Rangers v FK Shkupi (QR1) / FC Petrocub Hîncești or NK Osijek v Rangers or FK Shkupi (QR2)

The Luton to Skopje flights have gone up, looking at £500 ish now out 17th return 18th with Wizz.

A mate told me squads of mentally challengeds have been online battering in to every search engine to get quotes to get to Skopje from every British airport. Holding them, reserving them. Even taking them as far as the credit card payment page and just holding.

This in turn highlights demand.

This in turn flags up to the operators there's peak interest and diminishing availability.

This in turn automatically increases prices.

He said he was told by a mhanky supporter that doesn't hate Rangers (if there's such a thing exists - can't believe it myself) who heard it from l one of the bhitterest Tim's you could meet.

I laughed when I heard it - but do you know what? I would not put it past that evil breed.

Yes, quite a few years ago though. There's a photo up thread of the Alexander the Great statue and that square is where Bears will congregate. Just off the square there is a string of bars including the obligatory "Irish" bar. The city has more statues than any other city I've been to - they went crazy a few years ago building them to stick two fingers up at the Greeks who have a dispute over the name "Macedonia". Both the Greeks and Macedonians both claim Alexander the Great is theirs hence the massive statue which, by the way, has the biggest set of balls on a horse that you'll ever see!

Across the bridge from that square is what's known as the Albanian side of the river and while there are still bars there you'll find it is far more Albanian/muslim. There's a massive Christian/Orthodox cross on the hill overlooking Skopje to remind the Albanians who's really in charge of the country. The team we're playing are Albanian and are known to have a crazy element who will no doubt be looking for trouble. Interesting for a wander but don't go mad. Personally I'd stay with the majority of Bears around the main square. Beers and food will be about a third of the price in UK (check that bars are charging their normal rate and haven't hiked prices up - if they have then move on somewhere else after you've told them to ram it).

If we're playing at the national stadium (Philip II Arena) then it's a 20 minute walk from the main square. It'll be 35 to 40C when we're there. Drink plenty fluids. It should be a great trip both on and off the field :)

Excellent post mate. Perhaps @rangeral could quote it in to the OP? Very helpful.

Just off the phone to Sport Options there.Struggling to find an affordable aircraft for the trip.Said they will make a decision in next 30mins.

293imbl.jpg

Don’t know if this has been asked at all boys but when will the public sale for the Home game start?

Cheers.

There might be a problem for people on low points for the official TC flight if sport options have pulled out. I think this happened the year we played Zeta and red star because they were so hard to get to

There might be a problem for people on low points for the official TC flight if sport options have pulled out. I think this happened the year we played Zeta and red star because they were so hard to get to
Red star I didn't get on official flight but got one off being independent and booked flight options

Lads, will we be home again first in the 2nd round should we get through round 1? Had a look in the thread and i cant see for sure, cant make Macedonia but hoping to book for the away leg in R2, result depending obviously.

Lads, will we be home again first in the 2nd round should we get through round 1? Had a look in the thread and i cant see for sure, cant make Macedonia but hoping to book for the away leg in R2, result depending obviously.

Drawn away first, but that may change

On a brighter note booked up for Skopje, Edinburgh - Luton - Sofia

Driving from Sofia

Let’s go!

Had been hoping just to do a day trip for this one but have ended up booking Mon-Thurs

Edinburgh-Milan-Skopje on Monday
Skopje-Luton-Edinburgh on Thursday
£400 flights ..not booked digs yet but looks pretty cheap

Is there anything confirmed yet for a day / 2 day trip for the travel club yet?

Not yet mate.Girl told me on phone yesterday that it will be early next week.Ive still been checking Thomas Cook website regularly just in case that something changes.

Not yet mate.Girl told me on phone yesterday that it will be early next week.Ive still been checking Thomas Cook website regularly just in case that something changes.

Thanks , i've always gone independent but the location and i'm short of holidays means i might go with them on this occasion.

Thanks , i've always gone independent but the location and i'm short of holidays means i might go with them on this occasion.

There's probably quite a few in that situation, I know I am. The only good thing is I don't need to worry about getting on the TC flight as I have max points.

Not getting ahead of myself but if the fans go to Budapest for the next round there’s a chance that Sevilla could be playing in Budapest the same day.

Back