Match Thread Rangers v Hearts - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv

I really hope it plays out as a different formation to our normal. I seem to remember that gaffer saying he wouldn't stick to playing the same thing all the time.

Ill come back and say I hold my hands up if its the same and we win though!

That team sheet disapoints me in the extreme.

What is the point in playing the likes of Flanagan anymore?

Presumably, the manager thinks the remaining 7 games are just to be endured rather than used as a potential springboard for next season, by trying something different.

Who would you have started? Halliday suspended. Wallace barely kicked a ball in years. The youngster Shields apparently ill. Polster is a right-back. Tav can’t play on the left. Who other than Flanagan?

Another night of hearts sitting in and us failing miserably to break them down and getting done on the break awaits. It’s hard to see anything else. I hope I’m wrong but Sunday aside that’s been the pattern for weeks.

Cant really tell what shape we are going for there.

If its a diamond then zero width on the left.

Maybe davis on the right of a 4-4-1-1 with arfield off defoe?

With the way this season is ending I just wish we would play our own players now.If we lose then so be it but at least our fringe players are getting some valuable minutes on the park

Just heard the team and it took a great deal of will power not to turn the car

Flanagan who has been woeful in his past few games at left back and hasn’t featured in months gets a start

Worrall who had a nightmare at the weekend keeps his spot. He seems to be treated entirely different to Katic and it’s a disgrace to be quite honest

McCrorie dropped again whilst Jack keeps his place and David comes in having shown nothing since arriving

Depressing stuff at times with Gerrard and his favourites

Was he as honking as Jack? He played like a player that was dynamite against Celtic and was then dropped for months afterwards for no reason.
No jack was worse I agree but tonight we will have the ball in the midfield a lot and RJ is more suited to the game than McCrorie is

Worrall was better than Goldson on Sunday mate. In my opinion, of course. All three of Goldson, Worral and Katic are much-of-a-muchness quite honestly. Katic, in particular, has been built up into something he, in all honesty, isn’t.

I would play Katic as he is our player, but I find it strange how quickly his mistakes are forgotten about. Just need to look at his part in the killie goal 10 days ago.

With the way this season is ending I just wish we would play our own players now.If we lose then so be it but at least our fringe players are getting some valuable minutes on the park

In the absence of Morelos then Kent is our main threat going forward. Would be madness to leave him out when we have the option to play him. Obviously we will miss him when suspended.

Season is done and Katic can't get a look in, and McCrorie dropped. He really has a love in for Worrall and Jack doesn't he? Just how shite do they need to be to get dropped?!

How do you know it’s 2 up top

I’m Gerrard’s man on the inside on FF... I’m assuming due to Kent having a stormer there against the mentally challengeds while doing the work of 2 means he’ll play a similar role.

I might also be wrong but I’m still looking forward to watching us tonight.

I’m quite eagerly looking forward to seeing this, Kent more central upfront hopefully dropping off into holes will cause them issues. Need to get arfield and kent as close to Defoe as possible

Season is done and Katic can't get a look in, and McCrorie dropped. He really has a love in for Worrall and Jack doesn't he? Just how shite do they need to be to get dropped?!

Worrall is a mile better than Goldson so if either were getting dropped it should be the latter mentioned.

Worrall is a mile better than Goldson so if either were getting dropped it should be the latter mentioned.
I agree that Godson has been shite as of late, but seeing as how next season I imagine we'll still have Godson and Katic on our books, and not Worrall, common sense would be to give them as much game time together as possible to strike up the partnership they had at the start of the season before golden balls was drafted in.

In the absence of Morelos then Kent is our main threat going forward. Would be madness to leave him out when we have the option to play him. Obviously we will miss him when suspended.
I'm kind of not including Kent in my little rant as I have some kind of hope he might be back next season.Wishful thinking I suppose

I agree that Godson has been shite as of late, but seeing as how next season I imagine we'll still have Godson and Katic on our books, and not Worrall, common sense would be to give them as much game time together as possible to strike up the partnership they had at the start of the season before golden balls was drafted in.

I get that argument but if any of the 3 of them are starting CB’s for us next season we’re in trouble, so in the interest of just trying to win some football matches between now and the end of the season, I’d like to see the best two play together, and for me that’s Worrall and Katic.

I’m excited to see Defoe get 90 minutes , however I feel ill to be honest that katic isn’t playing now and for the rest of the season .

What does playing Worral prove ? He cannot wait to get back to Nottingham , I just can’t get my head around the fact he merits a game . Surely it’s time to give katic a run as he’s going to be playing next season alongside goldson .

Quite surprised we didn't try a new formation and focus mainly on players we own rather than loanees.

But 'same as always with shitter players' might be the key.

Good to see McAllister getting off the team bus hopefully welcomed back by a much needed victory.

2-0 Kent Defoe

Worrall basically asking Eduoard to score on Sunday should have been the end of him.

Thankfully only a few weeks left of him here

I think Worrall is and will end up a very good big centre half for years to come and if there was a chance of getting him for a reasonable fee I’d have taken him .

However I know he’s desperate to see the back of Glasgow and get down to Nottingham ASAP , and seeing his pathetic display on Sunday where he basically let Edward score , then missed a last minute sitter , and to cap it all shat himself from protecting his team mates at full time ( “ I didn’t see the point “) so why oh why is he still in the team ahead of Katic who is a future first pick ?

Unfathomable from Gerrard .

Back