MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A well deserved win even though we were not great heard a few saying we were lucky but I don't remember mcgregor making any saves or them having chances. Well done Rangers. Beat this other Edinburgh team and a wee gap opens up.

At the very least, top of the table & 6pts ahead of our primary challengers, despite a poor start to the season.

I’m confident we’ll improve. Can the yahoos say the same?

Gerrard’s reaction told a lot today.

there were a few times today that Kamara showed his skills beating a man and going forward instead of the easy 10 yard back or sideways pass that he has done for weeks. Please let there be more of it from him

Their goal i could not believe the luck they got as Alfie charges the ball in the corner and its spins all the way over to Doig.

What a noise when Alfie scored and GIRUY timewasters :))

Anybody with Twitter get stuck into the ginger whinger ... Pulling up stuff from last season
Maybe remind if that the first game vrs Hibs last year they got a offside goal to draw 2/2 he was not on shouting about that or the tackle when porteous halfed Alfie ..... Can't be selectively pointing shit out !

Last edited:
Delighted with the win but 11v11 am not so sure it would have been.Lundstram absolutely strolled and hagi non existant at best of times.

Last edited:
Once again i didnt think we played well and really poor defending for their goal. That said, we dug in and got the win which is the priority especially just now when we clearly are not firing on all cylinders.

We didnt work their keeper nearly enough but two cracking balls into the box and good finishes by Roofe and Morelos.

Porteous is a thug, pure and simple. It looked a tackle that was completely unnecessary and totally reckless. Listening to Clyde on the way home cant believe some saying it wasnt event a foul apparently!

Another good performance from Lundstram my MOM and Balogun played well.

Great reaction from the gaffer after the game.

Hopefully we get kent back for the Hearts game. I know hes been like the rest of the team so far but he will come good at some point.

Anyway top of the league for this break and hopefully a much improved performance on return.

Onwards and upwards.

Missed the game and wanted to watch it “as live” on my RTV but the game isn’t available.

Does anyone know when it is available o watch the full 90? I have the unlimited RTV subscription and live overseas so not needing a dodgy VPN or anything

Playing on Thursday and winning today is a big bonus in our quest to win the league. It doesn't matter if we were playing 10 men for much of the game, that we won after going behind shows a lot of character. Lundstram, again, MOTM; special mention to Balogun for a very good performance as well.

Just back from game and listening to the shite on Clyde SSB you'd think we'd robbed Hibs. Doubts over the sending off and Roofe's goal they're saying.

What I saw at the game was a difficult start but, red card or no red card, we came back and dominated the whole game more or less. Other than their goal Hibs did nothing the whole game. Except time waste of course. Porteous is also a walking red card you can almost depend on.

Lundstram got mom and probably deservedly although Balogun and Roofe (for the time he was on) were also excellent. However I voted for Scott Wright. Even when we were struggling he kept trying and got better as the game went on. His end product still needs improved but I think he caused them real problems at times. Until Kent is back he gives us that option of running at defences with the ball, or running in behind.

Glad to see Alfie get that goal as well. His link play and passing are amongst the best in the team but his main job is to put the ball in the net and he did that brilliantly today.

3 points won against probably the second best team in the country so a good day as far as I am concerned.

EDIT - just watched Sportscene and seen both "incidents" referred to above. Roofe was not offside - typical Clyde SSB pish - and the "tackle" by Porteous was one of the worst I've seen in years. If that had landed as he meant it Aribo would be minus a leg and the wee HIVs fanny would be in jail for GBH.

Last edited:
I see we triggered this Hibee
ECFDEFC3-9184-41-F6-BC3-A-E94468-B6-EEBC.jpg
Strangely enough, when I worked in Edinburgh I'd say around 75% of the Hibs supporters I worked with were in The Craft, including 3 PM's and 2 PPGM's.
They hated all the Irish/IRA stuff but were Hibees through and through.
It blew me away actually!

Happy with the win. Not gonna be deluded and bias. Lucky they had a man sent off. Feels like we are running about with dumbells on our boots

Playing on Thursday and winning today is a big bonus in our quest to win the league. It doesn't matter if we were playing 10 men for much of the game, that we won after going behind shows a lot of character. Lundstram, again, MOTM; special mention to Balogun for a very good performance as well.

Balogun had a cracker. Again. I voted Lundstram but that’s 3 or 4 cracking performances from Leon in recent weeks.

Their famous five forward line with Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull and Ormand were all freemasons - but if you know your history - you can still be a bitter, losing Hibee.
My granda always told me about a story from back then and it was one of the Hibs players talking to a Rangers player after a game at Easter Rd.

And the story goes;

The hibs player to the Rangers player. - Do you think your lot singinging The Sash 'gees' youse up? It gees us up as well!

Don't shoot the messenger. And remember it was Hibs who wanted the filth taken to task about the tricolour at the cesspit in 1952.

Porteous cost his side today. Jack Ross should be changing this guy's attitude.
Hope not as we can always recognise and appreciate an opposition player doing something stupid and being red carded- just so long as it doesn't ever result in a serious injury to one of ours.

Really good result and performance after a faltering first half against a strong Hibs side. We really turned up in the second half. Lundstram putting in another good performance today. The international break has come at a good time. Hopefully Ryan Jack and Ryan Kent will be available in the not too distant future. We miss both of them and will be a good bit stronger with them available. And something to look forward to. Only one more goal for Alfredo and he will be on 100 Rangers goals. That will be an incredible achievement, and one that I suspect we won't have to wait too long to celebrate :) C'mon The Rangers!

Fair play to Lundstram, seems to have turned it around. Well done big man, proved me wrong.

As for the game, 3 points is all that matters. Can't say I would have been overly confident of a win if it stayed 11 v 11 but couldn't give a f*** either.

Bring on the Hearts.

See this great Hibs performance - can someone tell me what saves that McGregor had to make? Did they even nod a ball just over the bar or shoot just past the post.
I do have blue tinted specks but we are the people.

It’s a long time since I’ve seen a team launch the ball up field as much as Hibs did today. Average first half, good second for me and well deserved win

I missed the game and just been reading the reports. Obviously happy about a win but a little confused by the posts here during the first half. Those posts are declaring Rangers crap and slating Gerrard too.

But when I look at the game stats this is what i'm seeing.

Possession: Rangers 74% - Hibs 26%
Shots: Rangers 20 - Hibs 4
Shots on target: Rangers 4 - Hibs 1
Corners: Rangers 12 - Hibs 1

That sounds like a siege conducted by Rangers. Not a let's sack the manager event.

Lundstram was excellent today. He was clearly off the pace at start of the season but he is getting into his stride now. His distribution was great, played forward passes through the midfield line and straight to feet with pace. Picked up good positions throughout the game and always available to attack and defend. You could see today that there is more to come from him aswell. Deserved MOTM

I missed the game and just been reading the reports. Obviously happy about a win but a little confused by the posts here during the first half. Those posts are declaring Rangers crap and slating Gerrard too.

But when I look at the game stats this is what i'm seeing.

Possession: Rangers 74% - Hibs 26%
Shots: Rangers 20 - Hibs 4
Shots on target: Rangers 4 - Hibs 1
Corners: Rangers 12 - Hibs 1

That sounds like a siege conducted by Rangers. Not a let's sack the manager event.
We didn’t have a shot on target first half. A game of two different halves, much better after the break.

Back