting for Katic to have a poor game so he has an excuse to drop him again.

He should leave the club? Dial it back ffs, you sound like Katic’s maw having a wee greet.

Katic isn’t even on the bench – I suspect it’s more than just being dropped for Helander.

Goldson rightly starts.

Our best CB.

I thought he’d wait until Sunday to bring Helander in. Looking forward to seeing him again.

Genuinely saddened but not surprised that folk aren't even willing to give Stevie G the benefit of the doubt here and wait to hear the reason Katic isn't featuring.

The tantrums over him are really quite something else.

It’s akin to the scenes from wee lassies when Zayn left one direction.
Fanboys

Clearly katic injured so we use the squad , Helander a great player to bring in .

Disappointed not to see Aribo starting we don’t have much in the way of flair.

I’d bite the arse off you for a draw to be honest .

Thought I'd risk reading the match thread and quickly regretting it. Question the decisions all you want after the game but its pathetic slating Gerrard's choices as manager before the game has started

Goldson would basically always start, for me. It'll be interesting to see if there's any explanation about Katic.

Abysmal, really?

What does that make Goldson's performance vs Celtic then?

Katic has easily been our best defender all season...one poor game and he's out on his arse (again).

Short memories - he was MOTM vs Legia.

The same Celtic game that Katic kept the goalscorer onside?

Katic probably has been our best defender this season, but that doesn't mean he doesn't make any mistakes. He has a bad habit of pushing out of defence to win the ball and leaving space in behind him. You can get away with that in Scotland when you're up against 1 attacker but not in Europe imo.

Katic has had a couple of poor games but has been good over the course of the season so far. I think Goldson just about shades it but either could have been dropped and one of them probably should have.

rumours of a wee fall out between Katic and Goldson in the week there might explain him not being in the squad at all? Perhaps he went too far in whatever was said? Pure speculation obviously but it fits!

Thought I'd risk reading the match thread and quickly regretting it. Question the decisions all you want after the game but its pathetic slating Gerrard's choices as manager before the game has started

Mental. @dt17 telling Katic to leave in January about a minute after the team is announced.

Back