Rangers v Hearts turns out it is on RTV

Just to make this as clear as I can to everybody: If you have a VPN - maybe you use it to watch Away matches on RangersTV - then you have no need to register and use the new website at all. Forget it. Avoid it. Just switch on your VPN, visit Europe, go to the regular RangersTV website and purchase and view today's match in the same way you would an Away game.

Bottom line here - if you have a VPN then use it and view RangersTV on the regular website as we’ve always done. If you don’t, then read this post in more detail.

If using a VPN try this link in the first instance:

UPDATE (16 Oct): If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website. One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does. Farcical in all honesty.

Last edited:
Registered yesterday for the game in England, only to be told it was over subscribed and now not available.

Has anyone experienced the 'appearing in England' issue this morning and had a response? Been over an hour and had nothing back.
Me. I messaged last night but I’ve not heard W thing. Tried messaging the Rangers TV email on the main website and got an automated reply. I then tried to create a new account, still no joy and I can’t even see the contact us box on the new platform. This should have been rolled out at the beginning of the week to give them a chance to sort out these problems

Registered yesterday for the game in England, only to be told it was over subscribed and now not available.
The game isn't available in England - nothing to do with being registered.

If you have a VPN then use that. If you don't, and are in England, there's no way to view. See post #657 in this thread:

Me. I messaged last night but I’ve not heard W thing. Tried messaging the Rangers TV email on the main website and got an automated reply. I then tried to create a new account, still no joy and I can’t even see the contact us box on the new platform. This should have been rolled out at the beginning of the week to give them a chance to sort out these problems
See my response to you at post #100. If you are on a phone then Contact Us doesn't appear. Ridiculous I know but that's where we are.

Emailing the RangersTV address (rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com) will get nowhere as the new platform is run by a different company, steamdigital.

Tried the contact us a few times and still nothing.

I think its likely to be available except in England (EPL blackout). Just not been advertised yet. No reason the same as they did for the Hibs game shouldn't kick in - with those who put their seats on SeatSub getting codes and everybody else able to PPV - apart from the England blackout due to the EPL.
I put my ticket up for seatsub, how do I get a code that you mentioned mate?

In Scotland and I am getting told I am accessing from England. Complete fiasco. I give up.
God loves a trier. That's due to how your ISP is set up.

See post #657 in the thread below. You need to use the Contact Us on the new website and message them.

If you have a VPN then just do things old school on the old website.

Last edited:

See post #657 in the thread below. You need to use the Contact Us on the new website and message them.

Thanks for that. Followed the advice. Still waiting for someone to contact me 4hours later.

You're fighting a losing battle mate :))

Some effort.

Just to make this as clear as I can to everybody: If you have a VPN - maybe you use it to watch Away matches on RangersTV - then you have no need to register and use the new website at all. Forget it. Avoid it. Just switch on your VPN, visit Europe, go to the regular RangersTV website and purchase and view today's match in the same way you would an Away game.

Bottom line here - if you have a VPN then use it and view RangersTV on the regular website as we’ve always done. If you don’t, then read this post in more detail.

UPDATE (16 Oct): If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website. One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does. Farcical in all honesty.

You've got the patience of a saint.

I am in England i just logged in, and the option in now there for me to buy the 9.99 match pass, i don't want to spend a tenner then get blocked.

Mate, you know me of old but I have to say, today is severely testing my patience. :) We've had some 'fun and games' with RangersTV over the years but this takes the biscuit.

Are you sure its not "you"? Insert smiley face (I dont know how)

I'll be watching on my magic box but I do pay for the full package so Im not really cheating.

With my VPN on I'm now in on the regular RangersTV website and have the placeholder screens.

That's a relief.

Dunno about folks on the new, exclusively-for-UK-except-England website.

Just received email from support@streamdigital.tv. Good to go now. Remember to scroll past orange banner for info. Also looks like you can have your card details saved for future use. Will now see if I can get it on my smart tv. :))
Progress.

Also, from FAQ:

Can I watch on my Smart TV?

If you are trying to watch the broadcast directly through the browser on your Smart TV, we cannot guarantee this will work. There are so many variations on the market with different browsers and firmware that one TV by a manufacturer may be different from another TV by the same manufacturer. If you can download Google Chrome on your Smart TV it should help. But, again, this is no guarantee.

When I saw they were using a new site for those of us in Scotland today, I thought that had disaster written all over it and would be a total pain in the arse to get working. Decided to just take a quick trip over to Portugal instead and bought the 3 day pass for £9.99. Always seems to work no bother for me. VPN on, open new incognito Chrome window, buy pass using PayPal, job done. Got the hold page up and running now.

It did work before on my smart tv. Got it on the PC now. Live coverage at 2.30pm. Thanks VB. Is it right you changing your name to Saint VB? ;)
Ha ha. Give it a go on your tv then mate. However, make sure you LOGOUT on the pc before trying to do so or you will fall foul of the old double-login problems and might get locked out.

Managed buy the game on the laptop. Phone still says I'm in England. Both using the same WiFi

It will be on in Holland though. :shh:
You're going to end up with a tax liability in Holland, the amount of time you spend there!

I'm on holiday and the hotel WiFi is shite, doubt it could handle a 90 minute stream. Or I'm just too tight to find out! :p

Might just do the match thread on here. We all know how much fun that can be :oops: :D

I ran into a bit of trouble my email address is not recognised? it is the only one i have had.
Didn't you post you were in England? The only way for you to get the game from RangersTV is to use a VPN and take a quick trip to Europe mate. I wouldn't bother trying to register on the new website until we find out if its going to be used for ALL games going forward or only for those that take place during the EPL Saturday blackout.

Might be an idea for RTV to pay him a fee for services rendered.
Hell no. I just want it to work for folk and then I can get an easy time on here. In fairness, its been much quieter this season. Today is a belter though.:)

Gone quiet now so I'm waiting for the 'leave it until after 1400hrs' crowd to arrive.:))

Hell no. I just want it to work for folk and then I can get an easy time on here. In fairness, its been much quieter this season. Today is a belter though.:)

Gone quiet now so I'm waiting for the 'leave it until after 1400hrs' crowd to arrive.:))

Leave a space for me. My magic box is in England so who knows what might happen nearer ko.

just noticed that redirect.

Don't click on subscribe next to the actual fixture.

Make sure you are logged out, switch on VPN, refresh and then click on the yellow subscribe button next to the one with log in and takes you through the original page.

You don't need to create a new account.

Farcical is the word.

I'm on my work lap top that reckons its in NYC. Our website still took me to the new website. Before throwing my laptop out the window I had a look at your posts and followed the link above.

It really is ridiculous the amount of work you need to put in to help Bears give the club money. Anyway, its very much appreciated.

Just bought it. On my phone so no VPN but currently in Spain.

Still got the message re watching in England.

Registered with the new site and had it bought within 5 minutes. Was no problem, very smooth.

I suppose I will see how good it is in half an hour when I try and watch the game.

Worst experience yet and I've been using rangers TV for years now, it says I'm in England (when I'm in Scotland) no matter what device I use (through mobile data or broadband)

I've emailed them hoping for a reply

Just bought it. On my phone so no VPN but currently in Spain.

Still got the message re watching in England.

Registered with the new site and had it bought within 5 minutes. Was no problem, very smooth.

I suppose I will see how good it is in half an hour when I try and watch the game.
Hope it works for you mate. The Update part of my post #101 covers that if you subsequently encounter problems, but it looks like you got sorted. Just hope it doesn't think you are in England later. You should be able to login now, click on the Event and see the placeholder badges. Live pictures due at 1430hrs also. Try it now and be sure.

Back